Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year 16:16 - Mar 4 with 3456 viewssmithy69

Discuss
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:22 - Mar 4 with 2980 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm struggling to think of another signing that was so needed. Not even Leif, as we have Leigh (although with his injury earlier in the season, you could argue Leif was also critically needed. PLus he's been our 2nd best player after chaplin). So, yeah possibly although Davis is another strong shout.

He's doing great today. Takes the pressure of Morsy a lot.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:23 - Mar 4 with 2958 viewsFrimleyBlue

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:22 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

I'm struggling to think of another signing that was so needed. Not even Leif, as we have Leigh (although with his injury earlier in the season, you could argue Leif was also critically needed. PLus he's been our 2nd best player after chaplin). So, yeah possibly although Davis is another strong shout.

He's doing great today. Takes the pressure of Morsy a lot.

Was really annoyed when he signed and wasn't included in the games after. One of league 1's best players last season. So good to have him in the side.. he's a level above Humphreys ( That's not slight on Humphreys )

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year (n/t) on 16:25 - Mar 4 with 2949 viewsSwansea_Blue

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:23 - Mar 4 by FrimleyBlue

Was really annoyed when he signed and wasn't included in the games after. One of league 1's best players last season. So good to have him in the side.. he's a level above Humphreys ( That's not slight on Humphreys )

[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 16:26]

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:25 - Mar 4 with 2949 viewsSwansea_Blue

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:23 - Mar 4 by FrimleyBlue

It was frustrating, but wasn't he recovering from injury?

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:27 - Mar 4 with 2932 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

If he stays fit he’ll me massive for us. Great composure, calm, can hold the ball up and tackle too.

Edit / I’ll add Broadhead to that too, had high expectations for him and he hasn’t dissapointed.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 16:28]
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:32 - Mar 4 with 2879 viewsGavTWTD

I think you might be right. Shame it isn't Hirst. Maybe he should come on and get a couple.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:37 - Mar 4 with 2839 viewsBigCommon

He looks class, and he's probably not even flying yet..
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:40 - Mar 4 with 2803 viewsNthQldITFC

That was a magnificent performance.

Luongo, Chaplin, Ladapo, Broadhead all 9/10 today for me. A few others not far behind too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:49 - Mar 4 with 2746 viewsgreyhound

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:40 - Mar 4 by NthQldITFC

Luongo, Chaplin, Ladapo, Broadhead all 9/10 today for me. A few others not far behind too.

Opposite to this but is it just me or does hirst look like an utter donkey, Edwards seems to be playing on ice as well.
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:51 - Mar 4 with 2728 viewschicoazul

Davis. POTY.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:51 - Mar 4 with 2717 viewsFrimleyBlue

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:49 - Mar 4 by greyhound

Opposite to this but is it just me or does hirst look like an utter donkey, Edwards seems to be playing on ice as well.

I don't get the love for Hirst personally, but people liked him more after his last appearence.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:57 - Mar 4 with 2681 viewsDanTheMan

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:51 - Mar 4 by FrimleyBlue

I don't get the love for Hirst personally, but people liked him more after his last appearence.

I think he had a great performance last time out but didn't really look up to much today. That said, we'd obviously gone down a few gears so he was unlikely to get much service.

As for Luongo, such a good player. If we can get him playing weekly with Evans and Camara as back up, we're golden.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 16:58]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:58 - Mar 4 with 2673 viewsHighgateBlue

I'm not sure he'll have more of an influence in half a season (less if Evans returns) than Davis will have done in a whole season.

However, out of the January signings, he was definitely the least glamorous, but has looked like a really really canny move. Class today.
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 17:10 - Mar 4 with 2541 viewsArchiRob

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:49 - Mar 4 by greyhound

Not easy to come on with 2 new partners - all off pace of game, but can't see how Ladapo doesn't start each game
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 17:10 - Mar 4 with 2542 viewsNthQldITFC

I'd say that's significantly OTT, but he looks like he's struggling with his confidence a little and seems slow off the mark quite often. But he does also do some very good work at times. Just need to be patient with him as we (or most of us) were with Freddie.

And just look at Freddie today - I'd say he gave us about 40 minutes of the best centre forward play I've seen from a Town player for quite a long time.

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 17:13 - Mar 4 with 2497 viewsDaninthecampo

Great all round performance today, always looking for the positive forward pass
Will definitely be a big player for the rest of the season
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 17:21 - Mar 4 with 2431 viewsSwansea_Blue

Er, he showed some good movement the other week (genuinely). Something needs to happen though, as he's yet to score in the league this season in about 18/19 games (I can't remember how many times he played at Blackburn).

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's another in the long line of players who show early promise and then just fade away into obscurity. I hope not, but time's against him. He's mid-20s now (24) and nowhere near close to being involved at his parent club. He's not even 1st choice for us imo (and he hasn't got much competition here).

But he's not a donkey. He plays quite nicely, just not effectively.

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 17:31 - Mar 4 with 2352 viewsHerbivore

As things stand Davis and Ladapo are both far more influential signings. Luongo was good today but he's played a handful of minutes, Davis has been a chance creating machine and Ladapo has led the line well and been banging in the goals. If Luongo makes as much of a contribution as them over the remaining games he'll have done very well indeed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 17:43 - Mar 4 with 2256 viewsdeano85

Only down side, is that he is only contracted till the end of the season (?)

Would certainly be trying to extend sooner rather than later
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 17:48 - Mar 4 with 2215 viewsbilllm

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 16:40 - Mar 4 by NthQldITFC

Agree, they were streets ahead,broadhead and Chaplin different gravy,
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 18:35 - Mar 4 with 2024 viewsBigCommon

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 17:31 - Mar 4 by Herbivore

As things stand Davis and Ladapo are both far more influential signings. Luongo was good today but he's played a handful of minutes, Davis has been a chance creating machine and Ladapo has led the line well and been banging in the goals. If Luongo makes as much of a contribution as them over the remaining games he'll have done very well indeed.

I would probably chuck Broadhead into this conversation, too..Even though he hasn't racked up loads of games, yet. He definitely adds something different to the team. A ball carrier who can work effectively in limited space..Chipped in 3 goals already, and deff gave Burton problems today, who resorted to kicking lumps out of him. He has a touch of Cellina about him, imo.
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 18:58 - Mar 4 with 1905 viewsFreddies_Ears

If Luongo ends up our most influential signing, then we will have had one heck of a run! I agree he is class- such quick feet and great balance.
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 20:18 - Mar 4 with 1675 viewsNthQldITFC

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 18:58 - Mar 4 by Freddies_Ears

If Luongo ends up our most influential signing, then we will have had one heck of a run! I agree he is class- such quick feet and great balance.

He's quite similar to Aluko in many ways, not quite as 'unbelievable tekkers' as Sone perhaps, but perhaps a little more tenacious. Small sample size I know, but I was very impressed by him today.

Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 21:12 - Mar 4 with 1538 viewsRobTheMonk

If he stays fit he’s an automatic starter for me. Absolute quality.
Luongo will end up being our most influential signing this year on 22:29 - Mar 4 with 1378 viewsjacobnikons

False.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024