Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we 19:40 - Feb 11 with 41319 viewstextbackup

Even a draw after pissing about going 2-0 down isn’t good enough.

We were fcking top, points clear.

This is an absolute shtshow, we’ll probably nick a 5th 6th place finish due to the sheer amount of sht we have left to play… but I don’t see us getting anything from barnsley Bolton or Derby, might nick a point or two if we are lucky, which really then gives nobody any hope that the playoffs will result in anything but 82726 passes then concede from the only shot or two we have against us.

[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:44]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 11:10 - Feb 13 with 2046 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 22:47 - Feb 11 by textbackup

I’ve not called for his head

4 wins in 13 games

Congrats for being ok with that, congrats for not even questioning what the fck is happening. Must be great not caring…
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 22:53]

Feck off you wetwipe. For one I didn't say you did call for his head, so you seem to be protesting a little too much there. Your posts suggest you wouldn't be sad to see him sacked, you're just too scared about the fallout on here to say it.

For two, just because I don't blub like girl on here doesn't mean I don't care. I've supported this club for more than 40 years so who the feck are you to say I don't care?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 11:51 - Feb 13 with 2000 viewstextbackup

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 11:10 - Feb 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Feck off you wetwipe. For one I didn't say you did call for his head, so you seem to be protesting a little too much there. Your posts suggest you wouldn't be sad to see him sacked, you're just too scared about the fallout on here to say it.

For two, just because I don't blub like girl on here doesn't mean I don't care. I've supported this club for more than 40 years so who the feck are you to say I don't care?

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried, it’s beyond laughable.

I absolutely don’t want to see him gone!

I’ve not mentioned any single worry about KM as manager in any post I’ve made

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 11:58 - Feb 13 with 1991 viewsibbleobble

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 02:29 - Feb 12 by J2BLUE

Hard to argue with this.

Top 2 was the target. If we don’t get it then we have underachieved and the only redemption will be winning the play offs. If we do not go up then questions need to be answered.

Completely agree. Here’s another thread saying, “…6th is progress”. Ne’er no circumstance is 6th progress. It’s the bare minimum expected this season with the investment that’s gone into the club. We’re the Man City of League One so to suggest 6th is OK is unfathomable.
We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:07 - Feb 13 with 1963 viewsVaughan8

Problem is everyone wants instant success but it doesn't work like that, and other teams have good players too.......

I've enjoyed this season a lot more than the previous (say) 10 and i'm enjoying watching us again.

However you can see why Sheff Wed doesn't lose many. A team of giants who grind out results which may be better suited for this league.

ALso, we need someone to put away these penalties. How many have we missed now? too many.

Comparisons between McKenna and Schumacher further back on this thread are totally wrong btw. The guy was assistant and just "carried on" from Lowe. McKenna has had to come in and sort the stuff out at the club.
We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:12 - Feb 13 with 1934 viewsitfcsuth

A little bit over the top, we haven't absolutely fked anything, and we certainly are far from a shtshow - madness to suggest that.

Disappointing run right now, will be disappointing should we miss out on the top 2, nobody would be happy with that.

But these over the top meltdowns when things aren't going well are embarrassing, especially when you look at the progress we have made as a club under GC20/Ashton/KMc and all else involved from the days of Lambert & Evans era.

We are 3rd in the L1, competing at the top end of the division with everything to play for.

Absolutely embarrassing.
We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:17 - Feb 13 with 1862 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 11:51 - Feb 13 by textbackup

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried, it’s beyond laughable.

I absolutely don’t want to see him gone!

I’ve not mentioned any single worry about KM as manager in any post I’ve made

"Would love to hear how this all miraculously turns around…"

"You’re welcome to pretend this is all going to turn around randomly, hell, we might even beat forest green rovers 3/4-0, wouldn’t that be super"

"3 chances in a blitz of a second half… and we drew in a must win game. Pop that champagne right now"

"But yeah, played well against Burnley, worth another star on the shirt?"

"This season is turning into an absolute disaster...in no world should we have ballsed this up in the way we have"

"This is an absolute shtshow, we’ll probably nick a 5th 6th place finish due to the sheer amount of sht we have left to play… but I don’t see us getting anything from barnsley Bolton or Derby, might nick a point or two if we are lucky, which really then gives nobody any hope that the playoffs will result in anything but 82726 passes then concede from the only shot or two we have against us."

"The current plan isn’t working, that’s clear from the results... it’s a results business."

That's just a selection, there are many more. You can see from the above why I might think you DO have a worry about KM as manager without explicitly saying it?!

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:34 - Feb 13 with 1759 viewsFrimleyBlue

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 11:10 - Feb 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Whilst this isn't aimed at me.

Just to put it out there.

I wouldn't sack KM not yet. He has a target to achieve and only the owners know how long he has to do it. We just have to go with it.

I wouldn't be sad to see him leave tho, it's nice football but its not winning football that's gonna get us out of league 1 at this rate.

However having said that. I'd have been happy with KM as a championship side as I think his style suits the higher leagues better.

So it's more about is KM the right manager to get us out of league 1.

So far, he didn't achieve it with half a season left last year.
Got us top which is fab.. but then let it drop this year.. where do we finish.. that's what we don't know yet. But it's looking doubtful on top 2.. playoff win? Is it in us? I dunno.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:49 - Feb 13 with 1713 viewsNeedhamChris

I think you've gone in two footed here with a bit of casual sexism to boot.

You seem to be in the camp who can't seem to comprehend that it's possible to be a) concerned that results haven't been good enough for months now without b) thinking McKenna should be sacked. It is possible to have a more nuanced view than you're letting on.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Login to get fewer ads

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:52 - Feb 13 with 1662 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:34 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

I wouldn't sack KM not yet. He has a target to achieve and only the owners know how long he has to do it. We just have to go with it.

I wouldn't be sad to see him leave tho, it's nice football but its not winning football that's gonna get us out of league 1 at this rate.

However having said that. I'd have been happy with KM as a championship side as I think his style suits the higher leagues better.

Got us top which is fab.. but then let it drop this year.. where do we finish.. that's what we don't know yet. But it's looking doubtful on top 2.. playoff win? Is it in us? I dunno.

I think you want too much too soon.

"So far, he didn't achieve it with half a season left last year."

So not only with a completely new ownership structure coming in, but also a good young coach coming into his first managerial role - and you were expecting promotion in his first half a season?!

Unbelievable, Jeff.

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:02 - Feb 13 with 1604 viewsFrimleyBlue

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:52 - Feb 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think you want too much too soon.

"So far, he didn't achieve it with half a season left last year."

So not only with a completely new ownership structure coming in, but also a good young coach coming into his first managerial role - and you were expecting promotion in his first half a season?!

Unbelievable, Jeff.

Not about my expectations. I said the owners expectations will be promotion. What we don't know is the time limit on that target.

He had half a season to squeeze into the playoffs. I don't think we sacked a manager early December just to consolidate our place in league 1, it was done with an eye on squeezing into a play off place, imo. If there wasn't that belief I don't think pc would have been sacked that early personally.

Waka waka eh eh

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:12 - Feb 13 with 1592 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone who wouldn't be sad to see McKenna go is destined to spend their life supporting Ipswich Town unhappy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:16 - Feb 13 with 1546 viewsFrimleyBlue

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:12 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

Anyone who wouldn't be sad to see McKenna go is destined to spend their life supporting Ipswich Town unhappy

Depends when the time is and what he's achieved Joe.

Nothing been achieved yet to be sad to see the manager go, if for example he left next week.

Waka waka eh eh

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:27 - Feb 13 with 1524 viewsitfcjoe

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:16 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Depends when the time is and what he's achieved Joe.

Nothing been achieved yet to be sad to see the manager go, if for example he left next week.

It just gets worse

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:28 - Feb 13 with 1513 viewstextbackup

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:17 - Feb 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

"Would love to hear how this all miraculously turns around…"

"You’re welcome to pretend this is all going to turn around randomly, hell, we might even beat forest green rovers 3/4-0, wouldn’t that be super"

"3 chances in a blitz of a second half… and we drew in a must win game. Pop that champagne right now"

"But yeah, played well against Burnley, worth another star on the shirt?"

"This season is turning into an absolute disaster...in no world should we have ballsed this up in the way we have"

"This is an absolute shtshow, we’ll probably nick a 5th 6th place finish due to the sheer amount of sht we have left to play… but I don’t see us getting anything from barnsley Bolton or Derby, might nick a point or two if we are lucky, which really then gives nobody any hope that the playoffs will result in anything but 82726 passes then concede from the only shot or two we have against us."

"The current plan isn’t working, that’s clear from the results... it’s a results business."

That's just a selection, there are many more. You can see from the above why I might think you DO have a worry about KM as manager without explicitly saying it?!

Not really. I’m pissed off with the situation we’ve got ourselves in.

The two don’t go hand in hand

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:29 - Feb 13 with 1480 viewsFrimleyBlue

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:27 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

It just gets worse

Good summary of our season.

Waka waka eh eh

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:30 - Feb 13 with 1487 viewsleitrimblue

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:12 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

If we some how failed to gain promotion next year would you be happy to give him another year or 2?
We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:37 - Feb 13 with 1452 viewsibbleobble

Unfortunately you can’t sack KM to get out of League One and then tremolos him in the Championship. KM has delivered our best football since Burley so he’s a long way from being sacked. Failure to make the autos or the play-offs would put him under a lot of pressure early next season though.
We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:42 - Feb 13 with 1405 viewsFrimleyBlue

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:37 - Feb 13 by ibbleobble

Unfortunately you can’t sack KM to get out of League One and then tremolos him in the Championship. KM has delivered our best football since Burley so he’s a long way from being sacked. Failure to make the autos or the play-offs would put him under a lot of pressure early next season though.

See this is what I get annoyed about.

Best football since Burley... is it really?
Better than under Joe?
Better than micks 2015 season?

Waka waka eh eh

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:42 - Feb 13 with 1416 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 12:49 - Feb 13 by NeedhamChris

I think you've gone in two footed here with a bit of casual sexism to boot.

You seem to be in the camp who can't seem to comprehend that it's possible to be a) concerned that results haven't been good enough for months now without b) thinking McKenna should be sacked. It is possible to have a more nuanced view than you're letting on.

Firstly, when I said girl I meant little girl - as in a child. Not a woman.
Secondly, of course you can be concerned without wanting the manager gone. I haven't said otherwise.
The irony here is it's you not having the nuanced view.

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:43 - Feb 13 with 1424 viewsitfcjoe

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:30 - Feb 13 by leitrimblue

If we some how failed to gain promotion next year would you be happy to give him another year or 2?

I think lets wait for those situations to arise and see where we are and why before pointless hypothesising on that line.

But as things stand, if someone isn't bothered if he were to go next week because he hasn't achieved anything then they just aren't worth engaging with

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:48 - Feb 13 with 1368 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:02 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Not about my expectations. I said the owners expectations will be promotion. What we don't know is the time limit on that target.

He had half a season to squeeze into the playoffs. I don't think we sacked a manager early December just to consolidate our place in league 1, it was done with an eye on squeezing into a play off place, imo. If there wasn't that belief I don't think pc would have been sacked that early personally.

Regardless of that being a 'nice to have', half a season into a young manager's first job (inheriting a team that's been failing for years to boot) is way too early to judge anything, and Gamerchanger won't have been. You clearly were, you brought it up.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and certainly not by a rookie builder with previously dysfunctioning building materials.

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:50 - Feb 13 with 1368 viewstractorboy1978

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:43 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

I think lets wait for those situations to arise and see where we are and why before pointless hypothesising on that line.

But as things stand, if someone isn't bothered if he were to go next week because he hasn't achieved anything then they just aren't worth engaging with

We already knew this. He ruins this board. Yet is still here.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 14:08]
We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:50 - Feb 13 with 1370 viewsOldFart71

We have to be realistic and say we have no God given right to be in the top two or the top six come to that. It has to be earned. Before Christmas we had injuries to several important players and now we only have two midfield players, one of whom has only come into the team this season and was used pre Christmas much more than would have been the case with experienced players available. Whether it's an Ipswich thing I don't know, but we do seem prone to bringing in injured players who we then have to wait weeks before they are available. New players vary in the time it takes to get up to speed as we have seen with Broadhead and particularly Hirst. In the grand scheme of things Broadhead is more important to us as he's ours. Despite all the problems i.e. poor refs decisions, deflected goals, sloppy defending and missed chances we are still third. That proves one of two things either we are pretty good or those below us are crap. take your pick.
We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:51 - Feb 13 with 1352 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:28 - Feb 13 by textbackup

Not really. I’m pissed off with the situation we’ve got ourselves in.

The two don’t go hand in hand

I think they do. Of course they do. How can you be unhappy with the situation (you come across as rather more than just "unhappy with the situation" BTW) but be perfectly happy with the manager, by far the main reason for it?

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:53 - Feb 13 with 1343 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have absolutely fcked this haven’t we on 13:30 - Feb 13 by leitrimblue

Rather depends on the context. Not a question anyone can answer right now, and not sure how it's relevant to the right now. All managers have an eventual shelf life, but for McKenna, for me, that's a long way off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024