Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any good phone deals at the mo? 10:05 - Feb 1 with 3392 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Tempted by a Google Pixel as Lady Dollers loves hers. Currently have a Huawei (P10) but it's getting a bit old, slightly damaged and slow to charge these days.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:14 - Feb 1 with 2648 viewsSaleAway

I've been really impressed with my Pixel 3a. Had it now for about 3.5 years, and its still pretty good. Lasted a lot better than other mid range or budget phones that I or MrsSA have had.

Latest equivalent would be the 6a I guess on the sim free deals... its was definitely at £299 in post xmas sales but on google store its back up at 399... bit cheaper on Amazon.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:17 - Feb 1 with 2636 viewsGavTWTD

I need a new phone after my dog chewed mine. It's been limping along but I've been waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S23s which are announced today. I'll give them a look but haven't decided against an S22 if it saves a big wedge over the new ones. I've had Galaxys for a long time so seems the logical choice for me.

I've never seen or used a Pixel so I can't comment.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:21 - Feb 1 with 2607 viewsZx1988

I'm using a Pixel 6 Pro at the moment, and it's probably up there with the very best phones I've had. The camera, in particular, is superb.

I think that the 'lesser' Pixels have a lot of the same camera software, but not the same assortment of lenses.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:25 - Feb 1 with 2603 viewsblueasfook

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:17 - Feb 1 by GavTWTD

I need a new phone after my dog chewed mine. It's been limping along but I've been waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S23s which are announced today. I'll give them a look but haven't decided against an S22 if it saves a big wedge over the new ones. I've had Galaxys for a long time so seems the logical choice for me.

I have the S22 Ultra. Great phone and has probably the best camera of any phone out there at the moment (if you're into taking piccies).

Bixby assistant is quite fun. I have told her my name is Heisenberg. So when I say "Say my name", she replies "You're Heisenberg" and then I reply "You're goddam right".

Well it amuses me at least!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:28 - Feb 1 with 2583 viewsblueasfook

Huawei P10? Is it 2012 again?

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:30 - Feb 1 with 2565 viewsJ2BLUE

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:25 - Feb 1 by blueasfook

I have the S22 Ultra. Great phone and has probably the best camera of any phone out there at the moment (if you're into taking piccies).

Bixby assistant is quite fun. I have told her my name is Heisenberg. So when I say "Say my name", she replies "You're Heisenberg" and then I reply "You're goddam right".

Well it amuses me at least!

I have told Alexa my name is Alexa. Then when I use the announcements feature on the app it says "From Alexa. xxxxxx I have always thought you were a total bellend". Etc etc.

Little things...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:55 - Feb 1 with 2501 viewsvilanovablue

I've had 3 pixels, Currently on the 6 Pro. If you are looking around you can probably get a decent deal on the 6 rather than 6a. The Pixel 7's are also very good value for money and often on sale. Any questions feel free to ask.
Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:56 - Feb 1 with 2494 viewshoppy

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:17 - Feb 1 by GavTWTD

Sorry to hear about your dog limping after chewing your phone. Hope the recovery is full and speedy.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 11:05 - Feb 1 with 2466 viewsGavTWTD

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:56 - Feb 1 by hoppy

Sorry to hear about your dog limping after chewing your phone. Hope the recovery is full and speedy.

That would be due to the kick that it received.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 11:06 - Feb 1 with 2462 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 10:28 - Feb 1 by blueasfook

Huawei P10? Is it 2012 again?

Again, not a thing I can post without you having a dig in some way.

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 11:20 - Feb 1 with 2377 viewsblueasfook

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 11:06 - Feb 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Again, not a thing I can post without you having a dig in some way.

You're being too sensitive. Huaweis were great back in the day. They have great retro appeal I think. Like the old Nokias.

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 11:22 - Feb 1 with 2354 viewsGunnsAirkick

My wife has a Pixel (4a I believe?) and whilst it's a couple of years old the camera still holds up.

My mate has a newer Pixel (6 or possibly 6a) and loves the camera on that too, so if it's a good camera and a 'vanilla' User Interface without loads of extra junk installed I think they're very good phones.
Any good phone deals at the mo? on 11:33 - Feb 1 with 2318 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 11:20 - Feb 1 by blueasfook

You're being too sensitive. Huaweis were great back in the day. They have great retro appeal I think. Like the old Nokias.

On ignore you go. Cheerio.

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:11 - Feb 1 with 2197 viewsNthQldITFC

If you feel you absolutely need to have a new phone, how about a Fairphone?

Every part is (I think) replaceable, and troubles the landfill and mining industries as little as possible.

https://www.makeuseof.com/eco-smartphones-sustainable-phones/

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:11 - Feb 1 with 2197 viewsWicklowBlue

Samsung are doing an offer on the S22 and S21 FE phones where you can claim a free Samsung Chrome book 4.

The chromebook 4 is budget end and nothing to get excited about but I got the S22 in Jan. Good phone, few little glitches in the beginning but still pining for smaller display size than my P30 Pro which I loved. The S22s display is much higher quality though. Should have got the S22 Ultra but decided not going back to paying over €1k for a phone.
Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:24 - Feb 1 with 2160 viewsbournemouthblue

I had a P30 Pro which was very good but Huawei have upset the west and 3 don't seem to be offering them now

I have an Honor 70 which seems solid enough but I have discovered the camera is less capable, at least on the zooming stakes any way

Oppo seem to have come out of nowhere, Xiaomi are meant to be pretty reasonable too

The Google Pixel phones must be alright?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:41 - Feb 1 with 2113 viewsJ2BLUE

Definitely android and not iphone?

I got an iphone XR a couple of years ago for £23 per month. Absolutely love it. I'm sure there are some great deals around on iphones which are 2-3 models behind the current one.

Google Pixel does look good though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:45 - Feb 1 with 2049 viewsCoastalblue

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:11 - Feb 1 by NthQldITFC

Every part is (I think) replaceable, and troubles the landfill and mining industries as little as possible.

They are actually pretty good phones, a friend has one and I will look seriously next time I'm looking to replace. I tend to keep my phones 4+ years anyway, but being able to replace parts actually is a big draw.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:45 - Feb 1 with 2048 viewsgiant_stow

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:11 - Feb 1 by NthQldITFC

Good link - reading it now - ta.

Edit: the 4 year warranty is appealing on one of those.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 13:00]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:55 - Feb 1 with 2021 viewsblueasfook

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 11:33 - Feb 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

On ignore you go. Cheerio.

I bet you haven't put me on Ignore.

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 13:01 - Feb 1 with 2008 viewsblueasfook

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:24 - Feb 1 by bournemouthblue

I had a P30 Pro which was very good but Huawei have upset the west and 3 don't seem to be offering them now

I have an Honor 70 which seems solid enough but I have discovered the camera is less capable, at least on the zooming stakes any way

Oppo seem to have come out of nowhere, Xiaomi are meant to be pretty reasonable too

The Google Pixel phones must be alright?

They got hobbled by D Trump. He raised suspicions about them having spyware in so Google etc withdrew support for Huawei phones, As Google and Android go hand in hand these days, then that move rendered them pretty much useless in the western markets. Huawei also lost big contracts in building 5G infrastructure.

Shame cos Huawei were great phones. I had a P20 which I loved at the time. Switched to Samsung after they got hobbled.

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 13:58 - Feb 1 with 1890 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

I've been on Pixels since they were a thing. Camera always amazed me.
Best pics you can get, especially vs the 23xSaturation that the Samsungs have.

I've had Pixel,3xl, 5 and now 7pro - I also moderate on FB Pixel groups with over 200k members.

Best time to get a brand new pixel is always on launch (November) as Google LOVES giving a freebie.. Google Pixel 5 = Free Bose QC headphones and Pixel 7 series gave the pixel watch for free.

I'd realistically suggest the 7a would be the best cross between funtion, newness and value too.

Outside of that, you have the 6 and 7 series using Google's own Tensor Chip and it's better in the 7 (2nd time, ironed out the kinks)

Google normally release the "a" version of their phone first half of the year - so worth asking in the phone shop if they have a release date.

If you can't wait, and want good performance, the 7 and 7 pro differ by some extra RAM and then some added camera functionality in the pro - macro and amazing zoom.
If your photo needs are "normal" then the 7 would be potentially the better option

Feel free to ask anything phone-wise as I'm a geek and also used to sell phones for a living
Any good phone deals at the mo? on 14:10 - Feb 1 with 1865 viewsbobbyramsey

Google do quite good trade in deals px on new pixel phones.

I had a pixel 2 and am now yearning for a newer model, brilliant camera…..
Any good phone deals at the mo? on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 1759 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 12:41 - Feb 1 by J2BLUE

Definitely android and not iphone?

I got an iphone XR a couple of years ago for £23 per month. Absolutely love it. I'm sure there are some great deals around on iphones which are 2-3 models behind the current one.

Google Pixel does look good though.

I've had both iPhone and Android. Much of a muchness to me, I'm not wedded to either.

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 19:30 - Feb 1 with 1582 viewsbournemouthblue

Any good phone deals at the mo? on 13:01 - Feb 1 by blueasfook

They got hobbled by D Trump. He raised suspicions about them having spyware in so Google etc withdrew support for Huawei phones, As Google and Android go hand in hand these days, then that move rendered them pretty much useless in the western markets. Huawei also lost big contracts in building 5G infrastructure.

Shame cos Huawei were great phones. I had a P20 which I loved at the time. Switched to Samsung after they got hobbled.

Samsung are the market leaders for good reason, I'd go for them if money was no object but their top spec phones are usually pretty expensive on contract?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024