Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So we're not in a recession (technically) 13:20 - Feb 10 with 1013 viewsElderGrizzly

But only because the Queen died.

Charles had better watch out later this year...

Our Government has made us considerably poorer though

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 13:30 - Feb 10 with 956 viewsChurchman

‘A calamitous performance’ sums it up very nicely. We all know why.
So we're not in a recession (technically) on 13:38 - Feb 10 with 928 viewsRyorry

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 13:30 - Feb 10 by Churchman

‘A calamitous performance’ sums it up very nicely. We all know why.

DavU's new apprentice doesn't!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 14:11 - Feb 10 with 872 viewsBlueBadger

'Technically correct' is the best kind of 'correct', after all.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 15:03 - Feb 10 with 830 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

We’ve only kicked the can down the road (slightly):

The recession is now thought to have started in the first quarter, with the Bank of England predicting a shallow downturn extending into early 2024. 
So we're not in a recession (technically) on 15:40 - Feb 10 with 758 viewsleitrimblue

Are you suggesting if we were to sacrifice one of um every year that this would keep the recession gods happy?
So we're not in a recession (technically) on 15:53 - Feb 10 with 741 viewsDJR

The odd thing about GDP is that increased activity in NHS (eg. the Covid booster, increased hospital admissions) boosts growth.

On that basis, the Tories only need to build their 40 new hospitals to make the country boom, given all the people whose health has been affected by things like austerity, Covid and problems in the NHS.
So we're not in a recession (technically) on 15:59 - Feb 10 with 726 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 15:53 - Feb 10 by DJR

The odd thing about GDP is that increased activity in NHS (eg. the Covid booster, increased hospital admissions) boosts growth.

On that basis, the Tories only need to build their 40 new hospitals to make the country boom, given all the people whose health has been affected by things like austerity, Covid and problems in the NHS.

Indeed.

Biden signed off a $3trn infrastructure bill post lockdown, and it’s no coincidence that US economic growth has left the UK and EU trailing miles behind.
So we're not in a recession (technically) on 16:01 - Feb 10 with 717 viewsgtsb1966

Even this waste of paper is starting to turn.
https://www.frontpages.com/daily-mail/
Login to get fewer ads

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 16:18 - Feb 10 with 678 viewsPinewoodblue

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 15:59 - Feb 10 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Indeed.

Biden signed off a $3trn infrastructure bill post lockdown, and it’s no coincidence that US economic growth has left the UK and EU trailing miles behind.

In recent year US spending on infrastructure has lagged.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 16:35 - Feb 10 with 644 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 16:18 - Feb 10 by Pinewoodblue

In recent year US spending on infrastructure has lagged.

The numbers I’ve seen are double the UK spending as a percentage of GDP.
So we're not in a recession (technically) on 16:50 - Feb 10 with 605 viewsPinewoodblue

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 16:35 - Feb 10 by SuperKieranMcKenna

The numbers I’ve seen are double the UK spending as a percentage of GDP.

For some reason this list doesn't include USA but it does make mention that China's investment on infrastructure is 10 times that of USA.

Suspect you are comparing intended expenditure rather than recent expenditure.

https://www.statista.com/topics/5383/us-infrastructure/#editorsPicks

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 17:09 - Feb 10 with 570 viewsOldsmoker

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 15:40 - Feb 10 by leitrimblue

Are you suggesting if we were to sacrifice one of um every year that this would keep the recession gods happy?

Letting Brenda go has only saved us "technically".
She was our ace card.
Andrew, Harry and some of the lesser royals aren't going to convince the gods....

....but it's worth a try.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 17:10]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 17:17 - Feb 10 with 538 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 16:50 - Feb 10 by Pinewoodblue

For some reason this list doesn't include USA but it does make mention that China's investment on infrastructure is 10 times that of USA.

Suspect you are comparing intended expenditure rather than recent expenditure.

https://www.statista.com/topics/5383/us-infrastructure/#editorsPicks

Fair enough, but that only goes back to 2020 as far as I can see, and the bill was only passed in 2021. Apologies if I’ve missed it.
So we're not in a recession (technically) on 17:27 - Feb 10 with 509 viewsleitrimblue

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 17:09 - Feb 10 by Oldsmoker

Letting Brenda go has only saved us "technically".
She was our ace card.
Andrew, Harry and some of the lesser royals aren't going to convince the gods....

....but it's worth a try.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 17:10]

Exactly, we not gonna know until we try. I wonder if a combination of royals might work? Perhaps Andrew and Charles together or Edaward and William might equal 1 Brenda in a angry gods eyes?
So we're not in a recession (technically) on 17:45 - Feb 10 with 480 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 17:27 - Feb 10 by leitrimblue

Exactly, we not gonna know until we try. I wonder if a combination of royals might work? Perhaps Andrew and Charles together or Edaward and William might equal 1 Brenda in a angry gods eyes?

I reckon it would have to be the one that is most popular when the sacrifice is required.

Andrew's well safe.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 17:55 - Feb 10 with 451 viewsOldsmoker

So we're not in a recession (technically) on 17:27 - Feb 10 by leitrimblue

Howsabout at the end of each quarter we top one off until GDP has recovered to an acceptable* level to definitely signify we're nowhere close to a recession.

Problem is this might make the Tories really popular and they'll win the next GE.

* This might involve some debate by Joe Public as to how large this number should be. If the next one is under 10 years old I might get a bit squeamish.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024