Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks Liz 08:13 - Jan 31 with 10549 viewsStokieBlue

The UK economy will be the only economy in the G7 predicted to shrink in 2023. Even sanction hit Russia is predicted to manage 0.3% growth.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jan/31/britain-only-g7-economy-expecte

SB

Edit: Sorry Herbs, didn't see your thread
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 8:13]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thanks Liz on 08:25 - Jan 31 with 4193 viewsSteve_M

Don't worry though, the Mail has the perfect solution to it all:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Thanks Liz on 08:33 - Jan 31 with 4149 viewsHerbivore

Thanks Liz on 08:25 - Jan 31 by Steve_M

Don't worry though, the Mail has the perfect solution to it all:

It's the same sh!twitted magical thinking that posits that Brexit freedoms are the answer to the problems caused by Brexit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thanks Liz on 08:43 - Jan 31 with 4099 viewsKievthegreat

Thanks Liz on 08:33 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

It's the same sh!twitted magical thinking that posits that Brexit freedoms are the answer to the problems caused by Brexit.

Nah, it's because we just didn't Brexit 'properly'. So actually it's all those pesky remainers' fault. Definitely not that Brexit was always going to be a catastrophe...
Thanks Liz on 09:02 - Jan 31 with 4059 viewsThisIsMyUsername

And still KS would say that we won't/shouldn't look to rejoin the Single Market.

I hope he is is secretly planning an immediate U-turn on that one about five minutes after winning the next GE.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Thanks Liz on 09:12 - Jan 31 with 4034 viewsGuthrum

Thanks Liz on 08:43 - Jan 31 by Kievthegreat

Nah, it's because we just didn't Brexit 'properly'. So actually it's all those pesky remainers' fault. Definitely not that Brexit was always going to be a catastrophe...

The saddest thing is that Brexit didn't necessarily have to be a catastrophe. Had the exit, once voted for*, been planned for and conducted in an orderly fashion - during the three and a half years the process took - then a lot of problems could have been at least mitigated.

Instead we had meaningless waffle ("Brexit means Brexit"), half-baked plans voted down on ideology, flirting with No Deal, posturing and a refusal to compromise. Turned a difficult situation into a sh1tshow.

Now they're reduced to blaming "traitors" and "lack of zeal", the standard empty rhetoric of incompetent, failed revolutionaries throughout history, devoid of real answers.

* Which I didn't.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thanks Liz on 09:14 - Jan 31 with 4010 viewsGuthrum

Thanks Liz on 09:02 - Jan 31 by ThisIsMyUsername

And still KS would say that we won't/shouldn't look to rejoin the Single Market.

I hope he is is secretly planning an immediate U-turn on that one about five minutes after winning the next GE.

Probably do the usual UK thing, picking and choosing which bits we want to align ourselves with, rather than simply going all-in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thanks Liz on 09:24 - Jan 31 with 3943 viewsElephantintheRoom

The IMF forecast would tend to suggest that the economic impact of Brexit is somewhat worse than a mad, unwinnable war combined with global sanctions/

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Thanks Liz on 09:38 - Jan 31 with 3884 viewsEdwardStone

How that whey-faced loon was ever given the keys to No. 10 defies all comprehension.

Clearly she was utterly unsuitable for the job, everyone with an iota of commonsense could see that.

But at the end of an long drawn out contest, she was what the Tory Party foisted on to us.

Apparently she is much in demand on the US speakers circuit, where people pay a fortune to lap up the inanities that fall from her lips.

As I sit at home worried about rising cost of absolutely everything, I wonder if she ever experiences just a scintilla of self-awareness that sooooo much of this sh1tshow is her responsibility
Login to get fewer ads

Thanks Liz on 09:50 - Jan 31 with 3775 viewsblueasfook

Oh look, it's the Guardian and they're being negative about Brexit. What a surprise. One of these days I am expecting some kind of "Brexit Ate My Hamster" headline from them.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 9:50]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Thanks Liz on 09:55 - Jan 31 with 3716 viewsnoggin

Thanks Liz on 09:50 - Jan 31 by blueasfook

Oh look, it's the Guardian and they're being negative about Brexit. What a surprise. One of these days I am expecting some kind of "Brexit Ate My Hamster" headline from them.

I know right? It's almost like they're deliberately denying the evidence that Brexit has been a huge success.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Thanks Liz on 09:58 - Jan 31 with 3693 viewsBarcaBlue

Oh look, somebody who has no idea what they are talking about. What a surprise. I'm expecting some kind of list of benefits of Brexit from you, go on let's have the full rundown of positives.
Thanks Liz on 10:00 - Jan 31 with 3690 viewsStokieBlue

Did you take the time to read the article?

Any thoughts on it past ad-hominem attacks on the source?

Any thoughts on our economy shrinking whilst the Russian economy is growing under heavy sanctions?

SB

Thanks Liz on 10:04 - Jan 31 with 3639 viewsSteve_M

Thanks Liz on 08:33 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

I saw one comment earlier which referred to the mania for tax cuts as a 'cargo cult' which seems about right.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Thanks Liz on 10:09 - Jan 31 with 3613 viewsblueasfook

Thanks Liz on 10:00 - Jan 31 by StokieBlue

Any thoughts on our economy shrinking whilst the Russian economy is growing under heavy sanctions?

SB

Did you watch Newsnight last night? There was an interesting debate on Brexit. I think the main issue has been the lack of new trade deals agreed. Tories are guilty for that. Once we do our trade deals with various other countries then things should be better. Sadly the tories have been too busy infighting and done sod all about where Britain goes next after Brexit.

Thanks Liz on 10:16 - Jan 31 with 3591 viewsStokieBlue

Thanks Liz on 10:09 - Jan 31 by blueasfook

Did you watch Newsnight last night? There was an interesting debate on Brexit. I think the main issue has been the lack of new trade deals agreed. Tories are guilty for that. Once we do our trade deals with various other countries then things should be better. Sadly the tories have been too busy infighting and done sod all about where Britain goes next after Brexit.

The article doesn't mention brexit once so I can only assume you haven't bothered to read it before replying.

I didn't see Newsnight last night so I can't comment on the segment but brexit has been a disaster. Why would we get good trade deals given our bargaining power had greatly deceased being outside a large block? It was never realistic, it was a Tory lie from the start.

Still waiting on that 350m a week for the NHS as well.

SB

Thanks Liz on 10:38 - Jan 31 with 3480 viewsBlueNomad

Thanks Liz on 10:16 - Jan 31 by StokieBlue

The article doesn't mention brexit once so I can only assume you haven't bothered to read it before replying.

I didn't see Newsnight last night so I can't comment on the segment but brexit has been a disaster. Why would we get good trade deals given our bargaining power had greatly deceased being outside a large block? It was never realistic, it was a Tory lie from the start.

SB

Stokie - do you mean to say you haven't heard that they start work on Steeple Bumstead University Hospital next week??? Don't ever say that £350m pw was a lie!
Thanks Liz on 10:44 - Jan 31 with 3440 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Thanks Liz on 10:00 - Jan 31 by StokieBlue

SB

Blueas doesn't have any thoughts beyond trolling.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Thanks Liz on 10:49 - Jan 31 with 3417 viewsblueasfook

Thanks Liz on 10:16 - Jan 31 by StokieBlue

SB

No, but the usual knee jerk reaction is to blame it all on Brexit isn't it? As evidenced on this thread. Brexit has given us new oppportunities to forge our own deals with various countries around the world. The failure has not been in leaving the EU but in being slow capitalising on the opportunities it has given us.

Of course, we are never going to agree. The naysayers will just trot out the old "We must rejoin the EU sob sob, and be told what to do by Brussels again" line.

Thanks Liz on 10:49 - Jan 31 with 3413 viewsblueasfook

Thanks Liz on 10:44 - Jan 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

Blueas doesn't have any thoughts beyond trolling.

Shhh now, adults are talking.

Thanks Liz on 10:54 - Jan 31 with 3390 viewsStokieBlue

Thanks Liz on 10:49 - Jan 31 by blueasfook

No, but the usual knee jerk reaction is to blame it all on Brexit isn't it? As evidenced on this thread. Brexit has given us new oppportunities to forge our own deals with various countries around the world. The failure has not been in leaving the EU but in being slow capitalising on the opportunities it has given us.

Of course, we are never going to agree. The naysayers will just trot out the old "We must rejoin the EU sob sob, and be told what to do by Brussels again" line.

Have you considered that rather than being slow to capitalise that the opportunities don't actually exist?

We were never told what to do by Brussels, these arguments were tired years ago. If anything we had the best deal of anyone in the EU with our rebate and the ability to use and control our own currency.

SB

Thanks Liz on 10:55 - Jan 31 with 3378 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"Brexit has given us new oppportunities to forge our own deals with various countries around the world."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Thanks Liz on 10:56 - Jan 31 with 3369 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shhh now, adults are talking.

If your posts on here are an example of "adults talking" god help us.

Thanks Liz on 10:59 - Jan 31 with 3351 viewsDarth_Koont

Thanks Liz on 10:54 - Jan 31 by StokieBlue

Have you considered that rather than being slow to capitalise that the opportunities don't actually exist?

We were never told what to do by Brussels, these arguments were tired years ago. If anything we had the best deal of anyone in the EU with our rebate and the ability to use and control our own currency.

SB

And we threw it all away for little more than the careers of a handful of opportunist politicians and their self-interested disaster capitalist backers.

Pronouns: He/Him

Thanks Liz on 11:08 - Jan 31 with 3325 viewsblueasfook

Thanks Liz on 10:55 - Jan 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

"Brexit has given us new oppportunities to forge our own deals with various countries around the world."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Please explain why you find that statement funny? We weren't allowed to do our own trade deals as part of the EU trading bloc. Now we are allowed. Do you need it explaining further? I will go fetch some apples and oranges if so.

Thanks Liz on 11:23 - Jan 31 with 3235 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Thanks Liz on 11:08 - Jan 31 by blueasfook

Please explain why you find that statement funny? We weren't allowed to do our own trade deals as part of the EU trading bloc. Now we are allowed. Do you need it explaining further? I will go fetch some apples and oranges if so.

As Stokie says above, what are these opportunities? Where?

Anyway, I'm not getting into this as I know you're only trolling (again).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024