Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bookies taking no chances with us tonight 14:58 - Jan 24 with 1922 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My firm go 1/7 Town.

5/1 the draw and 12/1 Morecambe for the pessimists amongst you.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:03 - Jan 24 with 1873 viewsCraigIT

Easy win for us, 4-0
Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:03 - Jan 24 with 1877 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not surprised by much with the bookies but have to say 1/4 for us to go up with Plymouth at 8/11 is just odd.

I doubt this is weight of money as not even Town fans are fully believing at this point. The underlying stats must show we should be doing a lot better than we are if they are being this cautious with us.

Of course it could just be balancing the book from the summer but i've never seen us at a price I thought would attract a lot of money.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:07 - Jan 24 with 1846 viewsMcCall

5-0 tonight
Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:16 - Jan 24 with 1780 viewsportmanking

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:03 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

I'm not surprised by much with the bookies but have to say 1/4 for us to go up with Plymouth at 8/11 is just odd.

I doubt this is weight of money as not even Town fans are fully believing at this point. The underlying stats must show we should be doing a lot better than we are if they are being this cautious with us.

Of course it could just be balancing the book from the summer but i've never seen us at a price I thought would attract a lot of money.

We created 6 'big chances' in the Oxford game alone. Some League 1 teams don't create 6 'big chances' in 6 matches, let alone one game. Even if we can up our conversion rate by 50% we would start to take huge pressure off our backline.
Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:17 - Jan 24 with 1771 viewssuffolkpoker

3-0 with Hirst's first goal

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:31 - Jan 24 with 1679 viewsJ2BLUE

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:07 - Jan 24 by McCall

5-0 tonight

People need to be patient. They would see a point as a great result building on the wins they have had. They will sit back.

People need to be more realistic. The last thing we need is the crowd getting restless.

We just need one more goal than them at the final whistle. We might hammer them but it's very unlikely they will look to cross the halfway line.

Truly impaired.

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:36 - Jan 24 with 1642 viewsitfcjoe

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:03 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

I've had a look at Expected Points tables for all 4 English league, and our xP basically shows us as 10 points clear with a record of P26 W20 D4 L2 Pts64

Over the 4 divisions, our xP/game is so high that we are far ahead of anyone in the EFL; there are 9 of the 92 at 2 xp/game or higher

9 teams above 2xP per game...

1 - Arsenal - 2.5
2 - Man City - 2.47
3 - ITFC - 2.46
4 - Stevenage - 2.16
5= - Middlesbrough - 2.11
5= - WBA - 2.11
7 - Sheff Weds - 2.08
8= - Brighton - 2.00
8= - Sheffield United - 2.00

So the stats make us look like, and therefore the bookies treat us, as though we are the Man City of the league - and it will only be the money lines that move this as we get closer to kick off

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:45 - Jan 24 with 1580 viewsJ2BLUE

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:36 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

I've had a look at Expected Points tables for all 4 English league, and our xP basically shows us as 10 points clear with a record of P26 W20 D4 L2 Pts64

Over the 4 divisions, our xP/game is so high that we are far ahead of anyone in the EFL; there are 9 of the 92 at 2 xp/game or higher

1 - Arsenal - 2.5
2 - Man City - 2.47
3 - ITFC - 2.46
4 - Stevenage - 2.16
5= - WBA - 2.11
7 - Sheff Weds - 2.08
8= - Brighton - 2.00

So the stats make us look like, and therefore the bookies treat us, as though we are the Man City of the league - and it will only be the money lines that move this as we get closer to kick off

Cheers for that, it's interesting and explains why they have Plymouth as most likely to miss out. 8/11 seems generous on them though, I have to say.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:54 - Jan 24 with 1547 viewsWickets

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:31 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

People need to be patient. They would see a point as a great result building on the wins they have had. They will sit back.

People need to be more realistic. The last thing we need is the crowd getting restless.

We just need one more goal than them at the final whistle. We might hammer them but it's very unlikely they will look to cross the halfway line.

Yes we all know what sort of game to expect . Hopefully we come out of the traps the sort of thing we have not done recently .
Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 16:03 - Jan 24 with 1514 viewsportmanking

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:36 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

1 - Arsenal - 2.5
2 - Man City - 2.47
3 - ITFC - 2.46
4 - Stevenage - 2.16
5= - WBA - 2.11
7 - Sheff Weds - 2.08
8= - Brighton - 2.00

That's actually sickening to see, it really is.

Only we could have that xP/game and still find ourselves 10 points adrift of top spot.
Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 16:29 - Jan 24 with 1395 viewsclive_baker

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:31 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Yep. It's a Derek Adams team fighting for their lives, away from home to a side many regard as the most dangerous in the league. They'll sh1thouse their way through it and do what they need to do.

Have to say I do really rate Adams as a manager, his record is excellent (perhaps Bradford aside where they drew too many). Getting Morecambe into L1 was a hell of an achievement for a side tipped for relegation from L2 and to go back there and keep them up was also impressive. They're making a good fist of staying there once again. Tiny budget and very basic resources compared to us, we're probably 2 maybe 3 leagues apart in that respect.

Hopefully we can get some joy early.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 16:38 - Jan 24 with 1338 viewshomer_123

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 16:29 - Jan 24 by clive_baker

Yep. It's a Derek Adams team fighting for their lives, away from home to a side many regard as the most dangerous in the league. They'll sh1thouse their way through it and do what they need to do.

Have to say I do really rate Adams as a manager, his record is excellent (perhaps Bradford aside where they drew too many). Getting Morecambe into L1 was a hell of an achievement for a side tipped for relegation from L2 and to go back there and keep them up was also impressive. They're making a good fist of staying there once again. Tiny budget and very basic resources compared to us, we're probably 2 maybe 3 leagues apart in that respect.

Hopefully we can get some joy early.

'sh1thouse' - I really don't see why people get riled by this and it's a derogatory term, that's not really reflective of the opposition.

Gamesmanship etc. is part of 'all' sport and rightly so, regardless of whether you are the underdog or the favorite, you look for different ways of gaining an edge to get the result you want.

If they come and sit, a bit of gamesmanship, timewasting etc. good for them. Why on earth anyone would expect anything less is beyond me. Do people expect them to come here and play an open and expansive game?

You'd expect them to make sure the game doesn't flow, the try and get at the ref etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 16:47 - Jan 24 with 1308 viewsmathiemagic

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 15:03 - Jan 24 by CraigIT

Easy win for us, 4-0

I am expecting another tough one especially as they come into this one with three wins on the bounce and nine goals in the bag. Wont be easy.

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 16:51 - Jan 24 with 1294 viewsPerublue

Just out of interest do you recall the odds for the Aberdeen match ?

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 17:20 - Jan 24 with 1180 viewsCityBlue

so bet big on Morecambe and if we lose you can feel happy that you made some money

I T I D

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 18:13 - Jan 24 with 1060 viewsclive_baker

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 16:38 - Jan 24 by homer_123

'sh1thouse' - I really don't see why people get riled by this and it's a derogatory term, that's not really reflective of the opposition.

Gamesmanship etc. is part of 'all' sport and rightly so, regardless of whether you are the underdog or the favorite, you look for different ways of gaining an edge to get the result you want.

If they come and sit, a bit of gamesmanship, timewasting etc. good for them. Why on earth anyone would expect anything less is beyond me. Do people expect them to come here and play an open and expansive game?

You'd expect them to make sure the game doesn't flow, the try and get at the ref etc.

There are levels. I’ve never understood why people take exception to tactical approaches, if they want to put 11 men behind the ball good on them. All clubs have been in a position where they’re the ones doing it to some extent and ones up against that. Or when sides are particularly physical, if it’s within the rules then good on them. Plus football would be boring if every side had the same style and approach. Where I draw the line is excessive timewasting and I don’t think refs do enough about it. We see it far too often.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 19:13 - Jan 24 with 865 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bookies taking no chances with us tonight on 16:51 - Jan 24 by Perublue

Just out of interest do you recall the odds for the Aberdeen match ?

More horse racing and dogs is my area.

I just sometimes on the system have a look at markets for other sports of my own interest. Believe they were something like 1/25 though.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024