Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why the negativity ?!?! 15:42 - Jan 22 with 1708 viewstobymeadz91

Afternoon all..

I have to say reading the posts after the last few games, albeit disappointing results, have been outrageous …

People calling for the managers head, people calling out our best players, challenging MCK tactics even calls for Ashton to go if we don’t get promoted!!!

Think we all need to remember how far we have come and the fantastic footy we play and at the end of the day MCK and everyone at the footy club will want the same as us, to get promoted.

Can’t wait to start turning things around on Tues and hope everybody is positive for the team..
Why the negativity ?!?! on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 1643 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Are you mixing this up with Facebook or twitter?

I've not seen any posts here calling for KM or Ashton to go.

Posts raising some questions? Yes, and that's fine. But not asking for sackings. Wrong forum.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why the negativity ?!?! on 16:09 - Jan 22 with 1570 viewsbobbyramsey

“How far we’ve come”

Yes, we have come a long way, we were in the Championship not so long ago…….
Why the negativity ?!?! on 16:14 - Jan 22 with 1527 viewsBigCommon

Agree with your sentiment mate...Don't think Ive seen any posters on here actually calling for heads to roll..But seen the usual doomers planting seeds in that direction...
They tend to load the gun and ask others to fire it, with their replies.

Plus there are some who have grown up entirely in a "throw away society". Where the answer has always been, bin it and get a new one.
It's sad to witness, tbf.
Why the negativity ?!?! on 16:18 - Jan 22 with 1511 viewsChurchman

Why the negativity ?!?! on 15:53 - Jan 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Posts raising some questions? Yes, and that's fine. But not asking for sackings. Wrong forum.

Agreed. I’ve not seen anybody calling for McKenna’s or Ashton’s head on here. Most people are rightly very supportive of what’s been happening with the club and of KM.

The last 11 games are 3 wins, 6 draws, 2 losses. That number of games is not a blip. It is mid table form. Given we are falling away from the top two, of course people will ask questions because we all want us to get out of this dreadful division.

Nothing wrong with that.
Why the negativity ?!?! on 16:30 - Jan 22 with 1428 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is why: https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:6/type:

But yes, the overreacting has been quite funny. Hopefully we can stop the brainfarts infront of goal and things will pick up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why the negativity ?!?! on 16:48 - Jan 22 with 1327 viewsmattyhollandsirish

We all hope things start turning on Tuesday, but I can confidently say Tuesday night's atmosphere will be flat as a pancake and thats somewhat understandable given the way our season appears to be falling apart.

Its on the players now to step up and give us something to cheer about.
Why the negativity ?!?! on 17:09 - Jan 22 with 1242 viewsJDB23

Yes we’ve come a very long way. We’ve spent millions of pounds to now look a worse team than a Plymouth side who were in league 2 a few seasons ago and Derby who started preseason with their head chef playing centre forward.

I jest but there are genuine reasons to be unhappy with where we are right now and the constant need to shut down any negativity is pretty tiring.
Why the negativity ?!?! on 17:20 - Jan 22 with 1171 viewsGarv

Why the negativity ?!?! on 16:09 - Jan 22 by bobbyramsey

“How far we’ve come”

Not so long ago? Realistically this time four years ago we were already a L1 side. It's been a while now.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Why the negativity ?!?! on 17:22 - Jan 22 with 1153 viewsMullet

Why the negativity ?!?! on 16:09 - Jan 22 by bobbyramsey

“How far we’ve come”

Although if you look at McKenna in isolation just league position alone is vastly improved. We were what 11th and a few points off 6th? Now we are unlikely to fail to make the playoffs.

Of course top two is what counts, but backdooring it via Wembley won't matter either. It's the anxiety between now and then that needs managing way more than the team do.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why the negativity ?!?! on 17:27 - Jan 22 with 1132 viewsFrimleyBlue

Probably coz we've spent 10 mill. We've had 3 transfer windows and current manager can't get a run of wins together to keep up a promotion bid despite having everything he wants to succeed.

Now needs another 6/7 games to get players to gel apparently. And we have next season to look forward to.

It's just another lambert season but with actual money spent making it even more of a failure than he ended up having.

But the funniest part is. The most vocal in the past 2 seasons who belittled anyone who kept patient and showed trust in a manager... are now the ones moaning about negative thoughts. It's brilliant.

In a nutshell.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why the negativity ?!?! on 17:29 - Jan 22 with 1115 viewsHARRY10

Why the negativity ?!?! on 15:53 - Jan 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

There's two things yu can usually count on if we lose. One of the founcy boys makes an appearance, shrieking about those making any form of critical comment as 'flouncing'

And others claiming that supporters are demanding everyone is sacked. Claims that there are demands we need to be rid of XYZ player and that spme are staing that the end is nigh.

It is much the same as the weather. A bit of snow and out come the media with whiney talk of how Britain is not prepared. it s as if it is already written.

We do not get regular snow as in parts of Scandinavia. It would be foolish to spend tens of millions preparing for something that is unlikely to happen (shame we don't spend on what will happen, some might say)

Our current malaise is not something that only affects our club. Who would have Liverpol where they are noqw (nevermkind their neighbours. Chelsea for all the millions are struggling, by their standards.

Such is football, and such is twtd - not sure I would want either any other way, to be honest
Why the negativity ?!?! on 17:32 - Jan 22 with 1088 viewsDyland

Why the negativity ?!?! on 17:27 - Jan 22 by FrimleyBlue

Probably coz we've spent 10 mill. We've had 3 transfer windows and current manager can't get a run of wins together to keep up a promotion bid despite having everything he wants to succeed.

Now needs another 6/7 games to get players to gel apparently. And we have next season to look forward to.

It's just another lambert season but with actual money spent making it even more of a failure than he ended up having.

But the funniest part is. The most vocal in the past 2 seasons who belittled anyone who kept patient and showed trust in a manager... are now the ones moaning about negative thoughts. It's brilliant.

In a nutshell.

"The most vocal in the past 2 seasons who belittled anyone who kept patient and showed trust in a manager... are now the ones moaning about negative thoughts."

Who? Genuinely, who are these posters? Are you referring to Cook? And your questions about McKenna are rooted in you wanting Cook to have had more time...? I'm asking because I don't know, this isn't sarcasm dressed up as rhetorical questions.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Why the negativity ?!?! on 18:08 - Jan 22 with 923 viewstextbackup

last 11 games

W 3
D 6 <----------- i think ive found the issue
L 2

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024