Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. 21:39 - Jan 19 with 5422 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I can understand why other teams don't like us!!

£1m Davis.
£600k Harness.
£500k Camara.
£1.5m Broadhead.
£1.0m Clarke.
£300k Ahadme.

Plus decent loan fee for Hirst and John Jules I would think.

Dont get me wrong, its good to see the investment, and on the face of it there should be some good upside to Davis, Broadhead and Clarke. They should also be very capable of the step up to the Championship if we make it.

The recruitment reminds me of the Burley days.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 21:49 - Jan 19 with 4360 viewsMillsey

😞
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:03 - Jan 19 with 4209 viewsMullet

After the poverty and drift of Evans and watching him hide behind decent men like Mick whilst so many others spent and cheated their way up as we withered, fcuk 'em all. It's our time innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:10 - Jan 19 with 4135 viewsSuperblue95

Must admit I’m not particularly comfortable with how much we are attempting to buy promotion, particularly as it’s at League One level and have a very real chance of only making the play offs.

That said, given how much misery we’ve had to endure for my entire time as a town fan, if anybody deserves to buy their way to some success it’s us.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:12 - Jan 19 with 4087 viewsStewart27

Ahadme and Camara looks terrible business at the moment. Davis and Harness decent. Hopefully the same for Broadhead and Clarke.
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:15 - Jan 19 with 4025 viewsitfcsuth

We’ve endured enough time of bottom of the barrel buying.

It’s a serious amount of money, there is no doubt about that - but it isn’t wild spending, there seems to be structure to our recruitment - there are profiles of players we are recruiting and most importantly we’ve built a well balanced and in depth group of good quality players.
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:17 - Jan 19 with 4004 viewsCoastalblue

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:12 - Jan 19 by Stewart27

Ahadme and Camara looks terrible business at the moment. Davis and Harness decent. Hopefully the same for Broadhead and Clarke.

Can't see that with regards to Camara, looked quality before he joined us and the fact he has had injury problems is nobody's fault. He could be a real asset regardless of what division we are in next season.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:19 - Jan 19 with 3975 viewsRIPbobby

He looks really good in the show reels. Maybe he is the most important signing. Fantastic.
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:20 - Jan 19 with 3976 viewsBigCommon

Still think this season has been part of the rebuild after last years clear out..
Real , hasty, scattergun approach last season, imo, just to get some bodies in. Looking back, although it was exciting to see all the new names. It would have needed a miracle for that to come off..
This time round, Ahadme aside, which was a bit of a weird one, most likely a last ditch stop gap. The other signings all look like they are hand picked for purpose, as much as they can be...
We're playing catch up with a few teams that are 2 or 3 years into their projects. Teams that have had the main spines of their squads and their playing identity in place, already.
The price tags, imo, suggest we are now able to go for quality over quantity, unlike last season...
I'm not sure whether other team's fans don't like us, so much, as they feel like they are getting left behind a bit. Little bit jealous and little bit resentful about their own plight (we know what that's like) A realisation, that in order to get out of this League. They will either have to spend, which most of them can't do, or get very lucky with their own recruitment/loans... As mentioned on another post , earlier. Those that get lucky with their loans in L1. Will not be best set to cope with Championship and could well struggle or even go straight down.. We, on the other hand. Are wisely putting some serious medium term blocks in place. Which comes at a cost. But a much smaller cost, whilst in L1..
Login to get fewer ads

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:22 - Jan 19 with 3968 viewsIllinoisblue

Thought it was telling after the Wycombe game, their ageing rockstar boss had a dig at us saying he’d never seen a team bring so many coaches and equipment with them. I get it, and if was a small team boss I’d adopt a similar attitude. But, fk all of them, fk their s5itty grounds, fk their 79 fan away followings. Fk all of it. It’s time for us to move on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:31 - Jan 19 with 3783 viewsFrimleyBlue

People won't like it. But there is serious serious pressure on KM and Ashton to get us up.

I think we're 2 away. 1 further CM and one to compete on that right side and we'll be on our way.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:40 - Jan 19 with 3700 viewsBlueNomad

29,000 people like us………
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:45 - Jan 19 with 3658 viewsX0Y0

Clearly a material investment, but fans of other teams probably won't have noticed the additional commercial revenue the club is generating. In part we are reaping the rewards from building back the fanbase.

From rough estimates, our attendance it is >4.2k above the previous season average (transfermarkt.com). At c.£20 per ticket, for 23 home games, that's £2m of additional revenue alone without including merchandise, iFollow, cup and away games etc.
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 23:02 - Jan 19 with 3502 viewsExiled2Surrey

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:20 - Jan 19 by BigCommon

Still think this season has been part of the rebuild after last years clear out..
Real , hasty, scattergun approach last season, imo, just to get some bodies in. Looking back, although it was exciting to see all the new names. It would have needed a miracle for that to come off..
This time round, Ahadme aside, which was a bit of a weird one, most likely a last ditch stop gap. The other signings all look like they are hand picked for purpose, as much as they can be...
We're playing catch up with a few teams that are 2 or 3 years into their projects. Teams that have had the main spines of their squads and their playing identity in place, already.
The price tags, imo, suggest we are now able to go for quality over quantity, unlike last season...
I'm not sure whether other team's fans don't like us, so much, as they feel like they are getting left behind a bit. Little bit jealous and little bit resentful about their own plight (we know what that's like) A realisation, that in order to get out of this League. They will either have to spend, which most of them can't do, or get very lucky with their own recruitment/loans... As mentioned on another post , earlier. Those that get lucky with their loans in L1. Will not be best set to cope with Championship and could well struggle or even go straight down.. We, on the other hand. Are wisely putting some serious medium term blocks in place. Which comes at a cost. But a much smaller cost, whilst in L1..

I think it’s interesting that of the teams that went up last season, the automatically promoted sides have both largely the same personnel as in the league one campaign and are really struggling, while Sunderland, who perhaps had a larger change of personnel, are going pretty well. I am not sure that proves anything as I think that it is more that Wigan and Rotherham are simply really well set up to play efficient league one rather than championship football, but I suspect we will have significant additional work to do with the squad WHEN we go up.
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 23:28 - Jan 19 with 3359 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:45 - Jan 19 by X0Y0

Clearly a material investment, but fans of other teams probably won't have noticed the additional commercial revenue the club is generating. In part we are reaping the rewards from building back the fanbase.

From rough estimates, our attendance it is >4.2k above the previous season average (transfermarkt.com). At c.£20 per ticket, for 23 home games, that's £2m of additional revenue alone without including merchandise, iFollow, cup and away games etc.

£2m in revenue, not profit.

Either way, it's interesting to be a fan of a well invested club for a change.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 00:17 - Jan 20 with 3165 viewsX0Y0

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 23:28 - Jan 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

£2m in revenue, not profit.

Either way, it's interesting to be a fan of a well invested club for a change.

Of course, though the margin on incremental ticket sales should be very high. And as mentioned that's not accounting for ancilliary income.

It will be interesting to see the change in revenue for the club since Gamechanger completed the takeover.
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 00:31 - Jan 20 with 3132 viewscharlie1

You could rightfully argue that we ‘bought’ our way into this division in the first place by allowing Hurst to sell a competitive Championship team, who he replaced with a more expensive (relative to the sale price of the team he dismantled) but clearly inferior team.

Then Cook was allowed to do pretty much the same only a few years later, the difference being he bought largely good players but didn’t know how to get them to play together.

I’m just grateful that for once, rather than throw money at inept managers (Keane included), we finally loosened the purse strings for a manager who was able to turn an underperforming team around, and create a very solid tactical base first and now needs players to enhance, rather than excuse, the performance of his team.
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 02:27 - Jan 20 with 2994 viewsWestcountryblue

The owners have backed Ashton and McKenna.

We really need to go on a long run of wins now and start putting teams to sword when we take the lead in matches.

All eyes on McKenna and his team now as we have an embarrassment of riches in our squad.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 4:36]
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 07:30 - Jan 20 with 2595 viewsCaptainAhab

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:10 - Jan 19 by Superblue95

Must admit I’m not particularly comfortable with how much we are attempting to buy promotion, particularly as it’s at League One level and have a very real chance of only making the play offs.

That said, given how much misery we’ve had to endure for my entire time as a town fan, if anybody deserves to buy their way to some success it’s us.

Doesn't seem like buying our way out of this league to me. That would surely be buying up grizzled old pros to do a job this season with no thought beyond that. Our transfer business seems much more like building for the future and eminently sensible whichever Division we're in next season.
Hopefully we've built a squad that will compete in the championship next season.
If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 07:47 - Jan 20 with 2506 viewstextbackup

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:31 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

People won't like it. But there is serious serious pressure on KM and Ashton to get us up.

I think we're 2 away. 1 further CM and one to compete on that right side and we'll be on our way.

pressure on Ashton? hes delivered the manager a collection of quality footballers.... in that regard the pressure is off him IMO

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 07:50 - Jan 20 with 2481 viewsCityBlue

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:10 - Jan 19 by Superblue95

I would suggest he is building a team that will be competitive in the Championship with a mix of fringe players to help the push to promotion

I T I D

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 08:24 - Jan 20 with 2368 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 07:50 - Jan 20 by CityBlue

I would suggest he is building a team that will be competitive in the Championship with a mix of fringe players to help the push to promotion

Thats how it looks to me too. We're signing players with one eye on Championship top 6.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 08:38 - Jan 20 with 2328 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't think we can complain too much about the 'Chequebook FC' tag right now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 08:41 - Jan 20 with 2309 viewsitfcjoe

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 07:50 - Jan 20 by CityBlue

It will need to be as if (when!) we go up this season we actually have to deal with a smaller squad next season - in the Champ you have to register keepers and U21 loans go towards tour squad limit of 25 - so we won't have a massive amount of room to manoeuvre in the summer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 08:43 - Jan 20 with 2282 viewschicoazul

We’re owed a bunch of money from Swansea too so it’s probably not a nett spend that high.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 08:51 - Jan 20 with 2225 viewsxrayspecs

If we get Clarke in, thats c.£4.5+m in transfer fees paid out this season. on 22:20 - Jan 19 by BigCommon

KM has recruited 14 of the first team outfield squad since he joined, including Humphreys, who KM has sanctioned a new long term deal. It is becoming his squad.

Davis
Leigh
Keogh
Clarke

Luongo
Humphreys
Ball
Camara

Harness
Broadhead

Ladapo
Hirst
TJJ
Ahadme

I think both Ahadme and Camara could both come good here. Ahadme is raw and will benefit from game time (elsewhere). Camara was a class act in this league, so we just need to get him fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024