Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday's good run 14:24 - Jan 17 with 4737 viewsGuthrum

Since they last lost a game (Plymouth A on 4th October), they are W9 D5.

Against those same teams (bearing in mind they've played Cambridge twice, as we have with the rather trickier Lincoln), Town are W9 D3 L2. Just 2 points difference.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 14:37 - Jan 17 with 4093 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lovely

The problem is tho in the last 10 games they've got 24 points and we got 15.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 14:54 - Jan 17 with 4004 viewsStewart27

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 14:37 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

Lovely

Surprise surprise you’ve framed it as the exact period of time where Wednesday have been at their most superior against us.

Zzzzzzz.

We are in an automatic promotion race and you try and pour cold water over it every given opportunity.
Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:16 - Jan 17 with 3842 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 14:54 - Jan 17 by Stewart27

Surprise surprise you’ve framed it as the exact period of time where Wednesday have been at their most superior against us.

Zzzzzzz.

We are in an automatic promotion race and you try and pour cold water over it every given opportunity.

Sorry but that's how counter points work.

What ever time frame you go. We're behind.

6 games it's 14 to 9 points.
10 games it 24 to 14 points.
15 games it's 32 to 27
20 games it's 42 to 37
26 games it's 55 to 51

Comparing fixtures I don't personally feel its worth doing as teams play us differently to others including those above and those above us play differently against others than we do.

Waka waka eh eh

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:23 - Jan 17 with 3812 viewshomer_123

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:16 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

15 games it's 32 to 27
20 games it's 42 to 37
26 games it's 55 to 51

Comparing fixtures I don't personally feel its worth doing as teams play us differently to others including those above and those above us play differently against others than we do.

4 points, that's disastrous.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 15:23]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:32 - Jan 17 with 3735 viewsBiGDonnie

Lovely

You don't help yourself do you.

Jump onto the Plymouth or Wednesday boards, you can wax lyrical about either of those sides without the backlash.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:33 - Jan 17 with 3724 viewsdavblue

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:23 - Jan 17 by homer_123

4 points, that's disastrous.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 15:23]

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bring back Cookie, we should be top of the league, in the Coca Cola cup semi's, we're worse than last year.
Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:42 - Jan 17 with 3654 viewsJ2BLUE

The difference between us is they have won 2 games where we have drawn. That's it.

20 games to go and some people are giving up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:45 - Jan 17 with 3591 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:32 - Jan 17 by BiGDonnie

You don't help yourself do you.

Jump onto the Plymouth or Wednesday boards, you can wax lyrical about either of those sides without the backlash.

Well he mentioned about the time frame used so just covered all of them to keep him happy.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:46 - Jan 17 with 3602 viewsStewart27

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:16 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

15 games it's 32 to 27
20 games it's 42 to 37
26 games it's 55 to 51

Don’t follow your points thing.

Have we always been the team ahead on points except for the last 6 games? Ie we’ve gone from
42 to 51 and Wednesday from 37 to 55?

If this is the case then how were we behind in the other time frames?
Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:48 - Jan 17 with 3591 viewsGuthrum

Lovely

They've played teams with an average position of 14th, including Fleetwood (17th), Accrington (19th), Cambridge (21st) and Burton (23rd).

Average position of Town's ten opponents is 11.7, with only Fleetwood (17th) and Cheltenham (18th) from the bottom third of the table, plus the divisional leaders.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:48 - Jan 17 with 3587 viewshomer_123

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:42 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

The difference between us is they have won 2 games where we have drawn. That's it.

20 games to go and some people are giving up.

Small point of order J2.

Given up, not giving up.

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:51 - Jan 17 with 3548 viewsBiGDonnie

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:45 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

Well he mentioned about the time frame used so just covered all of them to keep him happy.

You only ever pop up with something negative to say.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:55 - Jan 17 with 3514 viewssuffolkpoker

We just need to put a run togther. Need 9+ points over the next 4 games to get close. Its a long season and surely all the teams will drop points.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:02 - Jan 17 with 3442 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:48 - Jan 17 by homer_123

Small point of order J2.

Given up, not giving up.

Very true.

Some are saying our team has a mentality problem and then as soon as we draw a game they are saying we will lose in the play offs.

I love this site and a lot of the posters on it but collectively there are some people absolutely determined not to let anyone enjoy supporting Town.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:22 - Jan 17 with 3296 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 15:51 - Jan 17 by BiGDonnie

You only ever pop up with something negative to say.

Depends if I agree with what the post is about Donnie.

Hey donnie. Remember me when you used to have a go when I posted positives under PC and showed positive thoughts on potential future fixtures etc. Yeah, strange how suddenly positivity only is allowed now.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 16:40]

Waka waka eh eh

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:32 - Jan 17 with 3227 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:02 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

Very true.

Some are saying our team has a mentality problem and then as soon as we draw a game they are saying we will lose in the play offs.

I love this site and a lot of the posters on it but collectively there are some people absolutely determined not to let anyone enjoy supporting Town.

J2 won't see this as he popped me on ignore whilst agreeing with a post of mine. But anyways..

It's not just 1 draw which changes a mindset. It's been a collective of results.

And also no one is trying to stop people enjoying supporting town. Enjoy it all you like. But accept that people aren't happy with how things currently stand after a promising start and the lapses in seeing out games is a big reason for alot of people not believing we would see through a play off campaign.

Oh and just to add. There's 20 games left. We ALL want town to get promoted. All of us. The positives. The negatives. The blubbers the happy clappers. But people just got to start understanding especially on this forum, it's a forum for people to share their views. Who gives a flying fk if its positive or negative. Agree with it or don't. It doesn't make you're life any different. It's a discussion board. Cheer up. Take it on the chin and counter the arguments till you can't argue anymore.

Waka waka eh eh

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:35 - Jan 17 with 3199 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:02 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

Very true.

Spot on.
Their heads would have exploded if they had been following Town in the 91/92 promotion winning season under John Lyall.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:41 - Jan 17 with 3134 viewsStewart27

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:32 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

J2 won't see this as he popped me on ignore whilst agreeing with a post of mine. But anyways..

It's not just 1 draw which changes a mindset. It's been a collective of results.

And also no one is trying to stop people enjoying supporting town. Enjoy it all you like. But accept that people aren't happy with how things currently stand after a promising start and the lapses in seeing out games is a big reason for alot of people not believing we would see through a play off campaign.

Oh and just to add. There's 20 games left. We ALL want town to get promoted. All of us. The positives. The negatives. The blubbers the happy clappers. But people just got to start understanding especially on this forum, it's a forum for people to share their views. Who gives a flying fk if its positive or negative. Agree with it or don't. It doesn't make you're life any different. It's a discussion board. Cheer up. Take it on the chin and counter the arguments till you can't argue anymore.

To be honest I reckon only about 5% of members see your posts.
Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:42 - Jan 17 with 3135 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:32 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

Just to put my twopeneth in to this thread and referring back to some of you other posts recently Frimmers , I can see how a lot of people would suggest your posts have been negative .I'm not quite sure whether you say they are or are not but what I would say is either way , for me personally considering you're on this forum quite a lot , I'd quite like to see some belief from you and others.

Yeah it's been a tough few weeks but we're still in with a shout .. we really are

There was a thread yesterday about anxiety in the crowd and how it effects the players .... well let's practise what we preach and show some belief please because for me , this is getting really tiresome .

BTW _ I'm all for an alternative viewpoint absolutely but sometimes as a supporter of a football club for the last 50 years , I want to see some belief and fight

It's like we've given up sometimes

BELIEVE !!!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:44 - Jan 17 with 3095 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:41 - Jan 17 by Stewart27

To be honest I reckon only about 5% of members see your posts.

Possibly 2%

Waka waka eh eh

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 18:42 - Jan 17 with 2731 viewshomer_123

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 16:35 - Jan 17 by StochesStotasBlewe

Spot on.
Their heads would have exploded if they had been following Town in the 91/92 promotion winning season under John Lyall.

What about 81....when we 'only' won the UEFA Cup....awful season that.

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 19:20 - Jan 17 with 2591 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 18:42 - Jan 17 by homer_123

What about 81....when we 'only' won the UEFA Cup....awful season that.

Several heads exploded that season. Unforgivable.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 20:28 - Jan 17 with 2410 viewsWestSussexBlue

Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 14:54 - Jan 17 by Stewart27

Zzzzzzz.

To be fair he’s stating fact.
Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 04:28 - Jan 18 with 2021 viewsArchiRob

Spot on.

There was some great football that season and some really defensive teams Grimsby 0_0 they were they won a corner and passed back to their goalkeeper
Sheffield Wednesday's good run on 06:03 - Jan 18 with 1963 viewsRyorry

Spot on.

They'd have had 3 litters of kittens & at least 3 cardiac arrests first if they'd been following Town during SBR's first three full seasons!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024