Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shamima Begum 14:22 - Jan 11 with 7725 viewsblueasfook

Have to admit I used to be firmly in the "don't let her return to UK" camp but my view has since softened somewhat. I think she has been a victim of grooming (like many others who left to join ISIS) and also been made somewhat of a scapegoat by the UK govt.

I'd give her a break and let her come back now on balance I think.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Shamima Begum on 14:36 - Jan 11 with 4219 viewsitfcjoe

The new series of "I'm not a monster' podcast from BBC Sounds is out today and is about her, with interviews with her, so should be a really interesting listen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Shamima Begum on 14:36 - Jan 11 with 4229 viewsSpruceMoose

Nice to see you eventually agreed with Jeera, Stokie, Callis, Herbie, Seablue, Footers and myself!

#JustWokeThings

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shamima Begum on 14:38 - Jan 11 with 4217 viewsblueasfook

Shamima Begum on 14:36 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

The new series of "I'm not a monster' podcast from BBC Sounds is out today and is about her, with interviews with her, so should be a really interesting listen

Yes that's what got me thinking about her situation. I think she will return to the UK sooner or later. I am not even sure what the govt has done by removing her citizenship is completely legal

Shamima Begum on 14:38 - Jan 11 with 4190 viewsDJR

Shamima Begum on 14:36 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

Nice to see you eventually agreed with Jeera, Stokie, Callis, Herbie, Seablue, Footers and myself!

#JustWokeThings

I wasn't around when that debate took place, but add me to that list.
Shamima Begum on 14:40 - Jan 11 with 4170 viewsSpruceMoose

Shamima Begum on 14:38 - Jan 11 by DJR

Wanna join a 'Good Egg' Watsapp group?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Shamima Begum on 14:41 - Jan 11 with 4147 viewsJ2BLUE

I posted earlier I don't see how it helps her to do these things but obviously I might be wrong. Some of the quotes on BBC are concerning. Unless it's been taken out of context which it might have been.

No comment on her case, I don't know enough about the circumstances and don't care enough to find out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shamima Begum on 14:43 - Jan 11 with 4129 viewsdavblue

Shamima Begum on 14:38 - Jan 11 by blueasfook

Yes that's what got me thinking about her situation. I think she will return to the UK sooner or later. I am not even sure what the govt has done by removing her citizenship is completely legal

I would assume that the government position is it all an act, if they let her come back and something happened or she created some cell over here then the noise would be quite deafening for them.

I don't know a huge amount about it, just bits and pieces so i could be pretty wrong.
Shamima Begum on 14:47 - Jan 11 with 4080 viewsProjectBlueBean

Unlike the BBC to be involved in anyone who may have been groomed.
Login to get fewer ads

Shamima Begum on 14:49 - Jan 11 with 4062 viewsKeno

I'd sooner we allowed her back into the UK than Prince Harry
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 14:49]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Shamima Begum on 14:54 - Jan 11 with 4006 viewsDJR

Shamima Begum on 14:49 - Jan 11 by Keno

He's already been stripped of his British citizenship by Charles, so I think he'll struggle to get back too. Indeed, he may already have been found guilty of treason, so may well lose his head if he somehow manages to get into the country.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 14:55]
Shamima Begum on 14:56 - Jan 11 with 3997 viewsgtsb1966

Shamima Begum on 14:41 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

I posted earlier I don't see how it helps her to do these things but obviously I might be wrong. Some of the quotes on BBC are concerning. Unless it's been taken out of context which it might have been.

No comment on her case, I don't know enough about the circumstances and don't care enough to find out.

Her interview is a bit of a car crash in terms of trying to get the public on her side. She seems to try and deflect some of the blame, her regrets sound very hollow and she said when she joined she didn't care if she never came back. I would think her life would be in danger if she came back.
Shamima Begum on 15:05 - Jan 11 with 3922 viewsFtnfwest

Shamima Begum on 14:49 - Jan 11 by Keno

Don't worry she'll be back next year. The book trashing us all will be the year after no doubt and i can't wait for all the interviews.
Shamima Begum on 15:25 - Jan 11 with 3769 viewsleitrimblue

Shamima Begum on 14:38 - Jan 11 by DJR

Stay well away from that WhatsApp group DJR. It's just a list of commie troublemakers.Its no coincidence that most of um are banned. Also not sure why he's calling um good eggs when the only one of um that could even recognise a well cooked egg was Jeera.
Shamima Begum on 15:38 - Jan 11 with 3674 viewsblueasfook

Shamima Begum on 14:54 - Jan 11 by DJR

He's already been stripped of his British citizenship by Charles, so I think he'll struggle to get back too. Indeed, he may already have been found guilty of treason, so may well lose his head if he somehow manages to get into the country.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 14:55]

Meanwhile his nonce uncle walks free. No justice!

Shamima Begum on 15:54 - Jan 11 with 3559 viewsMattinLondon

Shamima Begum on 15:38 - Jan 11 by blueasfook

Meanwhile his nonce uncle walks free. No justice!

The same people who attack Harry for talking about his time in the army are the same people who had a massive hard-on when he said exactly the same about ten years ago.

Meanwhile, as you say, Randy Andy gets away with it daily.
Shamima Begum on 16:07 - Jan 11 with 3468 viewsSpruceMoose

Shamima Begum on 14:36 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

#JustWokeThings

Downvotes from Bloots and Zapers. Feels good to be recognised by the most iconic duo since Andy and Jeff.*

*Andy Cohen and Jeff Lewis, obviously.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 16:08]

That's 32 in a row now. (n/t) on 16:09 - Jan 11 with 3433 viewsBloots

Shamima Begum on 16:07 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

Downvotes from Bloots and Zapers. Feels good to be recognised by the most iconic duo since Andy and Jeff.*

*Andy Cohen and Jeff Lewis, obviously.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 16:08]

AKA - "Elite Pete"

That's 32 in a row now. (n/t) on 16:11 - Jan 11 with 3408 viewsSpruceMoose

That's 32 in a row now. (n/t) on 16:09 - Jan 11 by Bloots

Glad to see you keeping busy trying to put a dent in my 15k upvotes

33 (n/t) on 16:12 - Jan 11 with 3403 viewsBloots

That's 32 in a row now. (n/t) on 16:11 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Shamima Begum on 16:15 - Jan 11 with 3360 viewstractordownsouth

I think she should be brought back because she’s our problem to deal with.

If she’s back here she can be investigated and either co-operate or be punished if any crimes can be proved. If she’s a threat, sending her back to Syria where she won’t face justice isn’t going to make anyone safer and just pushes the problem onto somebody else. As usual it’s the people who shout loudest to deport foreign criminals who are the same ones who are furious at the idea of other countries sending our criminals back to us. It’s a two way street.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

That's 32 in a row now. (n/t) on 16:33 - Jan 11 with 3263 viewsblueasfook

That's 32 in a row now. (n/t) on 16:11 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

Yeah but 14998 of those are from your "gang"!

That's 32 in a row now. (n/t) on 16:49 - Jan 11 with 3207 viewsSpruceMoose

That's 32 in a row now. (n/t) on 16:33 - Jan 11 by blueasfook

Yeah but 14998 of those are from your "gang"!

Good point. Votes from those clever lads should be worth two points each!

Shamima Begum on 16:59 - Jan 11 with 3106 viewsHARRY10

Shamima Begum on 16:15 - Jan 11 by tractordownsouth

I think she should be brought back because she’s our problem to deal with.

If she’s back here she can be investigated and either co-operate or be punished if any crimes can be proved. If she’s a threat, sending her back to Syria where she won’t face justice isn’t going to make anyone safer and just pushes the problem onto somebody else. As usual it’s the people who shout loudest to deport foreign criminals who are the same ones who are furious at the idea of other countries sending our criminals back to us. It’s a two way street.

"and just pushes the problem onto somebody else"

Which looks to be what is happening. Politicians of all persuasions will see any return as stirring up trouble, irrespective of any legality.

i would be interested in why she and others thought they had a need to go to there originally. What was the cause that motivated them, albeit they were technically children at the time.

I suspect that 'greviance' is still there for many stuck in those camps. We either address that, or suffer the consequences when next some squabble over oil involves the Saudis and others firing up those, and other similar folk, with simplistic grudges.
Shamima Begum on 17:42 - Jan 11 with 2988 viewsGuthrum

Yes, provided there are safeguards (reasonable, not punitive) to make sure she doesn't get involved in similar activity again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Shamima Begum on 18:09 - Jan 11 with 2659 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shamima Begum is, and has always been a British subject. Regardless of whether people feel she was groomed or she is evil incarnate, she should be subject to British justice.

To strip her citizenship was wrong and sets a dangerous precedent. She is our problem.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 18:29]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024