Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? 17:58 - Jan 10 with 5831 viewsStewart27

Know it’s not always the preferred thing to do with players at new clubs. But now they’re here and seemingly ready to step in, do we think KM will do it?

There’s also the fact that Freddie had a good game Saturday.
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:05 - Jan 10 with 4695 viewscbower

No

bluescouser

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:09 - Jan 10 with 4646 viewsSheffordBlue

Good games haven't really stopped KMc from moving players from a starting to a finishing role if he thinks someone else has better attributes for particular game - I suspect the same will be true here.

As long as he feels they've intergrated enough into the style of play in training then could see one or both starting.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:11 - Jan 10 with 4631 viewsHorsham

I think I trust McKenna more than I do myself and it’ll have depend a lot on how much they pick up our patterns of play etc in training but apart from all that I’m going with yes…think it might be harder integrating them from the bench.
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:14 - Jan 10 with 4601 viewsPortman_Pie

I think the chance of McKenna changing the formation he has played for every minute of every game - with no plan b despite any of our striking options tends to suggest that we won’t see them both start.

Maybe, just maybe we might now have an option to play two up front if we’re 30 shots in on a game and still drawing 0-0 to one of the bottom 5 teams…. Who knows?
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:17 - Jan 10 with 4569 viewsNutkins_Return

They definitely both won't start (and when I say definitely I mean probably/in my opinion 😂).

I reckon:

Walton
Donacien Woolf Burgess Davis
Morsy Evans
Burns Aluko Chaplin
Ladapo

(Genuinely think he might surprise us and throw Humphreys in where Aluko is). Harness may also start or could see him throwing him on with Hirst (as linked up well at Pompey).
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:25 - Jan 10 with 4455 viewsDaninthecampo

Assuming training goes well, i think Broadhead may Start as a 10 with Hirst replacing Freddie second half
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:28 - Jan 10 with 4430 viewscressi

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:17 - Jan 10 by Nutkins_Return

They definitely both won't start (and when I say definitely I mean probably/in my opinion 😂).

I reckon:

Walton
Morsy Evans
Burns Aluko Chaplin
Ladapo

(Genuinely think he might surprise us and throw Humphreys in where Aluko is). Harness may also start or could see him throwing him on with Hirst (as linked up well at Pompey).

Personally I think Hirst will start on bench as Ladapo had a Decent game ,but believe Broadhead will still start love Aluko but think he will start on the bench as we need goals personally I believe we will spank them and still think one or two to come in thank god Evans has left our club
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:29 - Jan 10 with 4413 viewsStewart27

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:17 - Jan 10 by Nutkins_Return

I reckon:

Walton
Morsy Evans
Burns Aluko Chaplin
Ladapo

I like this a lot.

I actually wonder if he’ll surprise us with Humphreys too.

I think he’ll go with what you’ve said, but with Chaplin in the middle and Broadhead instead of Aluko.

Hurst from the bench second half.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:30 - Jan 10 with 4400 viewsBobsthename

Broadhead i would say yes get a start.
Bloke was playing Championship football last week he is more than capable.
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:34 - Jan 10 with 4367 viewsSheffordBlue

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:14 - Jan 10 by Portman_Pie

I think the chance of McKenna changing the formation he has played for every minute of every game - with no plan b despite any of our striking options tends to suggest that we won’t see them both start.

Maybe, just maybe we might now have an option to play two up front if we’re 30 shots in on a game and still drawing 0-0 to one of the bottom 5 teams…. Who knows?

Broadhead can play in one of the 10 roles as well as a main striker. Both starting on Saturday wouldn't necessitate a change in formation.

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:35 - Jan 10 with 4350 viewsDubtractor

I reckon:

Walton
Morsy Evans
Burns Aluko Chaplin
Ladapo

10/11 of that I'm certain will start.

There is a debate around Aluko or someone else though - I think more likely to be Harness, or perhaps a start for Broadhead.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 19:31 - Jan 10 with 3878 viewsBondiBlue

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:35 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

10/11 of that I'm certain will start.

There is a debate around Aluko or someone else though - I think more likely to be Harness, or perhaps a start for Broadhead.

It seems strange to be replacing a big summer signing (harness) with a bigger january signing but broadhead is obviously here to start games. I remember leif davis being played straight away at the start of the season because he was signed as a key player and mckenna wanted to start integrating him right away. Think that's what will happen here too. By that logic, hirst probably not, because he's only on loan, but as others have said it might depend on tactics.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 19:37 - Jan 10 with 3823 viewsGuthrum

IMO Broadhead very likely (inside forward), Hirst probably off the bench later.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 19:42 - Jan 10 with 3788 viewsGuthrum

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:34 - Jan 10 by SheffordBlue

Broadhead can play in one of the 10 roles as well as a main striker. Both starting on Saturday wouldn't necessitate a change in formation.

I think that's why Broadhead has been hired, because he can play that wider/supporting role.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 19:51 - Jan 10 with 3707 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Ladapo will start, with Chaplin and Broadhead in support.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 19:59 - Jan 10 with 3628 viewsjayessess

Good chance Broadhead does.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 20:03 - Jan 10 with 3609 viewsclive_baker

Personally I would have them both on the bench, I think it's a bit of an ask for them to start in such a big game with only a couple of days training with the group.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 20:18 - Jan 10 with 3492 viewsHipsterectomy

Davis started a few days after signing for us for Leeds after pre-season in Australia, didn't he?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 20:25 - Jan 10 with 3440 viewsSheffordBlue

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 19:42 - Jan 10 by Guthrum

I think that's why Broadhead has been hired, because he can play that wider/supporting role.

Think McKenna loves a bit of flexibility amongst his forward players - TJJ could play a number of roles, Chappers arguably can as well. Gives much greater resiliance/options across those positions to cope with injuries, etc

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 21:00 - Jan 10 with 3287 viewsStrimmer

I reckon Jackson will get a start on the left wing and broady replaces him on the hour. Hirst late sub.

Walton
Donacien - woolf - Burgess - Davis
Morsy - Evans
Burns - Chaplin - Jackson
Ladapo

Poll: Was it a punch?

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 21:04 - Jan 10 with 3249 viewsStokieBlue

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 18:14 - Jan 10 by Portman_Pie

Broadhead has played all across the positions behind the striker before so we wouldn't need to change formation.

Doesn't mean he will play of course. I think I would like to see it though, Harness has been miles off it lately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 21:30 - Jan 10 with 3079 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 19:59 - Jan 10 by jayessess

Good chance Broadhead does.

I think they both will. Probably an hour each.
Massive game for us, a win sets our stall out, they've been signed to improve us, and we've stuttered of late.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 21:41 - Jan 10 with 2994 viewskiwiblue

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 20:18 - Jan 10 by Hipsterectomy

Davis started a few days after signing for us for Leeds after pre-season in Australia, didn't he?

Yes but this is an important must not lose match and a settled start and big organised attack will be needed against the Muff. Both to come on later and i think Harness to start rather than Aluko
Great loan and buys though onwards and upwards.
Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 21:46 - Jan 10 with 2938 viewsDubtractor

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 21:04 - Jan 10 by StokieBlue

Broadhead has played all across the positions behind the striker before so we wouldn't need to change formation.

Doesn't mean he will play of course. I think I would like to see it though, Harness has been miles off it lately.

SB

Harness was probably our best player against Oxford!

Poor in a few recent away games though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Do we think Hirst and Broadhead will start on Saturday? on 22:06 - Jan 10 with 2801 viewsbluestandard

Now we have the numbers back in our attaching ranks, KM will go back to the triple attacking subs in the 2nd half. Given their previous history, Harness will probably link with Hirst and one other (maybe Chaplin), with Ladapo, Broadhead and Aluko the other 3. Not sure which way round it will be with Aluko/Chaplin but Chaplin and Broadhead seem a bit similar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024