Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league 13:05 - Jan 10 with 3363 viewsSlimitfc91

not ‘now we’re gonna win”
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:06 - Jan 10 with 3105 viewsFrimleyBlue

Does it make you feel manly saying the f word?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:08 - Jan 10 with 3093 viewsCaptainAhab

Wut?
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:11 - Jan 10 with 3068 viewsgeg1992

thank you, the amount of people I heard singing "now we're gonna win the football league" made me question the lyrics.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 3070 viewsPlums

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:06 - Jan 10 by FrimleyBlue

There is another way. For the oldies amongst us:

"He's here,
He's there,
We're not allowed to swear.
Johnny Wark, Johnny Wark"

Was far funnier and original than the song it replaced and parodied!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 3058 viewstextbackup

Mind if I get the kids to sing the nicer version?

If you do I’ll get them swearing, wouldn’t wanna piss u off

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:13 - Jan 10 with 3044 viewsSlimitfc91

It’s a word used in everyday language
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:15 - Jan 10 with 3006 viewsFrimleyBlue

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:13 - Jan 10 by Slimitfc91

Sorry you can't talk without using it. Must be a lovely conversation.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:17 - Jan 10 with 3002 viewsSlimitfc91

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:15 - Jan 10 by FrimleyBlue

Sorry you can't talk without using it. Must be a lovely conversation.

Yes that’s exactly what I said
Login to get fewer ads

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:17 - Jan 10 with 2999 viewsSitfcB

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:12 - Jan 10 by textbackup

Mind if I get the kids to sing the nicer version?

If you do I’ll get them swearing, wouldn’t wanna piss u off

Told my boy it was ‘bloody league’.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:19 - Jan 10 with 2967 viewsSlimitfc91

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:17 - Jan 10 by SitfcB

Did you say it’s town or now ?
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:27 - Jan 10 with 2874 viewsSitfcB

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:19 - Jan 10 by Slimitfc91

Did you say it’s town or now ?

He says Ipswich

COYB

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:29 - Jan 10 with 2833 viewsTalkingBlues

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:12 - Jan 10 by Plums

There is another way. For the oldies amongst us:

"He's here,
He's there,
We're not allowed to swear.
Johnny Wark, Johnny Wark"

Was far funnier and original than the song it replaced and parodied!

The original was far, far better IMO

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:34 - Jan 10 with 2790 viewsZx1988

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:13 - Jan 10 by Slimitfc91

Okay, if that's your point of view:

Find your nearest police officer, and dazzle them with your knowledge of the English language by liberally sprinkling your conversation with plenty of Fs and Cs.

Let us know how you get on.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:38 - Jan 10 with 2766 viewsFixed_It

First World problems.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:56 - Jan 10 with 2708 viewsSitfcB

You’re meant to be 32? Or later this year anyway?

COYB

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 14:00 - Jan 10 with 2658 viewsDJR

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:29 - Jan 10 by TalkingBlues

The original was far, far better IMO

It was probably OK for its time, but as the "Woolfy at the back" song is one of our main songs these days, I feel a little uncomfortable sitting in SBR when the whole stand sings it, given the number of youngsters in the ground and the more diverse (at least in terms of gender) support we now have.
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 14:58 - Jan 10 with 2479 viewsOldFart71

As shall I say one of the older generation of fans that was dragged through the bad times of football where the North Stand was more akin to Slade prison than somewhere to watch your team play and if a song didn't contain any expletives it didn't exist I do question whilst not condoning bad language whether this is part of the reason for lack of football songs today. It didn't happen in the late fifties and early sixties when songs like we have Billy Baxter in our team, we've got the best team in the land and Hancock is better than Yashin and Crawford is Better than Eusebio and whoever we played were in for a thrashing. I do believe that part of the reason for a sometimes less than enthusiastic or upbeat crowd is due to a lack of songs. Come on Ipswich and Come on you Blues is hardly awe inspiring. If we are or if we're down was good. But we need a bit more I feel.
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 16:15 - Jan 10 with 2314 viewsBlue_Order

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:17 - Jan 10 by SitfcB

My boy (8) knows what it is but sings “Ipswich Town are gonna win the league” instead.
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 16:27 - Jan 10 with 2234 viewsstrikalite

While you're at it, it's "solid at the back, goals in attack"..
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 17:00 - Jan 10 with 2149 viewsSlimitfc91

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 16:27 - Jan 10 by strikalite

While you're at it, it's "solid at the back, goals in attack"..

It most definitely isn’t
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 17:28 - Jan 10 with 2067 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

How about a banner for Plymouth on Saturday “Welcome to Fortress Portman Road - no swearing please!”
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 17:39 - Jan 10 with 2035 viewsstrikalite

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 17:00 - Jan 10 by Slimitfc91

It most definitely isn’t

Yeah but what about when Ladapo isn't playing, and the new lads are the ones banging in goals to win us the league...
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 22:56 - Jan 10 with 1785 viewsWhos_blue

I sing the clean version with my kids. They love that chant but don't need to be effing and jeffing.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 23:04 - Jan 10 with 1748 viewsfinidi_whooah

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 22:56 - Jan 10 by Whos_blue

I sing the clean version with my kids. They love that chant but don't need to be effing and jeffing.

My kids sing "town are gonna win the football league"
It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 05:48 - Jan 11 with 1596 viewsNickITFC

It is TOWN are gonna win the fcking league on 13:34 - Jan 10 by Zx1988

Okay, if that's your point of view:

Find your nearest police officer, and dazzle them with your knowledge of the English language by liberally sprinkling your conversation with plenty of Fs and Cs.

Let us know how you get on.

Hardest part will be finding one!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024