Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna the messiah 18:42 - Jan 2 with 4536 viewsonceablue

Many on here have been treating him like a God all season

But what if he doesn’t get us promoted

If we don’t get automatic and I don’t think we will, the play offs Are a lottery as our many experiences confirm.

1 win out of 8 proves that

I think even McKenna is starting to loose the faith normally his comments after the game concentrate on the game but today he said

It is going to be one hell of an effort to get the team out of this division

The above were his exact words Don’t think I have ever heard him say anything like that before
McKenna the messiah on 18:45 - Jan 2 with 3997 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Think about what we were like under.

Evans and Hurst
Evans and Lambert

And then compare where we are now. Getting out of this league isn't easy, ask any Sunderland supporter. If he doesn't get us up, we go again.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

McKenna the messiah on 18:51 - Jan 2 with 3886 viewsNutkins_Return

I think people have been more appreciating having an outstanding young manager. McKenna will go on to big things. Hopefully that will include taking us a long way on that journey.

He won't get everything right all the time. At the same time individual results like today's and Portsmouth that don't go our way despite total dominance aren't necessarily on him. In my opinion he's not done anything wrong for these games.

Really frustrating week.
McKenna the messiah on 19:02 - Jan 2 with 3781 viewsringwoodblue

Although McKenna is not a messiah, he is a young modern manager that talks very calmly, professionally and intelligently. He is a thinking man not a shouty man like Cook or delusional man like Lambert.

He has made mistakes and will make further mistakes but he will analyse them and learn from them.

Hopefully he will get two or three quality additions to give him a few more options in different areas.

In McKenna we trust.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

McKenna the messiah on 19:21 - Jan 2 with 3694 viewsBigCommon

Of course he's down beat. It's only natural, when you get a camera shoved in your face 5 minutes after a frustrating result and the manner of the penalty given against us.
He's learning all the time. We have to cut him some slack now and then. He won't get it right all the time. Whether that's tactically on in the media. But there was an air of realization in that interview. Perhaps we'll see some of his edges hardened as things go along. He's an intelligent bloke. But let's be fare. To a certain degree, he's still learning on the job, with some situations. Understandable, he's only 1 year into management.
Think those comments were more aimed at the officiating we've had in some games this season.
McKenna the messiah on 19:33 - Jan 2 with 3616 viewsLeoMuff

McKenna the messiah on 18:45 - Jan 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Think about what we were like under.

Evans and Hurst
Evans and Lambert

And then compare where we are now. Getting out of this league isn't easy, ask any Sunderland supporter. If he doesn't get us up, we go again.

Exactly, it’s very disappointing if we don’t go up this season but not a complete catastrophe, the minimum is play offs and giving automatic a good tilt.

If we lose in the play offs we will be even stronger next season.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

McKenna the messiah on 19:35 - Jan 2 with 3574 viewsRyorry

McKenna the messiah on 19:21 - Jan 2 by BigCommon

Of course he's down beat. It's only natural, when you get a camera shoved in your face 5 minutes after a frustrating result and the manner of the penalty given against us.
He's learning all the time. We have to cut him some slack now and then. He won't get it right all the time. Whether that's tactically on in the media. But there was an air of realization in that interview. Perhaps we'll see some of his edges hardened as things go along. He's an intelligent bloke. But let's be fare. To a certain degree, he's still learning on the job, with some situations. Understandable, he's only 1 year into management.
Think those comments were more aimed at the officiating we've had in some games this season.

Spot on. I take it that managers still aren’t allowed to be openly critical of officials, or get penalised* (sorry) if they are.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

McKenna the messiah on 19:39 - Jan 2 with 3553 viewsITFC1977

Yeah, heaven forbid our worst circumstance is the lottery of the play offs!! We’re used to better than this.
McKenna the messiah on 20:11 - Jan 2 with 3398 viewsjeera

"treating him like a God all season"

No they haven't.

Most fans are capable of being supportive and enthusiastic whilst being realistic at the same time.

It's a bit sad to see so many coming out the woodwork crowing that we've fallen from the top two though. Almost revelling in it in fact.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna the messiah on 20:17 - Jan 2 with 3361 viewsDeano69

The plan and expectations of the club were for us to get promoted next season. Going up this season would be brilliant of course and we have a great chance for it to happen. We are trying to rebuild from years of no investment and the demise of almost every aspect of the club. Sure, I will be disappointed if we don’t go up this year but more than happy with the structure and direction and sure it will happen sooner rather than later.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

McKenna the messiah on 20:26 - Jan 2 with 3313 viewsMullet

Is it not 3 wins in our last 8 league games? Exeter, Posh and Oxford?

Or do you mean days?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

McKenna the messiah on 20:40 - Jan 2 with 3247 viewsPimsNumber1

McKenna the messiah on 19:21 - Jan 2 by BigCommon

Mc Kenna doing a good job for sure and football is attractive but I would have preferred Carrick if we could have got him .I think he wanted a break from football and maybe stay up north but he inherited a crap Boro and they're flying and he didn't have a transfer window.Think him getting boro in playoffs would be more impressive than us in autos ..they were about 5th bottom when he arrived and Mc K is in his second season with a decent budget for this league
McKenna the messiah on 20:49 - Jan 2 with 3186 viewsChurchman

McKenna the messiah on 19:35 - Jan 2 by Ryorry

Spot on. I take it that managers still aren’t allowed to be openly critical of officials, or get penalised* (sorry) if they are.

Agree, Ryorry. Nobody has treated him like a Messiah or anything like it. It’s obvious that one year in on the management game he has a lot to learn and will make mistakes. People who don’t get things wrong tend to be those that haven’t done anything.

I like KM’s approach anD how he thinks a team should play. He’s good with the media, supporters and public. He doesn’t get too upbeat or down. Space, patience and time. If we give him that he will continue to be good for us.

For me, he’s the first manager since George B that’s felt totally right for this club. Let him do his job, is my view.
McKenna the messiah on 20:51 - Jan 2 with 3151 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna the messiah on 20:49 - Jan 2 by Churchman

Agree, Ryorry. Nobody has treated him like a Messiah or anything like it. It’s obvious that one year in on the management game he has a lot to learn and will make mistakes. People who don’t get things wrong tend to be those that haven’t done anything.

I like KM’s approach anD how he thinks a team should play. He’s good with the media, supporters and public. He doesn’t get too upbeat or down. Space, patience and time. If we give him that he will continue to be good for us.

For me, he’s the first manager since George B that’s felt totally right for this club. Let him do his job, is my view.

I've not seen anyone call him one.

But we've seen alot say we have the best manager in the league to go with the best team.

Both aren't true whilst we sit in 3rd.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

McKenna the messiah on 21:02 - Jan 2 with 3088 viewsDJR

To quote the words of Brian of Nazareth's mother, "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy".
McKenna the messiah on 21:13 - Jan 2 with 3004 viewsjacobnikons

4 wins in 10 is not promotion form. Game management failing to win games and giving away late draws (Fleetwood, Sheff Weds, Charlton to name a few) we have failed to close out games since the Autumn and poor finishing is the reason we have dropped out of the top 2. Unless we are more ruthless (i.e bring in a proven striker, maybe two) then we will end up in the lottery of the play offs. Those saying we have 20 odd games blah, blah, we are already 3 wins behind Plymouth due to these failings. Talking of strikers, what's the situation with Ben Morris now his Swedish club loan deal is over, he's a better player than Kayden Jackson...
McKenna the messiah on 21:26 - Jan 2 with 2930 viewsitfcsuth

He’s a fantastic manager, one of the brightest young managers in the country.

Reflect on the transformation this club has had on the pitch from the days of Lambert in particular.

He’s right, it will take a hell of an effort to get out of this league; our lack of killer instinct, standard of officiating and the mindset/approach of 90% of the opposition we come against are just a few contributing factors.

As rightfully said elsewhere, if this year isn’t our year, we make the correct adjustments and we absolutely go again.
McKenna the messiah on 21:52 - Jan 2 with 2796 viewsDeano69

Also, could be an awful lot worse, could be contemplating having Steve Bruce as our gaffer.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

McKenna the messiah on 23:05 - Jan 2 with 2697 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

McKenna the messiah on 21:52 - Jan 2 by Deano69

Also, could be an awful lot worse, could be contemplating having Steve Bruce as our gaffer.

Or Lampard
McKenna the messiah on 07:03 - Jan 3 with 2413 viewsdirtyboy

It’s his first full season as a manager of a fairly large club,

He’s learning every day, he’s taken what he had last season up a level, I’m sure the next few months will see him continue to adapt and improve.

No panic stations here.
McKenna the messiah on 07:42 - Jan 3 with 2319 viewsBlue_In_Boston

McKenna the messiah on 19:02 - Jan 2 by ringwoodblue

Although McKenna is not a messiah, he is a young modern manager that talks very calmly, professionally and intelligently. He is a thinking man not a shouty man like Cook or delusional man like Lambert.

He has made mistakes and will make further mistakes but he will analyse them and learn from them.

Hopefully he will get two or three quality additions to give him a few more options in different areas.

In McKenna we trust.

He talks well, but the words coming out of his mouth are sounding more like Cook and Lambert by the week.

Yes he is an improvement, but what a low benchmark to be judged on.
McKenna the messiah on 08:03 - Jan 3 with 2221 viewsElephantintheRoom

Third place and play off failure has looked more than likely all season.

If and when it happens I’d think the supporters will be more than happy in a Burleyesque sort of way, ready to repeat all the same mistakes next season. It’s been the best season for 20 years. But I suspect McKenna will be toast and possibly Ashton too when the American bean counters see the end of season PowerPoint presentation

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

McKenna the messiah on 08:41 - Jan 3 with 2079 viewsitfcjoe

McKenna the messiah on 07:42 - Jan 3 by Blue_In_Boston

He talks well, but the words coming out of his mouth are sounding more like Cook and Lambert by the week.

If you think that I'd suggest going back to listen to Lambert and Cook - it's about the worst take I've seen on here and amazed it isn't from FrimleyBlue

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McKenna the messiah on 08:49 - Jan 3 with 2006 viewsStadiumofdark

Absolute nonsense
McKenna the messiah on 08:53 - Jan 3 with 1965 viewsDJR

The impression I got from yesterday's interview is that he is feeling the pressure a bit, not least because of the amazing form of our two rivals.

But this is understandable. He is new to management, and this is perhaps the most difficult period of his management career to date, given that everything has gone swimmingly so far.

He may have also expected that we would firing on all cylinders by now given that we are now back to full strength, given how well he got us through the period with key injuries.

But we mustn't forget that he is an excellent coach and reinforcements are on the horizon.

Let's keep the faith.
McKenna the messiah on 08:54 - Jan 3 with 1944 viewscarlisleaway

McKenna the messiah on 08:41 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

If you think that I'd suggest going back to listen to Lambert and Cook - it's about the worst take I've seen on here and amazed it isn't from FrimleyBlue

Yes we all appreciate the football being played under McKenna, but compare his transfer dealings last summer to Cook and Hirst. Only Davies is the shining light, no good playing attractive football if you cannot kill a team off. Which is what has happened on numerous occasions this season, we deserve better and supporters will not keep coming back if we fail to go up. Saying that Plymouth deserve to be top as they have continued to keep winning and break down teams that we have only drawn against.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024