Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke-Harris 10:49 - Dec 18 with 7241 viewsGates2Reuser

£2.5 Million
Clarke-Harris on 10:49 - Dec 18 with 5305 viewsipswichtillidie

How very informative thank you 🙏

Gav

Clarke-Harris on 10:53 - Dec 18 with 5263 viewsLeoMuff

More I would have thought, they paid £2m, they know we have cash and they drive a hard bargain.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Clarke-Harris on 10:55 - Dec 18 with 5227 viewsStokieBlue

Clarke-Harris on 10:53 - Dec 18 by LeoMuff

More I would have thought, they paid £2m, they know we have cash and they drive a hard bargain.

He's out of contract in 18 months I believe, perhaps less.

There probably is a deal to be done there, whether it works for all parties and comes within fair play limits I don't know.

Our attendances should have increased the allowance we have to play with for fair play limits.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Clarke-Harris on 11:08 - Dec 18 with 5133 views3_5_2

Seems a lot to me

But he is the answer to our needs?

Only saw him at home v posh last week and wasn’t impressed but that’s just one game

Maybe do better with the number of chances we create

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Clarke-Harris on 11:20 - Dec 18 with 5024 viewsitfcjoe

Clarke-Harris on 10:55 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

He's out of contract in 18 months I believe, perhaps less.

There probably is a deal to be done there, whether it works for all parties and comes within fair play limits I don't know.

Our attendances should have increased the allowance we have to play with for fair play limits.

SB

No fair play limits on fees, and if salary levels too high owners can inject cash to cover it within rules so different to Champ in that regards

In reality, if a load of money to spend you are far better doing so when in this league than after promotion

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Clarke-Harris on 11:35 - Dec 18 with 4914 viewsBasuco

Way too much, £500,000 top based on what I have seen live against us and on TV. Doesn't look like a striker who can step up, he struggled to score in the Championship with Peterborough, decent at League 1 level but that seems to be his limit.
Clarke-Harris on 11:35 - Dec 18 with 4909 viewsMullet

Wouldn't pay much more than a 10th of that given he looks at his ceiling.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Clarke-Harris on 11:51 - Dec 18 with 4827 viewsStokieBlue

Clarke-Harris on 11:35 - Dec 18 by Basuco

Way too much, £500,000 top based on what I have seen live against us and on TV. Doesn't look like a striker who can step up, he struggled to score in the Championship with Peterborough, decent at League 1 level but that seems to be his limit.

He scored 12 in 41 in a team that got relegated from the Championship.

He scored 43 in 63 matches for Peterborough in League One.

he scored 24 in 42 matches for Bristol Rovers in League One.

If you think you'll get a striker like that for 500,000 I don't know what to say except your sample size of TV and a few matches against us is rather small.

To score 67 in 105 matches across team very different teams is much better than "decent at league 1 level".

SB
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 11:53]

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke-Harris on 11:58 - Dec 18 with 4770 viewsSharkey

Clarke-Harris on 11:35 - Dec 18 by Mullet

That reminds me that someone once told me that J.K. Lever, Essex and England left-arm bowler, had a mirror on his bedroom ceiling.
Clarke-Harris on 12:00 - Dec 18 with 4744 viewsStokieBlue

Clarke-Harris on 11:35 - Dec 18 by Mullet

250k?

Really? Burgess cost about 3 times that I believe?

SB

Clarke-Harris on 12:02 - Dec 18 with 4722 viewsMullet

Clarke-Harris on 12:00 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

250k?

Really? Burgess cost about 3 times that I believe?

SB

He did and we didn't get value there. But I wouldn't buy JCH, I don't like him as a player, don't think he does anything but makes us reorganise the team and don't think he can play across the front line.

We essentially need a TJJ type player who has a bit of everything and can change in game. Not someone who needs a team built round them halfway through a season and will want to take set pieces etc.

Clarke-Harris on 12:19 - Dec 18 with 4595 viewsbazza

Clarke-Harris on 12:02 - Dec 18 by Mullet

He did and we didn't get value there. But I wouldn't buy JCH, I don't like him as a player, don't think he does anything but makes us reorganise the team and don't think he can play across the front line.

We essentially need a TJJ type player who has a bit of everything and can change in game. Not someone who needs a team built round them halfway through a season and will want to take set pieces etc.

If he knows where the net is, and has been a consistent goal scorer for several different sides, Wouldn’t you say it’s possible he can adapt to suit our style of play? Given the amount of chances we create, he’d only have to be on the end of about 1 in 10 chances and he’d grab a couple
Of goals Per game.
Clarke-Harris on 12:24 - Dec 18 with 4531 viewsMullet

Clarke-Harris on 12:19 - Dec 18 by bazza

If he knows where the net is, and has been a consistent goal scorer for several different sides, Wouldn’t you say it’s possible he can adapt to suit our style of play? Given the amount of chances we create, he’d only have to be on the end of about 1 in 10 chances and he’d grab a couple
Of goals Per game.

Of course, but does he play with his back to goal and do the things KMcK requires of a 9? I just think he's not going to dominate in the Championship next year so if we are looking to outlay that sort of money we'd be better looking elsewhere.

Clarke-Harris on 12:36 - Dec 18 with 4440 viewsArnieM

That would be viewed as cheap if it meant we were promoted as a result of his goals .

I refer you all to Marcus Stewart, snatched from our then, promotion rivals, Huddersfield. The sale of MS totally killed their season , and made ours.

This is exactly the sort of move I’d want to see in the January window. We have a big push required in the second half of the season. The current players are beginning to fall off the pace in my humble view. We need fresh blood to bolster our push .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Clarke-Harris on 12:41 - Dec 18 with 4385 viewsStokieBlue

That would be great - TJJ plus goals would be amazing.

Any ideas?

SB

Clarke-Harris on 13:03 - Dec 18 with 4225 viewsMullet

Clarke-Harris on 12:41 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

That would be great - TJJ plus goals would be amazing.

Any ideas?

SB

I'm not convinced we need goals insomuch as we need someone who fits. Jamal Lowe probably knows our squad relatively well and can play out wide so if he's available at Bournemouth he might be a canny addition.

I really like Keinan Davis who is back out on loan at the top of the Championship, so if we can find someone in that mould looking for the first big loan out of the Prem as with TJJ, that might be a better investment.

Especially if there;s a chance of retaining them when we go up. Beyond my love of Will Keane I'm not sure who McKenna wants and whether that's a Leif Davis type project or a veteran who can see out the season.

Without knowing the finances we are looking to put in and who clubs want rid of it's hard to just chuck out a name. For me, the bigger priority is a CM who can replace Morsy now Ball is gone and Camara looks riddled with injury. Retention in the middle and shielding the defence will cost us more looking at how we've gone recently.

Clarke-Harris on 13:04 - Dec 18 with 4205 viewsIllinoisblue

Sort of money we were spending on Sir Marcus Stewart over 20 years ago and we were skint back then. Adjusted for inflation that means we should be spending approx 6.8million on a striker in this window.

* above figure is completely made up, but you get the point

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Clarke-Harris on 13:13 - Dec 18 with 4117 viewsipswichtillidie

Clarke-Harris on 13:03 - Dec 18 by Mullet

I'm not convinced we need goals insomuch as we need someone who fits. Jamal Lowe probably knows our squad relatively well and can play out wide so if he's available at Bournemouth he might be a canny addition.

I really like Keinan Davis who is back out on loan at the top of the Championship, so if we can find someone in that mould looking for the first big loan out of the Prem as with TJJ, that might be a better investment.

Especially if there;s a chance of retaining them when we go up. Beyond my love of Will Keane I'm not sure who McKenna wants and whether that's a Leif Davis type project or a veteran who can see out the season.

Without knowing the finances we are looking to put in and who clubs want rid of it's hard to just chuck out a name. For me, the bigger priority is a CM who can replace Morsy now Ball is gone and Camara looks riddled with injury. Retention in the middle and shielding the defence will cost us more looking at how we've gone recently.

Jamal Lowe I like. As I wrote in a previous thread I think any of the front four players haven’t exactly nailed a place down in the team even given our rotation. No one is nailed on like a Morsy for instance. Whom ever is available in a January window that can improve us and fits KMc playing style I’m sure will be a consideration. No one in our team is irreplaceable. You’d hope we will move quickly once window opens so should find out soon enough. Reading between the lines seems like we were down the line with a couple going by Ashton’s comments recently.

Gav

Clarke-Harris on 13:16 - Dec 18 with 4100 viewsBloomBlue

Clarke-Harris on 13:04 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

Sort of money we were spending on Sir Marcus Stewart over 20 years ago and we were skint back then. Adjusted for inflation that means we should be spending approx 6.8million on a striker in this window.

But the difference was when Marcus joined us Ipswich was a team pushing for the Prem do you think he would have left Huddersfield if we had been in the league below?
That's the problem I see getting a top quality championship player to drop down a league.
Clarke-Harris on 13:18 - Dec 18 with 4084 viewscbower

Clarke-Harris on 11:35 - Dec 18 by Basuco

Not saying he is the one for Town but at least be fair. He scored a very decent 12 in the Championship last season in a side that was relegated. He did not struggle to score. 12 was our top scorer in L1!

Just read Stokie's post which I have somewhat repeated. Sorry!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 13:24]

bluescouser

Clarke-Harris on 13:20 - Dec 18 with 4062 viewsipswichtillidie

Clarke-Harris on 13:04 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

It comes out around £4.3 million using an inflation calculator. Not a terrible guess ;)

Gav

Clarke-Harris on 13:22 - Dec 18 with 4026 viewsipswichtillidie

Clarke-Harris on 13:18 - Dec 18 by cbower

Not saying he is the one for Town but at least be fair. He scored a very decent 12 in the Championship last season in a side that was relegated. He did not struggle to score. 12 was our top scorer in L1!

Just read Stokie's post which I have somewhat repeated. Sorry!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 13:24]

I agree. I think Clarke-Harris would be a fantastic signing. Given their chairman’s comments recently it wouldn’t surprise me If some of their big earners become available.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 13:23]

Gav

Clarke-Harris on 13:27 - Dec 18 with 3971 viewscbower

I wouldn't mind someone to take set pieces tbh. His shot that hit the bar last week was well struck. We are useless at them. Chaplin's against Barmsley aside that is.

bluescouser

Clarke-Harris on 13:29 - Dec 18 with 3948 viewsHipsterectomy

He doesn't sound like he's the type of character who Ashton and McKenna would want here. He also made homophobic posts in the past.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Clarke-Harris on 13:33 - Dec 18 with 3904 viewsbazza

Clarke-Harris on 12:24 - Dec 18 by Mullet

Of course, but does he play with his back to goal and do the things KMcK requires of a 9? I just think he's not going to dominate in the Championship next year so if we are looking to outlay that sort of money we'd be better looking elsewhere.

£2.5m is a fair bit, but will we get someone who can cut it in the championship for that kind of money? Or pay it to get us out of this league, and see what they can do if we get promoted..?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024