Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke-Harris 10:49 - Dec 18 with 7256 viewsGates2Reuser

£2.5 Million
Clarke-Harris on 13:38 - Dec 18 with 1925 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Clarke-Harris on 13:16 - Dec 18 by BloomBlue

But the difference was when Marcus joined us Ipswich was a team pushing for the Prem do you think he would have left Huddersfield if we had been in the league below?
That's the problem I see getting a top quality championship player to drop down a league.

We managed it with Morsy and Walton.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Clarke-Harris on 13:52 - Dec 18 with 1878 viewsLeoMuff

Clarke-Harris on 13:38 - Dec 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

We managed it with Morsy and Walton.

It’s a bit different with strikers.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Clarke-Harris on 13:55 - Dec 18 with 1871 viewsdavblue

Clarke-Harris on 12:24 - Dec 18 by Mullet

Of course, but does he play with his back to goal and do the things KMcK requires of a 9? I just think he's not going to dominate in the Championship next year so if we are looking to outlay that sort of money we'd be better looking elsewhere.

Not physical enough in terms of pressing imo for McKenna.
Clarke-Harris on 13:57 - Dec 18 with 1868 viewsJ2BLUE

Clarke-Harris on 13:52 - Dec 18 by LeoMuff

It’s a bit different with strikers.

Not sure it would be in this case. We're already second. We create plenty of chances. Could even have a clause in the deal that we would sell them if we don't get up this season for the same price we paid.

We look a great bet for promotion. Plymouth have started to wobble. Yes they beat Morecambe at home yesterday but they likely won't match their form for the second half of the season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Clarke-Harris on 14:34 - Dec 18 with 1795 viewsbazza

Clarke-Harris on 13:57 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

Not sure it would be in this case. We're already second. We create plenty of chances. Could even have a clause in the deal that we would sell them if we don't get up this season for the same price we paid.

We look a great bet for promotion. Plymouth have started to wobble. Yes they beat Morecambe at home yesterday but they likely won't match their form for the second half of the season.

Not sure who would pay the same money for a striker who couldn’t win promotion in league 1.. be a big gamble for a player dropping to league 1, let’s not forget Walton and morsy we’re not number 1 choices at the time..
Clarke-Harris on 14:44 - Dec 18 with 1767 viewsRIPbobby

Not for me. The Blackpool striker would be my top UK target, but something tells me the management might pull a rabbit out of the hat and shock us all.

2/3 games before we see anyone 5hough.
Clarke-Harris on 15:24 - Dec 18 with 1691 viewsbilllm

Clarke-Harris on 12:02 - Dec 18 by Mullet

He did and we didn't get value there. But I wouldn't buy JCH, I don't like him as a player, don't think he does anything but makes us reorganise the team and don't think he can play across the front line.

We essentially need a TJJ type player who has a bit of everything and can change in game. Not someone who needs a team built round them halfway through a season and will want to take set pieces etc.

Value for money if we have to buy from league one, bristol rovers guy Collins I think, leads across a front three positions well,
Clarke-Harris on 15:30 - Dec 18 with 1677 viewsipswichtillidie

Clarke-Harris on 15:24 - Dec 18 by billlm

Value for money if we have to buy from league one, bristol rovers guy Collins I think, leads across a front three positions well,

Maybe we will go take Collins and Clark-Harris ;)

Gav

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke-Harris on 15:31 - Dec 18 with 1674 viewsbilllm

Clarke-Harris on 13:57 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

Plymouth had a wobble, won't be going any where,
We're not fireing at all up front,
Chasing pack are now starting to jostle others will come to the party,
Only thing I am confident about is we have got here with half a squad at times,
I'd revert back to the two number tens,
Clarke-Harris on 08:39 - Dec 19 with 1534 viewsCityBlue

Clarke-Harris to Ipswich for cash and Matt Penney

I T I D

Clarke-Harris on 10:23 - Dec 19 with 1445 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Clarke-Harris on 11:51 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

He scored 12 in 41 in a team that got relegated from the Championship.

He scored 43 in 63 matches for Peterborough in League One.

he scored 24 in 42 matches for Bristol Rovers in League One.

If you think you'll get a striker like that for 500,000 I don't know what to say except your sample size of TV and a few matches against us is rather small.

To score 67 in 105 matches across team very different teams is much better than "decent at league 1 level".

SB
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 11:53]

My issue would be more who he has done that for.

Peterborough play a style that showcases the centre forward as a goalscorer and then sell them on for a profit. How many of those have maintained or improved after leaving them? Ivan Toney springs to mind but there are lots that haven't:

Paul Taylor, Aaron MacLean, Mackail-Smith, Marcus Maddison, Jack Marriott, Conor Washington, Callum Willock, Assombalonga did for a season, even Tyrone Barnett did far better there.

I can't imagine we will ever get value buying a striker from Peterborough under their current system.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Clarke-Harris on 11:18 - Dec 19 with 1366 viewsOsborneOneNil

Clarke-Harris on 15:24 - Dec 18 by billlm

Yep, I’d love him here. Been banging on about him for months.
Clarke-Harris on 11:31 - Dec 19 with 1333 viewsitfcsuth

£1.5M seems a sensible price.

£2.5M seems a little high.

A deadly striker though.
Clarke-Harris on 15:50 - Dec 19 with 1162 viewsGates2Reuser

Clarke-Harris on 12:36 - Dec 18 by ArnieM

That would be viewed as cheap if it meant we were promoted as a result of his goals .

I refer you all to Marcus Stewart, snatched from our then, promotion rivals, Huddersfield. The sale of MS totally killed their season , and made ours.

This is exactly the sort of move I’d want to see in the January window. We have a big push required in the second half of the season. The current players are beginning to fall off the pace in my humble view. We need fresh blood to bolster our push .

This was the basis of my post …
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024