Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends 23:13 - Dec 2 with 1720 viewsSimonds92

We are the best team in this league, comfortably imo. Its just very Ipswich to find a way to not capitalise on the domination we've had in 90% of our games.
We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:14 - Dec 2 with 1696 viewsFromReuserWithLove

EXACTLY this.
We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:15 - Dec 2 with 1682 viewsFrimleyBlue

how are we the best team? this keeps getting mentioned, but why are we the best team? most expensively put together in league 1? maybe. but there could be 2 teams above us tomorrow, so best is stretching it imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:17 - Dec 2 with 1661 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:15 - Dec 2 by FrimleyBlue

how are we the best team? this keeps getting mentioned, but why are we the best team? most expensively put together in league 1? maybe. but there could be 2 teams above us tomorrow, so best is stretching it imo.

Statistically we are the best team in the league. Looking at goals scored, Possession, chance creation, essentially every positive stat, we are top of in league one.

But as you rightly point out, if you dont win those games, it dont really matter. We need a strong January, strengthen from a strong position and we will be ok. But im very worried about December tbh.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:21 - Dec 2 with 1614 viewsstrikalite

Ha, you've at least made me smile tonight, you just know how the final chapter ends..
We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:41 - Dec 2 with 1524 viewsFrimleyBlue

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:17 - Dec 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Statistically we are the best team in the league. Looking at goals scored, Possession, chance creation, essentially every positive stat, we are top of in league one.

But as you rightly point out, if you dont win those games, it dont really matter. We need a strong January, strengthen from a strong position and we will be ok. But im very worried about December tbh.

I get what you're saying, but stats don't win you promotion.

The best sides get more points than the others, wycombe were 24th in various league 1 stats yet still got promoted.. they were the best whilst being the worst.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:51 - Dec 2 with 1488 viewsRonFearonsHair

I'm not convinced it's a 3 horse race. I have a nagging feeling that one of the places will be taken by a team that's not even in the top 3 at the moment.
We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:55 - Dec 2 with 1464 viewsSimonds92

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:41 - Dec 2 by FrimleyBlue

I get what you're saying, but stats don't win you promotion.

The best sides get more points than the others, wycombe were 24th in various league 1 stats yet still got promoted.. they were the best whilst being the worst.

You don't always get what you deserve (although today we got exactly what we deserved). I haven't seen another team dominate games in the way we do and statistically we are the best team. I think we can justifiably also say that very poor refereeing decisions have cost us at least 4 more points and given 1 to Wednesday.
We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 07:28 - Dec 3 with 1296 viewsCornishMariner

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:51 - Dec 2 by RonFearonsHair

I'm not convinced it's a 3 horse race. I have a nagging feeling that one of the places will be taken by a team that's not even in the top 3 at the moment.

If they win their game in hand Barnsley are only 6 points behind. Nobody seems to be mentioning them but they have now won their last 4 home games. Three more draws from us and they could be equal on points or certainly very close with half the season left.

This is definitely our difficult month and a real test for the boss. A lot of teams go through this but the past few years have seen us not get out of such ruts quickly enough. Hopefully this year is different but for the next couple of days, at least, I am not optimistic.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Login to get fewer ads

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 07:54 - Dec 3 with 1254 viewsChrisd

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 23:15 - Dec 2 by FrimleyBlue

You’re right Frimmers, the stats might say otherwise, but after 20 games that really is a good indicator and currently we are 2nd and could be 3rd after this weekend’s results and that’s the most important stat, regardless what all the other ones say. The league certainly doesn’t lie after that amount of games. Until we find a way to convert our chances our games will remain unnecessarily close ala last night.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 7:56]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 10:00 - Dec 3 with 1109 viewsSimonds92

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 07:54 - Dec 3 by Chrisd

You’re right Frimmers, the stats might say otherwise, but after 20 games that really is a good indicator and currently we are 2nd and could be 3rd after this weekend’s results and that’s the most important stat, regardless what all the other ones say. The league certainly doesn’t lie after that amount of games. Until we find a way to convert our chances our games will remain unnecessarily close ala last night.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 7:56]

It does though doesn't it. Fleetwood are 17th in the league on account of the number of draws they have had. They've been better than a number of teams we've played this season but who are above them in the league. We would currently be sat 7 points ahead of Wednesday if it wasn't for standout awful refereeing. All this 'it evens itself out over a season' is rubbish imo but if it's true we're owed an absolute minimum of 4 points in the second half of the season.
We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 13:27 - Dec 3 with 997 viewsChrisd

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 10:00 - Dec 3 by Simonds92

It does though doesn't it. Fleetwood are 17th in the league on account of the number of draws they have had. They've been better than a number of teams we've played this season but who are above them in the league. We would currently be sat 7 points ahead of Wednesday if it wasn't for standout awful refereeing. All this 'it evens itself out over a season' is rubbish imo but if it's true we're owed an absolute minimum of 4 points in the second half of the season.

The fact is we aren’t. The officiating excuse is really lame, because I’m sure every club in this league could say they have had decisions that have cost them points this season. The fact is the league doesn’t lie, you deserve to be where you are after 20 games.

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 13:46 - Dec 3 with 968 viewsSimonds92

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 13:27 - Dec 3 by Chrisd

The fact is we aren’t. The officiating excuse is really lame, because I’m sure every club in this league could say they have had decisions that have cost them points this season. The fact is the league doesn’t lie, you deserve to be where you are after 20 games.

Ok so in 3 games time and we've won 3 on the spin top of the league at the halfway point we are suddenly then the best team in the league? Just looking to confirm. Every team we've played this season, regardless of result have said we are the best team in this league, stats back that up. Like i said in the OP it's just very Ipswich to not be about 5 points clear at the top which is realistically where we should be based on performances this season.
We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 13:56 - Dec 3 with 935 viewsChrisd

We've all been Ipswich fans long enough to know how this 3 horse race ends on 13:46 - Dec 3 by Simonds92

Ok so in 3 games time and we've won 3 on the spin top of the league at the halfway point we are suddenly then the best team in the league? Just looking to confirm. Every team we've played this season, regardless of result have said we are the best team in this league, stats back that up. Like i said in the OP it's just very Ipswich to not be about 5 points clear at the top which is realistically where we should be based on performances this season.

If we are top come May, then yes we were the best team in the league. Stats I take with a pinch of salt. What counts is where you are in the league. If we end up finishing 3rd and L1 managers have said we are the best team, then clearly we aren’t, managers say things at times that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the truth. We might be best in the way we play, but our inability to kill teams off suggests otherwise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024