Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shot Stats 17:40 - Nov 12 with 1233 viewsBlue_badge

I wasn't able to be at PR today. A lot of frustration expressed at our apparent inability to score goals, yet we're the second highest goal scorers in the league... puzzling.

I generated some stats for the top 3 clubs over their last 5 league games...
Ipswich - 109 shots, 24 on target (22%), 9 goals (8%)
Sheff Weds - 76 shots, 29 on target (38%), 9 goals (12%)
Plymouth - 78 shots, 32 on target (41%), 13 goals (17%)

Stats can tell lies, but I have to think - if only we had the same conversion rate as Plymouth.
Shot Stats on 18:35 - Nov 12 with 1177 viewsVaughan8

I always think shots is a bit of a misleading stat. You shoot 10 times from 30 yards, still counts.

Having said that, we do seem to not shoot from that far out most of the time so I guess we have had a fair few decent chances.

Just dont have a prolific striker unfortunately.
Shot Stats on 19:55 - Nov 12 with 1110 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shot Stats on 18:35 - Nov 12 by Vaughan8

I always think shots is a bit of a misleading stat. You shoot 10 times from 30 yards, still counts.

Having said that, we do seem to not shoot from that far out most of the time so I guess we have had a fair few decent chances.

Just dont have a prolific striker unfortunately.

It could be misleading, but I don’t think we take many pot shots. We seem to want to walk it into the net at times. Today aside which I didn’t see (but sounds the same), it’s obvious we’ve got, we, ‘accuracy problems’.

Those stats are a bit surprising as I’ve been thinking our biggest problem is not getting shots off from really good positions. If we could click in the final third you feel someone’s in for a battering as we get in a ridiculous amount of good positions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shot Stats on 20:13 - Nov 12 with 1083 viewsWickets

Shot Stats on 19:55 - Nov 12 by Swansea_Blue

It could be misleading, but I don’t think we take many pot shots. We seem to want to walk it into the net at times. Today aside which I didn’t see (but sounds the same), it’s obvious we’ve got, we, ‘accuracy problems’.

Those stats are a bit surprising as I’ve been thinking our biggest problem is not getting shots off from really good positions. If we could click in the final third you feel someone’s in for a battering as we get in a ridiculous amount of good positions.

I think we managed to miss about 6 clear cut chances today now that's some Stat !
Shot Stats on 20:24 - Nov 12 with 1069 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

According to the stats we had 29 shots today 18 of which were blocked.

Of the remaining 11, 4 were on target .

And we hit the woodwork twice.

What does all that mean? I haven't a clue. Perhaps we were a bit unlucky.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Shot Stats on 21:09 - Nov 12 with 1022 viewsTheBoyBlue

This confirms what most of us will have realised. We need sooooo many chances to score.
We seem to put so much work into creating chances, creating beautiful moves, being 'on brand', that scoring seems almost an afterthought, a bonus. It all sems rather pointless if we can't finish these chances.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Shot Stats on 21:18 - Nov 12 with 986 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Shot Stats on 20:24 - Nov 12 by You_Bloo_Right

According to the stats we had 29 shots today 18 of which were blocked.

Of the remaining 11, 4 were on target .

And we hit the woodwork twice.

What does all that mean? I haven't a clue. Perhaps we were a bit unlucky.

Similar to Lincoln, isn't it?

We could do with a striker who is a more natural goal scorer.

There are occasions where this sort of thing happens. Likewise, you sometimes come up against an inspired goalkeeper who plays the game of his life.

Can't afford it to happen too often, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Shot Stats on 22:28 - Nov 12 with 932 viewsChrisd

Shot Stats on 21:18 - Nov 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

There are occasions where this sort of thing happens. Likewise, you sometimes come up against an inspired goalkeeper who plays the game of his life.

Today’s game and the one against Lincoln neither keeper had to have a ‘worldie’ to stop us from winning. For all our attempts, I still don’t feel we work the opposition keeper enough in most games we play.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Shot Stats on 22:42 - Nov 12 with 907 viewsbobbyramsey

Shot Stats on 21:18 - Nov 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

It’s happening every other ruddy week ffs…..

We’re really no further forward than we were when KM arrived.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 22:44]
Login to get fewer ads

Shot Stats on 22:48 - Nov 12 with 884 viewsBent_double

Shot Stats on 19:55 - Nov 12 by Swansea_Blue

"If we could click in the final third you feel someone’s in for a battering as we get in a ridiculous amount of good positions."

We've been saying this all season, other than the 6-0 in the pizza cup game, it's not showing signs of ever happening.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024