Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise 10:53 - Nov 12 with 1209 viewsVic

Morning all - looking for a nice easy win this afternoon - for a change.

I’ve just taken the hard drives, batteries and Ram out of 4 old laptops. What’s the best way to dispose of the securely and safely?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:00 - Nov 12 with 1184 viewsBasuco

Drill holes in the hard drives to prevent them being read and then take the lot to a recycling centre, most of them offer safe recycling/disposal of these.
Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:04 - Nov 12 with 1166 viewsRozz

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:00 - Nov 12 by Basuco

Drill holes in the hard drives to prevent them being read and then take the lot to a recycling centre, most of them offer safe recycling/disposal of these.

Important to distinguish between your memory devices and your batteries before proceeding...
Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:07 - Nov 12 with 1157 viewsVic

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:00 - Nov 12 by Basuco

Cheers. I’m miles away from a recycling centre . Can I pop them in the recycling bin instead?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:09 - Nov 12 with 1153 viewsRozz

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:07 - Nov 12 by Vic

Cheers. I’m miles away from a recycling centre . Can I pop them in the recycling bin instead?

Would they fit in one of those battery bins you see at Sainsburys when nobody's looking?
Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:21 - Nov 12 with 1113 viewsDubtractor

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:07 - Nov 12 by Vic

100% definitely do NOT put them in any of your home bins.

Batteries are a major source of fires at waste facilities!

Recycling centre is the correct option I'm afraid.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 12:05 - Nov 12 with 1074 viewsjeera

If anyone in the know sees this:

I have an old but working monitor or two I want to get rid of. Old but flat type.

Seems daft to throw them in recycling skip if someone somewhere could make use of them.

What happens to the donation stuff at recycling centres? Will they accept electrical items?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 12:15 - Nov 12 with 1056 viewsstopmoaning

Put the RAM in a bin! No need to worry about that.

Or, put it all back together and find a mate in works in IT that is having a collection soon.
Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 20:18 - Nov 12 with 896 viewsHARRY10

Try these, even if you get nothing for the parts you will know it's being dealt with properly - and avoids a trip to the 'tip'

https://www.sellyourlaptop.co.uk/laptop-recycling

https://www.recycleyourelectricals.org.uk/how-to-recycle-electronics/what-electr

https://www.recycleit.co.uk/value-recovery/
Login to get fewer ads

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 22:24 - Nov 12 with 819 viewsfactual_blue

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 11:21 - Nov 12 by Dubtractor

100% definitely do NOT put them in any of your home bins.

Batteries are a major source of fires at waste facilities!

Recycling centre is the correct option I'm afraid.

What about eating them?

(Asking for a friend)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 22:31 - Nov 12 with 811 viewsHARRY10

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 22:24 - Nov 12 by factual_blue

What about eating them?

(Asking for a friend)

they get fed to chickens - so I am told
Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 22:36 - Nov 12 with 791 viewsEdwardStone

Lap top battery and hard drive disposal advise on 22:24 - Nov 12 by factual_blue

What about eating them?

(Asking for a friend)

Apparently you can eat the Ram.... if you mix it with Goat Liver.

I actually have the recipe here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024