Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday's attendance 09:19 - Oct 2 with 1794 viewsallezlesbleus

Why was it 28,434 when there were several reports prior to the game that it was sold out? I thought the new capacity was just over 29, 600.
Yesterday's attendance on 09:27 - Oct 2 with 1746 viewstivo

The seating under the away fans was empty (approx 500 seats).

I do think the club need to address this. We used to give V1, V2 (upper) and the Cobbold lower under them which worked fine.

This year we've gone ahead and given V1, V2, E block in upper and not giving the lower tier to anyone.

V1, 2 and the corresponding lower tier is more than enough for 20/23 visiting teams.

I expect, when the time comes and Cobbold is expanded (yes I am getting ahead of myself) that the back of house setup will allow for expandable and retractable away sections depending on demand.
Yesterday's attendance on 09:32 - Oct 2 with 1719 viewsEly_Blue

You do know that they only count the number of people who actually come through the turnstiles don’t you? Therefore if ST holders don’t go to the game for whatever reason then they don’t get counted

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Yesterday's attendance on 09:39 - Oct 2 with 1668 viewsNthQldITFC

Yesterday's attendance on 09:32 - Oct 2 by Ely_Blue

You do know that they only count the number of people who actually come through the turnstiles don’t you? Therefore if ST holders don’t go to the game for whatever reason then they don’t get counted

There were a couple of swathes of empty seats either side of SAR upper, not many but I wondered why they were grouped together like that if it was down to rail problems or something else?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Yesterday's attendance on 09:40 - Oct 2 with 1663 viewsEly_Blue

Yesterday's attendance on 09:39 - Oct 2 by NthQldITFC

There were a couple of swathes of empty seats either side of SAR upper, not many but I wondered why they were grouped together like that if it was down to rail problems or something else?

Could it have been freebies that were given to a local club/school and they couldn’t make it?

Yesterday's attendance on 10:01 - Oct 2 with 1591 viewsstrikalite

I thought they always counted the ST holders whether they're there or not, MK Dons being an example....or another being under MM when our gates were 16k yet never that amount in the ground at the time...
Yesterday's attendance on 10:44 - Oct 2 with 1436 viewsIllinoisblue

Those reports were just from fans on Twitter and fb claiming it was sold out, nothing official from the club. I guess the lower Cobbold under away fans is what, 300 or 400? Leaving about 800 or 900 elsewhere in the ground empty. Hard to see on iFollow where those empty seats were

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yesterday's attendance on 10:45 - Oct 2 with 1421 viewsxrayspecs

Yesterday's attendance on 10:44 - Oct 2 by Illinoisblue

Those reports were just from fans on Twitter and fb claiming it was sold out, nothing official from the club. I guess the lower Cobbold under away fans is what, 300 or 400? Leaving about 800 or 900 elsewhere in the ground empty. Hard to see on iFollow where those empty seats were

There were quite a few empty seats, spread around the ground. Suspect ST holders who could not get to the game for whatever reason. Travel an issue for some.
Yesterday's attendance on 10:46 - Oct 2 with 1419 viewsPhilTWTD

That's not the case. Season ticket holders do get counted even if they're not there. It's tickets sold rather than actual people in the ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday's attendance on 10:48 - Oct 2 with 1389 viewsPhilTWTD

Yesterday's attendance on 09:27 - Oct 2 by tivo

The seating under the away fans was empty (approx 500 seats).

I do think the club need to address this. We used to give V1, V2 (upper) and the Cobbold lower under them which worked fine.

This year we've gone ahead and given V1, V2, E block in upper and not giving the lower tier to anyone.

V1, 2 and the corresponding lower tier is more than enough for 20/23 visiting teams.

I expect, when the time comes and Cobbold is expanded (yes I am getting ahead of myself) that the back of house setup will allow for expandable and retractable away sections depending on demand.

Couldn't see from where I sit but assume there were a swathe of seats between the home fans and away support, probably more than against most clubs as Portsmouth is the highest risk game in the division for trouble.
Yesterday's attendance on 10:53 - Oct 2 with 1344 viewsMeadowlark

Really? I don't think so.
Yesterday's attendance on 11:07 - Oct 2 with 1291 viewstivo

Completely untrue. I do wonder why people with clearly no knowledge on the subject talk with such authority.
Yesterday's attendance on 11:13 - Oct 2 with 1233 viewsFrimleyBlue

That can't be true, they used to announce 16 k under mick when there were barely 10 in the ground.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Yesterday's attendance on 12:37 - Oct 2 with 1100 viewsAlberto_the_frog

I know it was "only" on Twitter, but Andy Warren reported club website as only having 17 tickets available for sale
Yesterday's attendance on 12:43 - Oct 2 with 1058 viewsyesjohn99

This is b0ll0cks.

The opposite happens.
Yesterday's attendance on 12:59 - Oct 2 with 995 viewslongtimefan

Yesterday's attendance on 12:37 - Oct 2 by Alberto_the_frog

I know it was "only" on Twitter, but Andy Warren reported club website as only having 17 tickets available for sale

There were around 7 available for sale when I looked around lunchtime.
Yesterday's attendance on 13:08 - Oct 2 with 947 viewsbournemouthblue

Yesterday's attendance on 12:43 - Oct 2 by yesjohn99

This is b0ll0cks.

The opposite happens.

In the modern era of digital tickets, you'd have thought they could count them properly

I imagine they're happy to up the numbers for sponsorship reasons

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Yesterday's attendance on 13:09 - Oct 2 with 939 viewsEly_Blue

If you went onto the club ticket site there were no available tickets after about 11am, before I left from home at 9am there were 21 seats left showing on the website so yeah it was sold out and the club website actually said so

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024