Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton 13:49 - Aug 31 with 2987 viewsitfcpaul

Surely he is worth more then that???

And if not why aren't we putting in a bid for him, what is there to lose...

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 13:51 - Aug 31 with 2955 viewsSteve_M

£150k plus some wages.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 13:51 - Aug 31 with 2956 viewsMullet

The fact he's had one good season, is getting on a bit for the type of profile we'd likely go for from someone at this level?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:23 - Aug 31 with 2672 viewsitfcpaul

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 13:51 - Aug 31 by Steve_M

£150k plus some wages.

His wages wont be much will they?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 2636 viewstractorboy1978

Fact it’s clubs like Port Vale and Fleetwood in for him says it all. What is to lose? A lot if he comes in and isn’t good enough (which he isn’t) in a what has to be a promotion season.
Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:27 - Aug 31 with 2607 viewspointofblue

Burned by Pigott?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:28 - Aug 31 with 2606 viewsclive_baker

Morecambe are skint and he's not of an age where he'll attract interest from above particularly. Certainly could be a handy addition for us this season but a) not sure he suits KM's pressing game at all and b) has a strong preference to remain oop North.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:42 - Aug 31 with 2500 viewsKieran_Knows

Ffs. Nobody had even heard of him a year ago.

Have you seen some of the players we’ve signed in the last year? We’re not going to be going after 2 Bob players like Stockton.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:53 - Aug 31 with 2405 viewsjayessess

In terms of strikers once we had Jackson and Ladapo signed up, I think we decided there wasn't much point adding another mid-career League One striker.

So, we brought in probably the upper limit of what you can attract in terms of Premier League loanees in TJJ and pursued Hirst, a striker who we hoped would be the one for years to come.

Now that Hirst hasn't panned out I don't think it suits our medium-term squad planning to go for League One strikers in their late 20s and get stuck with their wages for 3 seasons. Hence why we might be looking at a younger loanee like the Sheffield United lad to add a bit of depth.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 14:54]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:57 - Aug 31 with 2352 viewshomer_123

...do you see him as a better option than Ladapo, Jackson or Cats nephew?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 15:00 - Aug 31 with 2314 viewsDMDC

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:53 - Aug 31 by jayessess

In terms of strikers once we had Jackson and Ladapo signed up, I think we decided there wasn't much point adding another mid-career League One striker.

So, we brought in probably the upper limit of what you can attract in terms of Premier League loanees in TJJ and pursued Hirst, a striker who we hoped would be the one for years to come.

Now that Hirst hasn't panned out I don't think it suits our medium-term squad planning to go for League One strikers in their late 20s and get stuck with their wages for 3 seasons. Hence why we might be looking at a younger loanee like the Sheffield United lad to add a bit of depth.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 14:54]

We already have a young loanee in TJJ. Don't think we need another one. Stockton isn't the answer, but we do need a half decent striker. Because Ladapo and Jackson aren't the answer.
Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 15:03 - Aug 31 with 2306 viewsChurchman

Surely the days of cheap punts are over. Mick M, who happened to have a pretty good record scraping the bottom of the barrel, only did it because he no better options.
Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 15:08 - Aug 31 with 2223 viewsjayessess

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 15:00 - Aug 31 by DMDC

We already have a young loanee in TJJ. Don't think we need another one. Stockton isn't the answer, but we do need a half decent striker. Because Ladapo and Jackson aren't the answer.

Ladapo and Jackson are at least part of the answer or we wouldn't have pursued them. TJJ's 21, has over 50 senior appearances, he's young but reasonably experienced.

People have to be realistic at this point. We're 33 hours out from the end of the window and our number one target just signed for someone else, so I doubt any of the answers we come up with at this point are going to be perfect.

It's likely to be a choice between short term solutions that tide us over until January. A cheap fringe player who isn't a long-term drain on the budget might well be the best we can do.

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 15:50 - Aug 31 with 2021 viewsOsborneOneNil

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 14:28 - Aug 31 by clive_baker

Morecambe are skint and he's not of an age where he'll attract interest from above particularly. Certainly could be a handy addition for us this season but a) not sure he suits KM's pressing game at all and b) has a strong preference to remain oop North.

Been offered him all summer by his agent.
Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 16:00 - Aug 31 with 1969 viewsclive_baker

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 15:50 - Aug 31 by OsborneOneNil

Been offered him all summer by his agent.

There was a stage he might've gone to Blackpool, he knows a few people there and needless to say was very keen and the geography worked but it never materialised into anything.

He's a good played, think there's some harsh criticism of him on here. Some players do develop a little later and he's a handful, can hold the ball up, scores all sorts of different goals and creates for himself. I don't think he fits KM's criteria physically as much as anything else, that intense high press isn't really his game. I think if we were going to pay for a Stockton type we might as well have kept Norwood for another year.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 16:06 - Aug 31 with 1940 viewsFrimleyBlue

I don't see Stockton working with a KM high press tbh

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 16:26 - Aug 31 with 1846 viewsFrimleyBlue

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 15:08 - Aug 31 by jayessess

Ladapo and Jackson are at least part of the answer or we wouldn't have pursued them. TJJ's 21, has over 50 senior appearances, he's young but reasonably experienced.

People have to be realistic at this point. We're 33 hours out from the end of the window and our number one target just signed for someone else, so I doubt any of the answers we come up with at this point are going to be perfect.

It's likely to be a choice between short term solutions that tide us over until January. A cheap fringe player who isn't a long-term drain on the budget might well be the best we can do.

I don't believe we've only just found out hirst isn't coming, but what is interesting is people bemoaning (not you) who we're now linked with....... haven't actually given any names that you could see working with the KM system.

Players like stockton mentioned, only because of his goal scoring of previous seasons, yet 0 thought on how he'd be no better off here than Pigott would have been.

We're playing a prem style of football, only the top prem clubs have a regular goal scoring number 9 to go with the style as you need to be very clinical. What we will be aiming for and have got with ladapo is someone who can lead the line and help others to score, same with jackson or JJ. Who ever comes in, will need high stamina levels, understanding of the high press and the ability to create spaces.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 17:13 - Aug 31 with 1704 viewshappybeingblue

some of his goals last season were pure class and as george burley said sat you cannot coach that type of instinct its natural, he is a clever strong player,i would be happy if we signed him.
Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 17:26 - Aug 31 with 1651 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 17:13 - Aug 31 by happybeingblue

some of his goals last season were pure class and as george burley said sat you cannot coach that type of instinct its natural, he is a clever strong player,i would be happy if we signed him.

Me too. I rate him. Great bench option last 20.
Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 17:28 - Aug 31 with 1642 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I’d rather sign the boy from Burton. He looked a real handful when we played them. I can’t remember his name but he was a youth player at the Budgies. Suspect Burton would struggle to turn down a half decent offer.

Poll: Our final position

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 17:39 - Aug 31 with 1606 viewsjayessess

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 17:28 - Aug 31 by southnorfolkblue

I’d rather sign the boy from Burton. He looked a real handful when we played them. I can’t remember his name but he was a youth player at the Budgies. Suspect Burton would struggle to turn down a half decent offer.

Gassan Ahadme, thought he looked a decent player but very different system they're playing there and he has a total 6 career goals.

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 21:11 - Aug 31 with 1378 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 17:39 - Aug 31 by jayessess

Gassan Ahadme, thought he looked a decent player but very different system they're playing there and he has a total 6 career goals.

Don’t disagree with any of that but it would be handy to have someone who offered something slightly different

Poll: Our final position

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 11:39 - Sep 1 with 966 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 17:39 - Aug 31 by jayessess

Being part of Norwich youth scheme must mean he can play in our technical style, being able to mix it up is a bonus for us. Ready to go!
Port Vale (allegedly) bid ONLY £150k for Cole Stockton on 11:41 - Sep 1 with 957 viewsVaughan8

I'm sorry but my view watching him numerous times, hes not very good. Just look at his record bar last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024