Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something to ponder - how many of our squad now 10:17 - Sep 1 with 954 viewsKeno

have/could/will be able to play in championship?

assuming we go up how much of a 're-build' will we need by this time next year?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:23 - Sep 1 with 901 viewsjayessess

Only KVY, Humphreys and Greg Leigh haven't played in the Championship.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:25 - Sep 1 with 883 viewsFrimleyBlue

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:23 - Sep 1 by jayessess

Burns, fridge, wolfy?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:29 - Sep 1 with 875 viewsjayessess

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:25 - Sep 1 by FrimleyBlue

Burns, fridge, wolfy?

Burns - 21 games for Bristol City at the beginning of his career.
Fridge - 10 games for Derby on loan, immediately before we signed him
Woolfy - 3 games for us under McCarthy and Hurst

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:31 - Sep 1 with 851 viewsKeno

I didnt know that!! interesting, thanks

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:31 - Sep 1 with 849 viewsFrimleyBlue

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:29 - Sep 1 by jayessess

Burns - 21 games for Bristol City at the beginning of his career.
Fridge - 10 games for Derby on loan, immediately before we signed him
Woolfy - 3 games for us under McCarthy and Hurst

well buger me.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:33 - Sep 1 with 837 viewsDarth_Koont

Always difficult to say but if we take an example of our best player last year, Burns, then he may or may not handle the Championship that well when the standard of opposition goes up.

It’s a question of who will rise to the challenge. And that even goes for players like Morsy who have been there and done it with other teams. We also don’t just want to survive in the Championship but push into the top half and get promoted within a couple of seasons – and the pressure on players and the demands will only go up if and when we’re sniffing around promotion.

But if we get to the Championship then I’m pretty confident that we’ll see new signings come in with a more proven and better pedigree to mitigate that uncertainty. It won’t be the time to take as many punts and fill the squad with cover but to take the first team up a notch or two.

Having said all that, we’ve seen with GB’s side that a team we’ve built can perform in the league and changing too much can then risk everything. Would be good to have an FA Cup run and some serious matches with a couple of Champ or Prem sides to see where the current team is. And McKenna is much more familiar with the elite standard of player than any of us so he’ll probably have a very good idea of what’s needed when it’s time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:37 - Sep 1 with 822 viewsRozz

Chaplin, Jackson
Morsy Ball Evans
Davis Burns
Fridge Woolf* Keogh** Donacien
Walton

*Would need to be switched on - will get less time on the ball in Championship and mistakes will be punished more regularly.
**At a push, assuming promotion this year, purely down to age.
Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 806 viewsclive_baker

Would certainly need some 'help' as Lambert would put it, not least because I imagine our aspirations would extend beyond scrapping to avoid relegation.

I could see 5 or 6 in, the same out to make way. There's a handful who you think would perhaps move on, namely KVY, Penney, Keogh depending on fitness, Harper probably. TJJ is only on loan of course, and while Jackson still has a year left after this, he might be moved on. Burgess potentially, if there was interest. Aluko would certainly be another up for consideration, out of contract, but his experience would be valuable. A lot will depend on this season for a number of them.

Certainly reasons to believe Walton, Burns, Davis, Morsy, Chaplin can step up, most have proven that already. Evans and Ball too, I think Edmundson is a quality defender personally, the best we have. Just depends what we can add to take us from 'probably Championship quality' to top half pushing for top 6 quality in the nearer term. I think the loan market opens up a little more in the Championship for us. There's good young players at big clubs that I don't doubt would want to come here and play in this team, but clubs will rightly be prioritising Championship loans.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 800 viewsKeno

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:31 - Sep 1 by FrimleyBlue

well buger me.

is that optional?

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 10:48 - Sep 1 with 711 viewsBasingstokeBlue

well buger me.

From here?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 11:25 - Sep 1 with 618 viewsSitfcB

well buger me.

Is that still allowed?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Something to ponder - how many of our squad now on 11:40 - Sep 1 with 555 viewsSuperblue95

And Hladky

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024