Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues 05:54 - Aug 25 with 3322 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Apparently

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-all-92-premier-league-and-football-l

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:20 - Aug 25 with 2772 viewsChurchman

I prefer the original yellow bordered 1970s version of our badge but regardless it’s as good as any.

I am surprised Leicester’s is so low and some of the dogs dinners’ are so high. Opinions, I suppose.
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:37 - Aug 25 with 2735 viewsLord_Lucan

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:20 - Aug 25 by Churchman

I prefer the original yellow bordered 1970s version of our badge but regardless it’s as good as any.

I am surprised Leicester’s is so low and some of the dogs dinners’ are so high. Opinions, I suppose.

Class

[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 7:38]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:47 - Aug 25 with 2674 viewsChurchman

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:37 - Aug 25 by Lord_Lucan

Class

This for the third shirt?

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:54 - Aug 25 with 2626 viewsPioneerBlue

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:47 - Aug 25 by Churchman

Arsenal
Man C
Portsmouth

These are unlucky to be that low!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 08:09 - Aug 25 with 2579 viewsChurchman

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:54 - Aug 25 by PioneerBlue

Arsenal
Man C
Portsmouth

Agreed. Especially Portsmouth’s.

I prefer Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal’s simpler designs of yesteryear but then I’m decrepit.

I was surprised Brentford’s is so low. I rather like it. Lincoln and Cardiff’s too, not least because they’re easily identifiable.
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 08:45 - Aug 25 with 2503 viewsblueprint

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:37 - Aug 25 by Lord_Lucan

Class

Love that badge though the lion does resemble an excitable dog.
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 08:56 - Aug 25 with 2463 viewsCityBlue

I am sure teams scratch their heads when we tell them none of our nicknames evolve around either a horse or a port. I know people say we are the punch in the Suffolk punch, but our official nickname of "The super blues" really lacked imagination.

I T I D

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 08:56 - Aug 25 with 2458 viewsNthQldITFC

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:54 - Aug 25 by PioneerBlue

Arsenal
Man C
Portsmouth

Add Spurs, Leicester, Charlton, Palace

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 09:07 - Aug 25 with 2401 viewsLord_Lucan

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 08:56 - Aug 25 by CityBlue

I am sure teams scratch their heads when we tell them none of our nicknames evolve around either a horse or a port. I know people say we are the punch in the Suffolk punch, but our official nickname of "The super blues" really lacked imagination.

"Super Blues" is our official nickname?

First I've heard of it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 10:31 - Aug 25 with 2221 viewsMillsey

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 07:47 - Aug 25 by Churchman

Next you’ll wand green stripes on it 💩😉
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 10:41 - Aug 25 with 2176 viewsclive_baker

Credit where it's due I don't like the club and their fans annoy me but that Liverpool badge is so iconic. Badges like that, and United, Newcastle, Everton, Blackburn, Villa etc. just take me back to football sticker albums as a kid. When you get the shiny Newcastle badge, TWTD.

List is harsh on Birmingham I think, I quite like the globe sat on top of the football. Better than Salfords or some of the other modern guff.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 10:53 - Aug 25 with 2127 viewsSamWhiteUK

There's something really nice about looking back at some of the old badges, and there are some details that I've never noticed before. There are also some badges that are just absolutely dreadful that are way too high up the list (Preston, looking at you).

Not sure who put together the list, but it seems to me that some of the badges that are "beautiful" and "traditional" aren't all that different to some that have been left at the bottom of the list for being "too busy"
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 10:53 - Aug 25 with 2119 viewsStewart27

Our badge is class.

I can’t believe Norwich got to 22nd. It’s pathetic. I know I’m biased but it’s green and yellow and has a canary on it. Makes me sick in my mouth when I look at it.

It looks like a badge for a team that’s never won anything.
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 10:57 - Aug 25 with 2096 viewsCityBlue

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 09:07 - Aug 25 by Lord_Lucan

"Super Blues" is our official nickname?

First I've heard of it.

Well I have been following them since early 70's and it was always the "Super Blues" then. The Blues have always been Birmingham and of course now we have the Tractor Boys.

I T I D

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 10:59 - Aug 25 with 2085 viewsLord_Lucan

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 10:57 - Aug 25 by CityBlue

Well I have been following them since early 70's and it was always the "Super Blues" then. The Blues have always been Birmingham and of course now we have the Tractor Boys.

Interesting, I rarely hear it.

I would say "The Town"

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 11:28 - Aug 25 with 2002 viewsDinDjarin

They got the top 2 correct, Wolves and Forest badges are class.
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 11:28 - Aug 25 with 2002 viewsEwan_Oozami

Only 12th?

Boo! Ashton Out!

#badgein

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 11:32 - Aug 25 with 1983 viewsSwansea_Blue

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 11:28 - Aug 25 by Ewan_Oozami

Only 12th?

Boo! Ashton Out!

#badgein

Well Bristol City is 80th, so that proves Ashton is useless.

#CleggOUT!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 11:45 - Aug 25 with 1946 viewsChiefXL

Burton's badge being criminally underrated there

And Swindon have never been the same since they ditched their previous badge
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 14:27 - Aug 25 with 1725 viewsDyland

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 11:45 - Aug 25 by ChiefXL

Burton's badge being criminally underrated there

And Swindon have never been the same since they ditched their previous badge

Burton's badge is a fat beer monster having a go ffs Chiefers. Its effing sh1te!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 15:52 - Aug 25 with 1607 viewshoppy

Class

That badge is being kept alive, used by Ipswich Wanderers…

(Seen here on their new away kit!)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 16:07 - Aug 25 with 1572 viewsEwan_Oozami

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 15:52 - Aug 25 by hoppy

That badge is being kept alive, used by Ipswich Wanderers…

(Seen here on their new away kit!)

Vested interest there hoppy? :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 16:34 - Aug 25 with 1507 viewshoppy

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 16:07 - Aug 25 by Ewan_Oozami

Vested interest there hoppy? :-)

Been involved with the club the last few years, as stepsons have both played for teams, and we’ve sponsored some of the under 15s, under 18s and last season under 23s… this is the first time of sponsoring the first team at all. The home kit is Hadleigh Tyre Group, so I agreed a deal for the new away kit! I design the Matchday programmes, and various signage etc as well though, so, yes, you could say got an interest there!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 17:49 - Aug 25 with 1427 viewscarlo88

I like ours but my favourite has always been Charlton Athletic. Classic, bold, simple and instantly recognisable. Surprised it was only '44th'.
We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 18:09 - Aug 25 with 1384 viewsbournemouthblue

We’ve the 12th best badge in English footballs top 4 leagues on 10:57 - Aug 25 by CityBlue

It's definitely what they called us before the Tractor Boys

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024