Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical question who would you pick? 21:01 - Aug 15 with 1613 viewsThai_Blue

Celina or Harness
For me Harness, I wasn't sad to not sign Celina but was pleased when Harness signed. It's not that I don't like Celina but more that I see him as a luxury
Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 21:09 - Aug 15 with 1582 viewsFreddies_Ears

Harness, for sure. For all Celina's qualities, his goals and assists was just not good enough.
Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 21:25 - Aug 15 with 1549 viewsDJR

Harness for me. As I said on another thread his through-balls in the second half were as good as Celina's, and he's already chipped in with two goals.
Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 06:25 - Aug 16 with 1424 viewsKropotkin123

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 21:25 - Aug 15 by DJR

Harness for me. As I said on another thread his through-balls in the second half were as good as Celina's, and he's already chipped in with two goals.

His through ball led to LD's cross which was collected by JD to set up Chaplin for our third. Long-winded, I know. Arguably a different "phase of play". But if he didn't have the vision to play that ball, then it gets recycled and we are easier to defend against. Thought he had an excellent game and, as mentioned in other threads, my MOTM.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:02 - Aug 16 with 1333 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Celina.... Quite comfortably.

I really like Harness but he isnt better than Celina.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:09 - Aug 16 with 1307 viewstextbackup

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:02 - Aug 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

Celina.... Quite comfortably.

I really like Harness but he isnt better than Celina.

i'd be surprised if Harness' stats, come the end of the season, arent better than what Celina achieved last season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:10 - Aug 16 with 1303 viewsDJR

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 06:25 - Aug 16 by Kropotkin123

His through ball led to LD's cross which was collected by JD to set up Chaplin for our third. Long-winded, I know. Arguably a different "phase of play". But if he didn't have the vision to play that ball, then it gets recycled and we are easier to defend against. Thought he had an excellent game and, as mentioned in other threads, my MOTM.

Yes, that through-ball was out of the top drawer.
Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:12 - Aug 16 with 1297 viewsStewart27

It’s really early days to judge, but Harness’ goal impact at the moment is higher than Celina’s. Bear in mind that scoring was something we struggled with when Celina was a regular in the second half of last season, it’s a bright start for Harness.
Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:14 - Aug 16 with 1278 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:09 - Aug 16 by textbackup

i'd be surprised if Harness' stats, come the end of the season, arent better than what Celina achieved last season.

They probably will be, but I also think he's going to benefit from playing in a more settled and organised team. I always talk about Celina's stats last season, they are slightly misleading . His xA was right up there with the best in the League and his numbers were hurt by playing in teams that couldn't finish. And purely on the eye test. No debate Celina is far better to watch.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:17 - Aug 16 with 1263 viewsSomethingBlue

We could have done with both.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:42 - Aug 16 with 1194 viewsDyland

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:17 - Aug 16 by SomethingBlue

We could have done with both.

Not so sure... hypothetically, it could have seen the same 'no 10' rotation as second half of last season. Think if you just start Chaplin every game where possible he'll do the business. Too early to judge Harness but looks so clever positionally, and is versatile. I agree that if you have a chance to get someone like Celina you have to do it... but.... this cloud may have a silver lining... notwithstanding injuries, but we're in the third division and rotating players like Chaplin and Celina who are both Champ quality just feels somehow wrong, like it will blow up. Who knows eh.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:46 - Aug 16 with 1151 viewsDyland

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:12 - Aug 16 by Stewart27

It’s really early days to judge, but Harness’ goal impact at the moment is higher than Celina’s. Bear in mind that scoring was something we struggled with when Celina was a regular in the second half of last season, it’s a bright start for Harness.

Different players though innit? Harness may have put away more chances created by Celina. Who knows.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 09:04 - Aug 16 with 1090 viewsclive_baker

I think Celina has a certain X factor that's rarely seen in L1. His touch, close control, technique, set pieces. Harness has started brilliantly, and he and Chaplin look to be forming a nice partnership so we aren't say here ruing the fact Celina isn't here, quite rightly, and long may that continue. Perhaps it's greedy but the prospect of Celina, Harness & Chaplin with Aluko too would've been mouthwatering.

I wouldn't rule him out coming back some time, especially if we're promoted.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 09:15 - Aug 16 with 1054 viewsMullet

I think this is a bit of comforting revision. Harness has been great but Celina over a season with a pre-season here and McKenna knowing what he wanted from him would be deadly.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 09:19 - Aug 16 with 1042 viewsHobokenBlue

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 09:04 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

I think Celina has a certain X factor that's rarely seen in L1. His touch, close control, technique, set pieces. Harness has started brilliantly, and he and Chaplin look to be forming a nice partnership so we aren't say here ruing the fact Celina isn't here, quite rightly, and long may that continue. Perhaps it's greedy but the prospect of Celina, Harness & Chaplin with Aluko too would've been mouthwatering.

But despite having the X Factor rarely seen in L1, did he deliver and contribute with regular impact?

I agree, his talent has always been for all to see. However, his talent never effectively delivered when it mattered on a consistent basis.

Last season, there was a reason he wasn't consistently starting and I don think he would be in most peoples Top 5 players last season, and possibly Top 10 ...definitely not mine but all subjective though I appreciate.

For me, all the Celina Summer Speculation got nauseating. I am very happy with this squad being formed.

Regards to to Original OP, need to see more of Harness to truly decide but early days suggests its Harness for me.
Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 09:54 - Aug 16 with 982 viewsDarth_Koont

Celina has a higher ceiling, I’m sure, so as individuals comes out on top.

But in terms of our team and what it needs I’d so far give the nod to Harness. He’s dynamic on and off the ball, still very direct and looking to threaten as soon as he gets possession, but much higher up the pitch too.

He’s an integral part of making the current three of himself, Ladapo and Chaplin the most consistently threatening, pressing and defending from the front three we’ve seen since we moved to this formation last Christmas.

Early days of course so we’ll see if that lasts. But on the flip side him and the players around him should develop more understanding with even a few more games.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 10:35 - Aug 16 with 896 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Depends which stats you mean but if looking at goals+assists, then Harness’ stats were better last season than Celinas too
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 10:35]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 10:38 - Aug 16 with 873 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 08:14 - Aug 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

They probably will be, but I also think he's going to benefit from playing in a more settled and organised team. I always talk about Celina's stats last season, they are slightly misleading . His xA was right up there with the best in the League and his numbers were hurt by playing in teams that couldn't finish. And purely on the eye test. No debate Celina is far better to watch.

His xA last season seems somewhat overblown, he was 14th in the division based on xA per game which is obviously decent but not the incredible standout player that some seem to suggest

Harness came in 27th in the same table but small margins there with Celina’s per game figure being 0.03 higher. Harness actually had a higher overall xA for the season due to playing more minutes

But Celina did score a really good goal once, so there is that

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 15:15 - Aug 16 with 761 viewsKropotkin123

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 10:35 - Aug 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Depends which stats you mean but if looking at goals+assists, then Harness’ stats were better last season than Celinas too
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 10:35]

Harness
(46*90)/(3268/11)= 13.94 goals across a season
(46*90)/(3268/(11+6))= 21.54 goal involvements over a season.

Celina
(46*90)/(2131/6)= 11.66 goals across a season
(46*90)/(2131/(6+6))= 23.31 goal involvements over a season.

The stats miss that Celina didn't have a pre-season and had a higher xA. They also miss that Portsmouth like to Hoofball more, so I expect we suit Harness's game better. I'm happy with Harness. I would have been happy with Celina.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 15:23 - Aug 16 with 736 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Once again you and several others in the thread forget that Celina had a heart problem, Covid, and no pre-season. It's therefore not a like-for-like comparison.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 15:24 - Aug 16 with 733 viewsKieran_Knows

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 09:04 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

I think it's a given he returns if we get promoted.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 16:24 - Aug 16 with 655 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hypothetical question who would you pick? on 15:23 - Aug 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

Once again you and several others in the thread forget that Celina had a heart problem, Covid, and no pre-season. It's therefore not a like-for-like comparison.

Celina is a 25 year old footballer who has never scored more than 7 goals or assisted more than 6 goals in a season

Presumably he’s also had heart problems/COVID/no pre-season/insert another excuse in every other season in his career too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024