Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction 15:14 - Jul 27 with 5651 viewsVic

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/predicted-league-one-2022-23-fi

ITFC to finish 3rd, well clear of 6th.

Even ignoring the above, to miss the P/O's would be a bit of a disaster wouldn't it!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 15:41 - Jul 27 with 3922 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Can you imagine Town vs Pompey in a PO semi or final...huge.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 15:47 - Jul 27 with 3904 viewsOsborneOneNil

I'd be amazed if Derby finish top.
EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 15:56 - Jul 27 with 3866 viewsSE1blue

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 15:47 - Jul 27 by OsborneOneNil

So far, 11 players in and 11 players out for them in the summer transfers, plus a change of manager.

Playoffs maybe, but it would be a hell of a step to go up as champions.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:01 - Jul 27 with 3834 viewsIllinoisblue

“Soccer Power Index Ratings” . Get in the facking bin.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:05 - Jul 27 with 3808 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What a load of old nonsense. Derby had about 5 players a couple of weeks ago... now they're going to romp the league?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:09 - Jul 27 with 3771 viewsGunnsAirkick

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:05 - Jul 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

What a load of old nonsense. Derby had about 5 players a couple of weeks ago... now they're going to romp the league?

They've signed a few 'old pros'. What could possibly go wrong?
EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:09 - Jul 27 with 3770 viewsiamipswich

I think they're nailed on Play-Off contenders. Although many of their signings are around 30, they're mostly 30-32 and of a very high quality for L1. Supplemented with youth from the likes of Bird and Sibley and thats a pretty good squad.

Getting them to gel is supposedly the challenge but you just know that they'll do a better job than ours under Cook.

Poll: Who will return first?

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:11 - Jul 27 with 3762 viewsParsley

Think it will take a few games in to the season for the rankings to recalibrate based on new players
Login to get fewer ads

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:15 - Jul 27 with 3712 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:09 - Jul 27 by GunnsAirkick

They've signed a few 'old pros'. What could possibly go wrong?

I think this 'supercomputer' has crunched the old stats of these old pros and extrapolated from that, without any thought about their age/speed to gel.

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:18 - Jul 27 with 3692 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:11 - Jul 27 by Parsley

Think it will take a few games in to the season for the rankings to recalibrate based on new players

Absolutely. 10 games will tell us much more - and with Derby, especially, no-one can make a solid prediction. They could be anywhere from flying to struggling.

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:20 - Jul 27 with 3677 viewsJ2BLUE

This is about as relevant as the one that put us 15th.

Where do they get the info and stats from? I don't trust any of these predictions as I don't believe anyone can know that much about all 24 teams.

It's like my mate who never watches football on tv telling me he doesn't rate *insert Ipswich player*. It's BS.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:32 - Jul 27 with 3606 viewsGeoffSentence

There is a supercomputer on board HMS Piss The League, I have just run the simulations and it has us top with 100 points and 100 goals.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:47 - Jul 27 with 3533 viewsringwoodblue

I think Derby will suffer from what we suffered from last season - a bunch of unfamiliar individuals taking time to gel as a team. I think they’ll be play-offs at best. Sheff Wed in the top two I do agree with.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:47 - Jul 27 with 3530 viewsStu_boy

Think Peterborough will be pushing hard this year, certainly better than the 10th place predicted with their attacking talent
EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 17:03 - Jul 27 with 3443 viewsTrumptonBlue

If you fiddle with the 'Forecast from' and 'Season' options at the bottom of that thing, you'll see that at the start of last season, it was predicting 15th for Wigan, 24th for Plymouth and 4th for us.
EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 17:11 - Jul 27 with 3399 viewsLower_North

What a load of tosh.

Whoever is responsible for producing that has clearrly been on the sauce.

Derby First, Peterborough 10th, Accrington & Cambridge relegated?

What a joke
EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 17:22 - Jul 27 with 3351 viewsArnieM

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 16:09 - Jul 27 by iamipswich

I think they're nailed on Play-Off contenders. Although many of their signings are around 30, they're mostly 30-32 and of a very high quality for L1. Supplemented with youth from the likes of Bird and Sibley and thats a pretty good squad.

Getting them to gel is supposedly the challenge but you just know that they'll do a better job than ours under Cook.

So, Derby’s happy band of Bassetts All Sorts are immediately going to gel and hit the ground running are they ? LOL

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 17:23 - Jul 27 with 3347 viewsBlueBoots

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 15:41 - Jul 27 by BlueandTruesince82

Can you imagine Town vs Pompey in a PO semi or final...huge.

My supercomputer predicts that we're going to win the Play-Off Final 4-2 against Barnsley...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 18:42 - Jul 27 with 3198 viewstractordownsouth

Derby are the same as us last year, in hindsight. Way too much squad churn and half the fan base thinks they’ll piss the league. The league is weaker this year so they’ll do better than we did but I can’t see them anywhere near the top 2.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 00:29 - Jul 28 with 2966 viewsSteveH

This is the sort of thing I like! Every year I try and predict the outcomes for Ipswich and every year it comes out as a non-descript, mid table season. but this year is different we are ranked at No2, and the stats back it up!

So I powered up my own supercomputer... In most simulations Ipswich finish third, behind MK Dons. I have tried to not show too much bias towards Ipswich. This is just for fun and I fully expect to be 1000000% wrong. Let's face it - if we could predict a whole season of football results, we'd all be millionaires.

There are a number of factors in pre-season that we do not know about. There is always that one team that does better than expected, others that fail to do as well as expected, those last minutes equalisers and shock defeats - as well as psychological effects of winning (or losing) 5 games in a row.

Surprisingly for Ipswich, our first dropped points could be at Forest Green and again at Shrewsbury - this could make our league position look a bit shaky at the end of August.

The teams to watch are Derby - personally, I think they will struggle to start with.
Sheffield Wednesday - early indications show they will win this league.
MK Dons - Prolific goal scorers and best defence/goal difference last season and have been busy bolstering their squad.
Portsmouth, Bolton, Peterborough, Wycombe and Oxford will all be in the mix next April/May
Not convinced that Barnsley will do as well as the article suggests.
I am also fairly sure that the bottom clubs will not reach 50 points as statistically they are a long way off the pace.

This is my (best case) final table.

More likely to be Sheffield Wednesday top with anyone of the next four in second. It is going to be tight and may go to the last game of the season.

Based on a 500 run simulation - with a random element - I rank the teams like this;

Blog: [Blog] FFP + Low Attendance = Mid-Table

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 02:31 - Jul 28 with 2924 viewsKropotkin123

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 00:29 - Jul 28 by SteveH

This is the sort of thing I like! Every year I try and predict the outcomes for Ipswich and every year it comes out as a non-descript, mid table season. but this year is different we are ranked at No2, and the stats back it up!

So I powered up my own supercomputer... In most simulations Ipswich finish third, behind MK Dons. I have tried to not show too much bias towards Ipswich. This is just for fun and I fully expect to be 1000000% wrong. Let's face it - if we could predict a whole season of football results, we'd all be millionaires.

There are a number of factors in pre-season that we do not know about. There is always that one team that does better than expected, others that fail to do as well as expected, those last minutes equalisers and shock defeats - as well as psychological effects of winning (or losing) 5 games in a row.

Surprisingly for Ipswich, our first dropped points could be at Forest Green and again at Shrewsbury - this could make our league position look a bit shaky at the end of August.

The teams to watch are Derby - personally, I think they will struggle to start with.
MK Dons - Prolific goal scorers and best defence/goal difference last season and have been busy bolstering their squad.
Portsmouth, Bolton, Peterborough, Wycombe and Oxford will all be in the mix next April/May
I am also fairly sure that the bottom clubs will not reach 50 points as statistically they are a long way off the pace.

More likely to be Sheffield Wednesday top with anyone of the next four in second. It is going to be tight and may go to the last game of the season.

Based on a 500 run simulation - with a random element - I rank the teams like this;

If you like this sort of thing, get involved in this! Free Town top if you win too! :)

Tractordownsouth and Kropotkin123’s prediction competition. by tractordownsouth 25 Jul 2022 13:34
Our prediction competition this year is back.

Scoring system is the same as last year. You predict every team’s position and get one point for every position that team finishes away from your prediction. For example, if you predict Barnsley to finish 5th and they finish 8th, you will get 3 points. All the teams are added to the total so the objective is to get as few points as possible.

Any tiebreakers will be decided first by who predicts Town’s position most accurately and then by whose 1st placed predicted team finishes closest to the title, then 2nd place, then 3rd.

Kropotkin is doing the spread sheets so there are a few ground rules

Don’t number teams as 1,2,3 etc or put champions, relegated, just list them in order of your predicted table.

Use the full name of each team as below so it’s easier to pick up on the spreadsheet.

Good luck!

Accrington Stanley
Barnsley
Bolton Wanderers
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby County
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Forest Green Rovers
Ipswich Town
Lincoln City
MK Dons
Morecambe
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Plymouth Argyle
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Sheffield Wednesday
Shrewsbury Town
Wycombe Wanderers

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 08:53 - Jul 28 with 2715 viewsGlasgowBlue

They’ve gone down the Paul Jewell short term route of signing old has beens. I thought you’d put a few quid on them smashing this league? Or at least a cheeky fiver on them having second half of the season play off form? 😂
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 8:59]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 08:58 - Jul 28 with 2698 viewsDanTheMan

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 00:29 - Jul 28 by SteveH

Be interested to hear the methodology on how you generated the numbers, if possible.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 12:47 - Jul 28 with 2553 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 08:53 - Jul 28 by GlasgowBlue

They’ve gone down the Paul Jewell short term route of signing old has beens. I thought you’d put a few quid on them smashing this league? Or at least a cheeky fiver on them having second half of the season play off form? 😂
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 8:59]

...and apparently I'm the one who starts arguments on here!

Anyhoo, nothing wrong with having second half of the season play off form. That's the best time to have it!

Reality is Derby are nothing like Paul Jewell's Ipswich. He wasn't starting with 5 players for one.

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 2514 viewsElephantintheRoom

EADT reports 'supercomputer' prediction on 08:58 - Jul 28 by DanTheMan

Be interested to hear the methodology on how you generated the numbers, if possible.

You suck your finger and then hold it up in the wind.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024