Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry a Celina post ... 10:55 - Jul 22 with 8331 viewsberkstractorboy

So Andy Warren reports in EADT its discussions with Dijon that are the issue but Phil hears it is all good with Dijon and Celina terms the issue. What's the truth as some on here critical of Celina that he doesn't really want to be here choosing Stoke and Turkish club over us. If the reality is it's Dijon we aren't even an option Celina could pick at the moment.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:00 - Jul 22 with 4855 viewsCheltenham_Blue

To be fair. If Dijon need him off their payroll, they’re running out of clubs to send him too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:04 - Jul 22 with 4831 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:00 - Jul 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

To be fair. If Dijon need him off their payroll, they’re running out of clubs to send him too.

As previously, issue hasn't been with Dijon but player terms, which were agreed at the other clubs, hence the further progress of those deals. Possible Town-Dijon terms could be revisited, of course, as their position is no longer as strong with his alternative clubs more limited.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:06 - Jul 22 with 4785 viewsberkstractorboy

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:00 - Jul 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

True and that works in our favour especially if the Celina terms are OK as Andy reports. But if its as Phil says we are no closer subject to what MA does in private to get most transfers sorted.

It's interesting 2 journos with different versions of whats going on.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:07 - Jul 22 with 4748 viewsberkstractorboy

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:04 - Jul 22 by PhilTWTD

As previously, issue hasn't been with Dijon but player terms, which were agreed at the other clubs, hence the further progress of those deals. Possible Town-Dijon terms could be revisited, of course, as their position is no longer as strong with his alternative clubs more limited.

Thanks Phil just need to chill I am sure there is much more to go on this story as we try to get best deal with position changing all the time.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 4733 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If he only comes here as a very last resort, then I'd rather he doesn't join. Its just not a good sign.

We have Chaplin, Aluko, Jackson and Harness amongst others who can play in the roles off the striker.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 4716 viewsVic

As someone with no inside track on this, going by what I see in the media my take is that the ball is in Celina’s court and that he’s looking at where he’ll get the best deal. No idea what that looks like here or elsewhere but it seems pretty obvious to me that we’re not that special to him if he agreed with Stoke and then with the Turkish lot. In fact it’s beginning to feel as though we could be his last option!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:09 - Jul 22 with 4714 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:06 - Jul 22 by berkstractorboy

True and that works in our favour especially if the Celina terms are OK as Andy reports. But if its as Phil says we are no closer subject to what MA does in private to get most transfers sorted.

It's interesting 2 journos with different versions of whats going on.

Presumably Ashton has known of the work permit issue from the get go, and therefore we have a pretty strong negotiating position for somebody who probably wants to play in the UK.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:09 - Jul 22 with 4694 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

As said above it does seem there are two different pieces of briefing going on. Given I trust both Phil and Andy I'd have to assume they have sources that are presenting this in different ways.

I would assume Town and Celina himself would be keen to downplay any sense he's being difficult over wages to avoid damaging his relationship with the fans (particularly given how positive this has been previously).

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:12 - Jul 22 with 4647 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:08 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

If he only comes here as a very last resort, then I'd rather he doesn't join. Its just not a good sign.

We have Chaplin, Aluko, Jackson and Harness amongst others who can play in the roles off the striker.

It's not like Town are a last resort. He wants to come here, just the terms on offer here aren't what's been offered elsewhere.

My reading of it is that all parties want the deal done it's just a case of an accord being reached.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:14 - Jul 22 with 4591 viewsunbelievablue

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:12 - Jul 22 by PhilTWTD

It's not like Town are a last resort. He wants to come here, just the terms on offer here aren't what's been offered elsewhere.

My reading of it is that all parties want the deal done it's just a case of an accord being reached.

If all it's gonna take is a second hand Honda, get it done.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:15 - Jul 22 with 4551 viewsBlueBlood90

Does it sound like we are definitely still pursuing him at the moment then Phil?

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:15 - Jul 22 with 4551 viewsVic

Hmmm - I think you’re being kind Phil! Looks to me like he’ll be happy to come here, but he’d also be happy to go somewhere else if they offered him more dosh.

For me, wanting to be somewhere means that I’d go even if I wasn’t getting as much money.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:16 - Jul 22 with 4529 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:14 - Jul 22 by unbelievablue

Ha! Actually, have we ever done that? Town players as cars? Toyota Celina, Norris Minor etc.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:16 - Jul 22 with 4515 viewsunbelievablue

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:16 - Jul 22 by PhilTWTD

Ha! Actually, have we ever done that? Town players as cars? Toyota Celina, Norris Minor etc.

I'll start a thread.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:17 - Jul 22 with 4496 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:16 - Jul 22 by PhilTWTD

Seat Leon (Best)
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:17 - Jul 22 with 4495 viewsNthQldITFC

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:09 - Jul 22 by Charlie_pl_baxter

As said above it does seem there are two different pieces of briefing going on. Given I trust both Phil and Andy I'd have to assume they have sources that are presenting this in different ways.

I would assume Town and Celina himself would be keen to downplay any sense he's being difficult over wages to avoid damaging his relationship with the fans (particularly given how positive this has been previously).

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:19 - Jul 22 with 4439 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:15 - Jul 22 by BlueBlood90

Does it sound like we are definitely still pursuing him at the moment then Phil?

We still want him, I know that. Obviously there will be other options under consideration if for any reason we don't get him, as there would be with any player, but he's the one we want and are hope to get.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:20 - Jul 22 with 4394 viewsjayessess

It's ultimately all in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?

Dijon have a player on a big wage, which they can't afford and want to get as much of it as possible off their books. A loan deal requires an agreement from us (loan fee, wages), Celina (wage cut) and Dijon (wage subsidy) as to who covers what percentage of that salary. If they can't agree that, then which constitutes the obstacle is entirely a matter of perspective.

All you learn from that article is that the club thinks it's in their interest for Dijon to be seen as the obstacle right now.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:21 - Jul 22 with 4385 viewsberkstractorboy

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:08 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm with you on this he has to want to be here. As Phil says we may not be last resort but 1st choice but we don't know how far apart we are on terms and like has been said many times, he needs to secure the best financial deal for his family.

Just needs sorting for all our sanity but more importantly get him fit to not miss many games at start of season!
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:24 - Jul 22 with 4317 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:15 - Jul 22 by Vic

Hmmm - I think you’re being kind Phil! Looks to me like he’ll be happy to come here, but he’d also be happy to go somewhere else if they offered him more dosh.

For me, wanting to be somewhere means that I’d go even if I wasn’t getting as much money.

I think that's not always realistic. Money does talk regardless of the other attractions of a club. Short career and all that.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:27 - Jul 22 with 4226 viewstractorboy1978

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:24 - Jul 22 by PhilTWTD

I think that's not always realistic. Money does talk regardless of the other attractions of a club. Short career and all that.

Especially when said club is also in L1.
Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:31 - Jul 22 with 4175 viewsStokieBlue

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:15 - Jul 22 by Vic

Would you though?

If someone offered you 5000 a week because you liked the place but someone else offered you 15000 a week I suspect the decision might not be as easy as you are making out, especially for a job that is a pretty short career and one must maximise their income over a short space of time.

This does seem to be a new narrative that is developing over the past few days even though it's clearly not something that frequently replicated in life.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 11:38]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:35 - Jul 22 with 4076 viewsjayessess

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:27 - Jul 22 by tractorboy1978

Especially when said club is also in L1.

People get way too precious about players "wanting to play for the club" really. Every footballer wants to achieve as much as they can during their career. There's no-one at the club who wouldn't go and play for a more successful club for more money if it was on the table for them.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:35 - Jul 22 with 4062 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:31 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

Would you though?

If someone offered you 5000 a week because you liked the place but someone else offered you 15000 a week I suspect the decision might not be as easy as you are making out, especially for a job that is a pretty short career and one must maximise their income over a short space of time.

This does seem to be a new narrative that is developing over the past few days even though it's clearly not something that frequently replicated in life.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 11:38]

But isn't this season another loan anyway. So regardless he would get the same salary?

Also this short career stuff.. I'd get it if they were getting just over minimum wage. But half a mill a year he's been getting. He's already set for life. It's not like there aren't jobs he could do after finishing football. That BTW isn't just about celina really as its something that's said across the sport... but it's a strange one for me. Lingard for example. Short career poor bloke how's he gonna cope if his career stopped next season.... his 2.4mill over 12 months will help im sure. Lol.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 11:40]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:38 - Jul 22 with 4034 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry a Celina post ... on 11:14 - Jul 22 by unbelievablue

Quite. I thought Celina was supposed to like the civic life of Ipswich.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024