Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court 13:30 - Jun 16 with 3438 viewsNthQldITFC

Driver fined £1,100 for passing cyclist in Bridgend too closely

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61815609

Bear in mind, motorised vehicle drivers, that you may well be on camera when you pass us cyclists far too closely (I had someone's wing mirror clear me by about one foot recently, and I'm going to invest in a camera soon) and you might well find yourself a grand lighter for your impatience or lack of concern, that is as long as you're lucky enough not to kill someone.

It might "not make sense" to the stupid old fart in this story, but anyone who's been passed from behind by a couple of tonnes of hurtling metal close enough to lick, will know why it makes sense.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 15:15 - Jun 17 with 479 viewsMattinLondon

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 14:40 - Jun 17 by floridaboy

So they jump red lights for their own safety. Lets hope there isnt a car coming across those lights!!!!

I actually think they do it because they know that it really jars drivers off! And some even think it is a game.

Car drivers clobbered again!

Your last sentence is ridiculous- it’s not all drivers only the absolute bell ends like the one in the video.

Most cyclists are also drivers so I doubt if they really want to jar off car drivers. Cyclists are vulnerable so need extra protection.
Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 17:58 - Jun 17 with 436 viewsElephantintheRoom

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 15:15 - Jun 17 by MattinLondon

Your last sentence is ridiculous- it’s not all drivers only the absolute bell ends like the one in the video.

Most cyclists are also drivers so I doubt if they really want to jar off car drivers. Cyclists are vulnerable so need extra protection.

Absolute tosh. I suggest you spend 5 minutes in Cambridge or indeed any other town/city. You’ll see cyclists disobeying the Highway Code routinely putting themselves and others in danger, riding down one way streets the wrong way m, ignoring red lights and riding after dark with no lights., treating pedestrians and road users with utter contempt

Prat’s in Lycra riding their trophy bikes on country roads are perhaps the worst aspect of this righteous indignation - but the original idiotic poster is clearly blind to reality

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 19:16 - Jun 17 with 418 viewsMattinLondon

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 17:58 - Jun 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Absolute tosh. I suggest you spend 5 minutes in Cambridge or indeed any other town/city. You’ll see cyclists disobeying the Highway Code routinely putting themselves and others in danger, riding down one way streets the wrong way m, ignoring red lights and riding after dark with no lights., treating pedestrians and road users with utter contempt

Prat’s in Lycra riding their trophy bikes on country roads are perhaps the worst aspect of this righteous indignation - but the original idiotic poster is clearly blind to reality

I’ve lived all of my life in big cities or towns - obviously I’ve seen cyclists riding dangerously but I’ve also seen a lot of motorists driving like idiots. Going through red lights, not indicating, exceeding the speed limit and overtaking dangerously.

And like it or not cyclists are a lot more vulnerable than drivers - why is this so hard to understand?

I do wonder why some people have got so angry about the original video - maybe they see a reflection of themselves in that video. An absolute bell end, unable to take responsibility and mouthing excuse after excuse for their bad driving.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 19:44]
Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 19:26 - Jun 17 with 414 viewsNthQldITFC

I do see you though, sport.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 19:52 - Jun 17 with 400 viewsjeera

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 19:26 - Jun 17 by NthQldITFC

I do see you though, sport.

And to use Cambridge as an example is about as biased as one can get.

It's set up for bikes, the centre has always been famous for being packed with bikes.

In that environment that can only be a good thing.

Although I almost took one out once who seemed to have a death wish but there ya go. It happens.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 19:59 - Jun 17 with 398 viewsGeoffSentence

Do you get as angry at car drivers because some go through red lights put other people in danger, drive recklessly or drink drive for instance ?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 20:07 - Jun 17 with 392 viewsjeera

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 15:05 - Jun 17 by Cotty

Although there are plenty of low/zero emission cars that don't have to pay tax, so it's not really about the road.

I literally mentioned emissions. I know. The same as I know VED isn't formally called road tax.

You know full well only vehicles that use the road are subject to VED. Of course it's related to the bloody road. Don't be daft.

It's ridiculous to try to ignore that and doesn't prove anything. The emissions classing is about as new as you can get and has just given an opportunity to reclassify the tiers and the way the money is collected and from whom.

Tax is tax, how it's dressed up isn't relevant is it.

I'm not one of those screaming for taxing bikes, nor would I. Having had some *u*t try it on and denting my car in the process I understandably feel there should be insurance which you clearly agree with, what with being kitted out yourself.

If there weren't witnesses I may have had problems too so went straight out and bought a camera. Still that's off subject I know.

But insurance being a completely different matter altogether to taxing bikes for road use.

Edit: Heck knows what SORN is for. Someone needs to tell those in charge we no longer need to SORN vehicles that are temporarily off the road because tax has nothing to do with using roads. Silly DVLA, if only they knew the truth.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 20:24]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 08:47 - Jun 18 with 316 viewsTractorWood

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 14:06 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

FFS

Why do people take everything so bloody seriously?

Have a day off and live life to the full.

I take it seriously as someone who does thousands of miles on my bike every year and have to think about potentially dying every time I go out on my bike because people can't be bothered to wait 10 seconds and not pass me on a blind corner at 60mph.

Some drivers are enormously considerate and patient. It's really appreciated. In the same breath I'm a motorist and hate pelotons of 30 bikes riding 3 a breast at 30mph. To me this is more psedo-culture war nonsense.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 8:51]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 09:04 - Jun 18 with 296 viewsLeoMuff

Good work, Cardiff Magistrates Court on 08:47 - Jun 18 by TractorWood

I take it seriously as someone who does thousands of miles on my bike every year and have to think about potentially dying every time I go out on my bike because people can't be bothered to wait 10 seconds and not pass me on a blind corner at 60mph.

Some drivers are enormously considerate and patient. It's really appreciated. In the same breath I'm a motorist and hate pelotons of 30 bikes riding 3 a breast at 30mph. To me this is more psedo-culture war nonsense.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 8:51]

This. I also ride 3 to 4 times weekly and probably on average have 3 to 4 cars per ride doing something that puts me at risk, peoples impatience knows no bounds, can’t wait 3 seconds ? Overtake on a blind bend then at 60 mph !
Admittedly I live in a rural area but I could count on one hand cyclist seen breaking rules, whereas cars are two a penny, I would also pull over if was holding up traffic significantly, and move to single file so people can get past…

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024