Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Thompson 15:09 - Jun 13 with 2927 viewsFrimleyBlue

Appears to still be in and around Suffolk still. Of course could just be in no rush to return closer to home. But do you think KM may want to try and keep him?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dominic Thompson on 15:10 - Jun 13 with 2902 viewssuffolkpoker

I thought he got better as the season went on. With a full preseason and he kicks on he will be fine for us.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Dominic Thompson on 15:14 - Jun 13 with 2848 viewsfranz_tyson

Where has he been spotted? Maybe doing the Suffolk tourist thing.
Dominic Thompson on 15:15 - Jun 13 with 2838 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dominic Thompson on 15:14 - Jun 13 by franz_tyson

Where has he been spotted? Maybe doing the Suffolk tourist thing.

Appeared at some fellas club event yesturday and think I saw a tweet about him last week too in the area.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dominic Thompson on 15:17 - Jun 13 with 2819 viewsMeadowlark

Of all the left backs we used last season, I thought Coulson was the best, certainly at getting forward and supporting our attack.
Thomson gave the impression at times that he could not cross with his left foot, as he more often than not stopped his runs or cut back inside.
Not sure whether he's what we want in that position.
Dominic Thompson on 15:24 - Jun 13 with 2742 viewsclive_baker

Dominic Thompson on 15:17 - Jun 13 by Meadowlark

Of all the left backs we used last season, I thought Coulson was the best, certainly at getting forward and supporting our attack.
Thomson gave the impression at times that he could not cross with his left foot, as he more often than not stopped his runs or cut back inside.

Strange old season really, given we used about 6 players at LWB, maybe more.

Kenlock - clearly wasn't going to take us forward, right that he moved on
Clements - I'm the first to give yoof a chance but thought he was poor, tbh
KVY - can do a job but I wouldn't say he should be the one starting there. Perhaps cover for both sides off the bench
Penney - Physically very weak, not a fan
Coulson - looked good, but prone to injury and didn't see anywhere near enough of him as a result
Thompson - OK, did show glimpses of having something about him but a few dodgy moments too. I wouldn't be against him coming back for another season

Feels like forever ago that we had someone there that you really could hang your hat on. Ward started OK and was a very mature head, but flagged as the season went on. Probably have to go back to Knudsen, and even he was frustrating at times.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dominic Thompson on 15:35 - Jun 13 with 2643 viewsjayessess

Dominic Thompson on 15:24 - Jun 13 by clive_baker

KVY - can do a job but I wouldn't say he should be the one starting there. Perhaps cover for both sides off the bench
Coulson - looked good, but prone to injury and didn't see anywhere near enough of him as a result
Thompson - OK, did show glimpses of having something about him but a few dodgy moments too. I wouldn't be against him coming back for another season

Feels like forever ago that we had someone there that you really could hang your hat on. Ward started OK and was a very mature head, but flagged as the season went on. Probably have to go back to Knudsen, and even he was frustrating at times.

Thompson was weird defensively. Statistically, our best player in terms of winning the ball off the opposition, but it felt like every error he committed ended in a goal.

Offensively, despite never going past his man, misplacing a lot of passes and regularly turning down the opportunity to cross early, he still created a lot of shooting opportunities and completed a lot of passes.

Enigma!
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 15:36]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dominic Thompson on 15:57 - Jun 13 with 2453 viewsChurchman

It’s not the best list in the world is it. It’s clear that here and another forward is where the priority lies.
Dominic Thompson on 15:59 - Jun 13 with 2409 viewschicoazul

Dominic Thompson on 15:35 - Jun 13 by jayessess

Thompson was weird defensively. Statistically, our best player in terms of winning the ball off the opposition, but it felt like every error he committed ended in a goal.

Offensively, despite never going past his man, misplacing a lot of passes and regularly turning down the opportunity to cross early, he still created a lot of shooting opportunities and completed a lot of passes.

Enigma!
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 15:36]

Sounds like a player from a higher level who has been taught never to give the ball away if he can avoid it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Dominic Thompson on 16:10 - Jun 13 with 2291 viewsJakeITFC

I hope so, clearly a good player.

Also a fair chance that we don't start the season with the same formation next year?
Dominic Thompson on 16:25 - Jun 13 with 2180 viewsKieran_Knows

I’d certainly take him back on a permanent deal.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dominic Thompson on 16:36 - Jun 13 with 2098 viewsBseaBlue

Dominic Thompson on 16:25 - Jun 13 by Kieran_Knows

I’d certainly take him back on a permanent deal.

Me too! It's a very fine balancing act isn't it. Thompson did a great job of effectively tucking in when Burns was pushing on and we then become more of a back 4 than a standard 3. If we go for a more attacking left wing back, does that then hinder Burns pushing on in this Mckenna style?
Dominic Thompson on 16:48 - Jun 13 with 2020 viewsTractor_Boy_in_HK

Dominic Thompson on 15:57 - Jun 13 by Churchman

It’s not the best list in the world is it. It’s clear that here and another forward is where the priority lies.

Agree. He didn't impress me, and came across as a hothead with a short fuse.
Dominic Thompson on 17:18 - Jun 13 with 1898 viewsPioneerBlue

For defensive strength he is a good option tested at D1 level with capacity to move upwards.

From what we saw it would not answer the lack of left sided creatively but he could with time plus it would give us a back 4 solution, however we would still need that left sided attacking player to complete the picture.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Dominic Thompson on 17:45 - Jun 13 with 1798 viewsArnieM

I really hope we don’t sign him . I wasn’t impressed at all with him and as for being a wing back , forget it .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dominic Thompson on 17:52 - Jun 13 with 1754 viewsgosblue

Dominic Thompson on 17:18 - Jun 13 by PioneerBlue

For defensive strength he is a good option tested at D1 level with capacity to move upwards.

From what we saw it would not answer the lack of left sided creatively but he could with time plus it would give us a back 4 solution, however we would still need that left sided attacking player to complete the picture.

I agree. For balance you can’t repeat down the left what you have down the right. That would leave one CB on his own. We need a left sided no.10. We tried Norwood and Celina, neither of whom were the answer. Jackson did ok but got injured. Like Thompson, Donacien, (one of our best players last season) often passed up the chance to get an early cross in. Burns would often shoot rather than try to pick out a colleague. I think that shows a lack of trust in the abilities of the forwards to get on the end of things rather than the capabilities of our wide players.
Dominic Thompson on 17:54 - Jun 13 with 1740 viewsPablo_Counago

I think a lot of people are forgetting that he's only 21. The potential for him to grow as a player is there.

For the mistakes he made there were also elements of a good player in there and I think it would be wise to sign him up and develop him
Dominic Thompson on 18:06 - Jun 13 with 1669 viewsfranz_tyson

Dominic Thompson on 17:54 - Jun 13 by Pablo_Counago

I think a lot of people are forgetting that he's only 21. The potential for him to grow as a player is there.

For the mistakes he made there were also elements of a good player in there and I think it would be wise to sign him up and develop him

We need to get out of this division. How many players can we afford to bring in and develop? We're not an under 23 or development team... Mckenna's not a youth coach anymore.
We need to bring in players who can both fit in and hit the ground running. However much development is possible with Thompson, I can't see him developing the ability to skin a full-back and put crosses in. He looks just a LB.
Dominic Thompson on 18:08 - Jun 13 with 1661 viewsBlue_Heath

Dominic Thompson on 15:17 - Jun 13 by Meadowlark

Spot on.
Dominic Thompson on 18:24 - Jun 13 with 1587 viewsJimmyJazz

Was that whenever he took a throw in?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Dominic Thompson on 19:04 - Jun 13 with 1470 viewsVeggie

And he has blue highlights in his hair now as opposed to red…

Dominic Thompson on 19:20 - Jun 13 with 1410 viewsibbleobble

No.
Dominic Thompson on 10:07 - Jun 14 with 964 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dominic Thompson on 19:04 - Jun 13 by Veggie

And he has blue highlights in his hair now as opposed to red…

That kid has got a weird face. No wonder he's a Town fan.
No point being anything else looking like that.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Dominic Thompson on 10:12 - Jun 14 with 935 viewstextbackup

I liked him to be honest, certainly has some fight in him.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dominic Thompson on 10:14 - Jun 14 with 919 viewsmarkchips

Agree totally with this.

He was the best of a bad lot and at least would fit straight in. There is a lot to be said for that. Look at the disaster we had last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024