Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you think of the Aguero statue? 16:00 - May 13 with 1538 viewsunstableblue

I much prefer our Beattie memorial

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61436765

Who would you have next?

Mariner obvious choice - perhaps in the iconic Admiral England kit
I would love our dutch duo of Muhren and Thujssen with the UEFA cup

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFVR8mxWAAAVYAh.jpg:large

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:03 - May 13 with 1501 viewsMookamoo

Next one will be Mills and the FA Cup.

Lets hope it will be a while yet
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:07 - May 13 with 1491 viewsSTYG

It does seem to be surprising how many of these bad statues pop up.

If I had never seen Aguero before, I'd say the statue is great. But it doesn't look anything like him and even the pose is not exactly right. It looks exactly like Tony Kroos.

Sean Hedges (can't recall his full name) did an amazing job with Alf and Bobby. I don't think the Beat is as good but it's still very good.

Clubs like City can surely afford to hire someone with a proven track record of making the thing look like the person it's supposed to. A permanent reminder to the greatest moment in their history for basically the richest club in the world and the statue doesn't look like the person it's supposed to look like. How?
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:08 - May 13 with 1479 viewsIllinoisblue

No. More. Statues.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:10 - May 13 with 1471 viewsMookamoo

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:07 - May 13 by STYG

It does seem to be surprising how many of these bad statues pop up.

If I had never seen Aguero before, I'd say the statue is great. But it doesn't look anything like him and even the pose is not exactly right. It looks exactly like Tony Kroos.

Sean Hedges (can't recall his full name) did an amazing job with Alf and Bobby. I don't think the Beat is as good but it's still very good.

Clubs like City can surely afford to hire someone with a proven track record of making the thing look like the person it's supposed to. A permanent reminder to the greatest moment in their history for basically the richest club in the world and the statue doesn't look like the person it's supposed to look like. How?

Sean Hedges-Quinn
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:23 - May 13 with 1432 viewsFtnfwest

I think we have enough now, i can see maybe some sort of tribute to players involved in major trophy wins being commemorated with some sort of display internally in the future - maybe in a new facility on the purchased bit of land or as part of the existing internal areas, a bit like the pillars idea but better...
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:29 - May 13 with 1410 viewsIllinoisblue

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:23 - May 13 by Ftnfwest

I think we have enough now, i can see maybe some sort of tribute to players involved in major trophy wins being commemorated with some sort of display internally in the future - maybe in a new facility on the purchased bit of land or as part of the existing internal areas, a bit like the pillars idea but better...

Yes. Should have kept it at just Ramsey and Robson. Legends for club and country and worthy of statues. Great player though he was, does Beattie deserve more recognition than Crawford? Or Mills? Or Wark?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:40 - May 13 with 1390 viewsMartus

I think the Aguero one is a better likeness than our Beatie statue though.

The leaping pose is the only thing that saves it

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:43 - May 13 with 1377 viewsPhilTWTD

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:29 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

Yes. Should have kept it at just Ramsey and Robson. Legends for club and country and worthy of statues. Great player though he was, does Beattie deserve more recognition than Crawford? Or Mills? Or Wark?

It's not an unfair point, but the players themselves felt he was the best among them, the best of the best era.
Login to get fewer ads

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:44 - May 13 with 1364 viewsVeggie

I can’t imagine that any United fans would take advantage of the open mouth and place any items within it for japes
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:44 - May 13 with 1363 viewsSTYG

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:29 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

Beattie is fine.

The fans voted him the best player to ever play for the club. In my opinion that is John Wark with Beattie second.

But it's fine to have a statue to the greatest player we have had on the basis that we'd need to be one of the best teams in Europe again before Beat was ever overtaken.

But that should be it now. Two legendary managers that gave us the three stars and the best player as voted for by the fans. Anyone else should be a mural or painting or poster.
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:48 - May 13 with 1351 viewsSTYG

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:40 - May 13 by Martus

I think the Aguero one is a better likeness than our Beatie statue though.

The leaping pose is the only thing that saves it

I can only assume you've never seen Beattie or Aguero then lol.

The Beattie one was a weird one because I didn't think it screamed Beattie facially, given that Robson and Ramsey looked like they'd actually been frozen and covered in metallic paint, but Beattie's daughters all said it looked exactly like him and they are quite frankly better judges.

Did I recall seeing the issue was they took hair from one era and the tash from another, so it never really looked like the Beattie we remember from photos?
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:50 - May 13 with 1349 viewsgtsb1966

If you suffer from Trypophobia, I do , it's horrific. Google it and select images. I bet it will make a few of you feel uneasy.
[Post edited 13 May 2022 16:56]
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 17:09 - May 13 with 1276 viewsPerublue

I have to admit my first glance at an image of it before I knew what and who it was it looked like someone with a fly swat trying to swat one....I had just woken up mind and my eyes were blurry

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 17:12 - May 13 with 1262 viewsPerublue

...oh and Johnny Wark without a doubt for me for a statue.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 17:20 - May 13 with 1237 viewsNthQldITFC

Isn't there a Star Trek species that looks like that! Made up of little chips of something. I also thought he had a Mohican when I first looked at it. It's a wrong 'un for me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 17:22 - May 13 with 1233 viewsPJH

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:43 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

It's not an unfair point, but the players themselves felt he was the best among them, the best of the best era.

For me The Beat was, is and always will be the greatest of our greats.

As you say, he was held in high esteem by those who played with him, some of them also being greats.
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 17:30 - May 13 with 1205 viewsdominiciawful

Even if Beattie's face might look more like Allan Hunter's, our three statues are absolutely brilliant and better than pretty much every other football statue in the country. Some of them are garbage. We are fortunate to have such a talented sculptor as a Town fan.

In time, I hope we recognise Crawford and Phillips, Mills, Wark, Mariner, Burley, etc. in some way beyond what we already have. Some kind of plaque/s, perhaps. A bit like this of Bob Paisley:

Oh, and the Man City "statues" are gash.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 18:02 - May 13 with 1128 viewsFtnfwest

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 17:22 - May 13 by PJH

For me The Beat was, is and always will be the greatest of our greats.

As you say, he was held in high esteem by those who played with him, some of them also being greats.

Happy with the 3 we have. I think it might be nice to have some sort of hall of fame for the prominent players over the years but that could just be plaques within the boundaries of the ground somewhere
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 18:59 - May 13 with 1046 viewsronnyd

To me, there are far too many awards, be it gongs, knighthoods, damehoods etc, for winning races or tournaments, which is basically people doing their jobs.
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 19:22 - May 13 with 984 viewsFrimleyBlue

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 16:08 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

No. More. Statues.

I was surprised that the back of the Sir Bobby is full of 'highlights' of previous seasons rather than having previous greats all around the stadium. Replacing for example that first one which I think is the sheff wed game and Bonnes goal which was funny yes but not exactly legend making.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 06:47 - May 14 with 758 viewsVeggie

What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 19:22 - May 13 by FrimleyBlue

I was surprised that the back of the Sir Bobby is full of 'highlights' of previous seasons rather than having previous greats all around the stadium. Replacing for example that first one which I think is the sheff wed game and Bonnes goal which was funny yes but not exactly legend making.

Didn’t know they showed that on ifollow.
What do you think of the Aguero statue? on 10:56 - May 14 with 661 viewsHighgateBlue

I think statues of living people are a bad thing in general. Nothing against Aguero, but really... Are they not idolised enough on a Saturday afternoon as it is?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024