Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin 10:35 - May 6 with 4577 viewsITFC_RDM

Available on a free.... Any takers?
Charlie Austin on 10:38 - May 6 with 3339 viewsOsborneOneNil

He was decent 5 years ago.
Charlie Austin on 10:41 - May 6 with 3311 viewsITFC_RDM

Charlie Austin on 10:38 - May 6 by OsborneOneNil

He was decent 5 years ago.

We are in league 1 though. I think he probably needs the step down, but could be our missing link. He certainly knows where the goal is. The one thing we've really lacked.
Charlie Austin on 10:47 - May 6 with 3255 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I probably would, yeah. If we get another striker as well.
Charlie Austin on 10:48 - May 6 with 3254 viewsKieran_Knows

Ffs, absolutely not.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Charlie Austin on 10:48 - May 6 with 3255 viewsjayessess

Charlie Austin on 10:41 - May 6 by ITFC_RDM

We are in league 1 though. I think he probably needs the step down, but could be our missing link. He certainly knows where the goal is. The one thing we've really lacked.

He'd be an outrageously good signing for someone at our level. I don't think he'd fit what McKenna is looking for in a striker though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Charlie Austin on 11:14 - May 6 with 3114 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Charlie Austin on 10:48 - May 6 by Kieran_Knows

Ffs, absolutely not.

Exactly, he had his chance with us when we had him in the boardroom and Clegg offered two packets of wine gums and then upped the offer to include a packet of prawn cocktail Walkers and a Toffee Crisp.

Fk him.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Charlie Austin on 11:23 - May 6 with 3064 viewsITFC_Forever

No way.

His time has been and gone many moons ago - excellent in his day, but not now.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Charlie Austin on 11:36 - May 6 with 2992 viewscressi

Charlie Austin on 11:23 - May 6 by ITFC_Forever

No way.

His time has been and gone many moons ago - excellent in his day, but not now.

What about Dwight Gayle
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin on 11:39 - May 6 with 2967 viewsusm

Charlie Austin on 11:14 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Exactly, he had his chance with us when we had him in the boardroom and Clegg offered two packets of wine gums and then upped the offer to include a packet of prawn cocktail Walkers and a Toffee Crisp.

Fk him.

Jesus, he turned that down???

Probably the prawn cocktail crisps, should have gone for Smoky Bacon and he'd have shot us to the promised land

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Charlie Austin on 11:40 - May 6 with 2966 viewshoppy

Fk him.

It was a grab bag as well…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Charlie Austin on 11:40 - May 6 with 2967 viewsKieran_Knows

Fk him.

What is it with these outrageous suggestions this morning? As I said on another thread, we played our best football with Jackson in the team using his pace to stretch teams, yet we've got people suggesting the likes of Sam Vokes who's only ever been a target man in his career and a 32 year old Charlie fricken Austin.

Charlie Austin on 11:42 - May 6 with 2946 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Charlie Austin on 11:40 - May 6 by Kieran_Knows

What is it with these outrageous suggestions this morning? As I said on another thread, we played our best football with Jackson in the team using his pace to stretch teams, yet we've got people suggesting the likes of Sam Vokes who's only ever been a target man in his career and a 32 year old Charlie fricken Austin.

No football = Silly season.

Roll with the punches, it'll only get worse. Tough summer for you if its getting on your goat already.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Charlie Austin on 11:44 - May 6 with 2940 viewsIpswichKnight

It’s almost like some of our fans have forgotten that Evans has gone and we no longer need to get in journeymen, hasbeens and sick notes.
Charlie Austin on 11:44 - May 6 with 2939 viewsKieran_Knows

Charlie Austin on 11:42 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Roll with the punches, it'll only get worse. Tough summer for you if its getting on your goat already.

See you on the 30th July!

Charlie Austin on 11:46 - May 6 with 2928 viewsitfctilidie

The most outrageous suggestion is Kayden Jackson - We are in league 1 - what consistent pacey finisher are you suggesting we go for? Think you need to be realistic pal.
Charlie Austin on 11:48 - May 6 with 2898 viewsKieran_Knows

Charlie Austin on 11:46 - May 6 by itfctilidie

The most outrageous suggestion is Kayden Jackson - We are in league 1 - what consistent pacey finisher are you suggesting we go for? Think you need to be realistic pal.

I'm not suggesting that Jackson is the answer, far from it. My point is that we played our best football when we used his pace in behind. If you think a 32 year old target man in Vokes or Austin are suited to this new style we play, there is no hope.

We have a manager who has contacts at some of the best Prem academies, and an assistant manager who has contacts all over South America and you don't think we can attract people better than Austin? Did you not see the quality of player we attracted from the Championship last season?
[Post edited 6 May 2022 11:49]

Charlie Austin on 11:54 - May 6 with 2848 viewsitfctilidie

Charlie Austin on 11:48 - May 6 by Kieran_Knows

I'm not suggesting that Jackson is the answer, far from it. My point is that we played our best football when we used his pace in behind. If you think a 32 year old target man in Vokes or Austin are suited to this new style we play, there is no hope.

We have a manager who has contacts at some of the best Prem academies, and an assistant manager who has contacts all over South America and you don't think we can attract people better than Austin? Did you not see the quality of player we attracted from the Championship last season?
[Post edited 6 May 2022 11:49]

What we signed last summer is similar in calibre to both Austin and Vokes who both had premiership experience. We finished 11th, we hardly signed a bunch of world beaters.

The South American link is interesting but can any of them work with Brexit? I genuinely don't know the answer to that.

I am sure there are some young strikers in academies which we could go for - but there would be no harm adding a Vokes / Austin type striker to the books in addition to that, in my opinion - there would be certain times when a player like that would come in handy in this league
Charlie Austin on 11:55 - May 6 with 2847 viewsjayessess

Charlie Austin on 11:44 - May 6 by IpswichKnight

It’s almost like some of our fans have forgotten that Evans has gone and we no longer need to get in journeymen, hasbeens and sick notes.

I mean, even with a fair bit of money it's not like we're never going to sign any veteran players ever again, is it?

Bit weird to consider this sort of transfer wildly out of the question when within the last 12 months we've signed Sone Aluko (older than Austin, less prolific overall career), Macauley Bonne (who was 3 places behind Austin in QPR's pecking order) and Tom Carroll (an absolute sicknote, also let go by QPR).

I don't think we'd chuck a lot of money at a back-to-goal target man when we're clearly after a run-the-channels speedster, but still it's not that outlandish.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Charlie Austin on 12:02 - May 6 with 2815 viewsKieran_Knows

Charlie Austin on 11:54 - May 6 by itfctilidie

What we signed last summer is similar in calibre to both Austin and Vokes who both had premiership experience. We finished 11th, we hardly signed a bunch of world beaters.

The South American link is interesting but can any of them work with Brexit? I genuinely don't know the answer to that.

I am sure there are some young strikers in academies which we could go for - but there would be no harm adding a Vokes / Austin type striker to the books in addition to that, in my opinion - there would be certain times when a player like that would come in handy in this league

I'm not sure that's true, is it? We signed;
Penney - 24 - released by Shef Wed.
Harper - 22 - signed from West Brom recently relegated from Prem.
Edmundson - 24 - signed from Scottish Champions, Rangers.
Burns - 27 - signed from League 1 Fleetwood.
Evans - 27 - signed from League 1 Wigan.
Pigott - 28 - signed from League 1 Wimbledon.
Chaplin - 25 - signed from Championship Barnsley.
Aluko - 33 - released from Reading.
Burgess - 26 - signed from League 1 Accrington.
Walton - 26 - signed from Premier League Brighton.
Edwards - 24 - signed from West Brom (released).
Hladky - 31 - signed from League 2 Salford.
Morsy - 30 - signed from Championship Middlesbrough.

Not many of them had Prem experience, if any at all.

Not sure, Ashton didn't seem to fussed about it when he was questioned a few weeks back by (can't remember) if it was Phil or Watson on one of their podcasts.

Charlie Austin on 12:06 - May 6 with 2770 viewsdavblue

Charlie Austin on 10:48 - May 6 by Kieran_Knows

Ffs, absolutely not.

i've not seen him play for a few years and it would depend on his knee's as if i recall rightly he's had issues with them and what his appetite is for the game still.

I wouldn't be totally adverse to it. Not as a starter but some experience and knowhow from the bench in tight games.
Charlie Austin on 12:08 - May 6 with 2752 viewsNthQldITFC

Charlie Austin on 11:42 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

May I refer you to Norman Stanley Fletcher on the subjects of getting and goats. And noses and wicks too, for that matter.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079738/characters/nm0065764

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Charlie Austin on 12:21 - May 6 with 2673 viewsTomTheWriter

If this was 2017 I would have said yes, but it's not. We've just got rid of a striker who offered more than Charlie Austin did this season in a lot less games. For any more proof of that, take a look at Austin's dashboard from this season. A McKenna striker should be in the greens for the passing section, because he will want someone capable of creating as well as scoring.

Oh, and here is Norwood for comparison

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Charlie Austin on 12:22 - May 6 with 2663 viewsITFC_RDM

I didn't suggest we should sign him.... but it's certainly not a silly suggestion. pretty logical really. We need a couple of strikers.... he's an out of contract championship striker and we are in L1. far from outrageous I'd say. so get back in your box!
Charlie Austin on 12:26 - May 6 with 2618 viewswkj

Charlie Austin on 12:21 - May 6 by TomTheWriter

If this was 2017 I would have said yes, but it's not. We've just got rid of a striker who offered more than Charlie Austin did this season in a lot less games. For any more proof of that, take a look at Austin's dashboard from this season. A McKenna striker should be in the greens for the passing section, because he will want someone capable of creating as well as scoring.

I know a lot liked Norwood on here, but calling him St James Norwood is a bit much.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Charlie Austin on 12:27 - May 6 with 2616 viewsclive_baker

Charlie Austin on 12:21 - May 6 by TomTheWriter

Not sure you can make a direct comparison between 2 players that are operating at different levels, especially when the calibre of opponent is so different. I'm sure Clarke-Harris will be a handful again in L1 for example, but he didn't tear up any trees in the Championship. You could argue that our best forward by way of return (Bonne) was ahead of Norwood but evidently way behind Austin in the QPR pecking order.

Point remains that I can't seeing him being a signing KM would be looking to make.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024