Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating 15:28 - Mar 22 with 9691 viewsitfcjoe

Well worth a listen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:17 - Mar 22 with 521 viewsjayessess

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:11 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

Why has race got to come into it? He's an ex player who's managed an u23 side, without any successes whilst doing so and has had 2 very experienced ex players and managers assisting him ( co managing? )... just because they'd be a national league club, doesn't mean they're just going to give Dyer a chance because he once played football at a high level.
Let alone his health problems, which whilst good at present, when that call comes, he's got to take time out.

Race comes into it because opportunities for Black rookie managers are incredibly rare and incredibly common for ex-England players, even some who seem self-evidently unsuitable (Paul Merson for instance).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:21 - Mar 22 with 519 viewsjas0999

Plenty to agree and disagree on. The reality is the new owners want to buy their way out of the league and have invested heavily in the squad at the expense of the youngsters. Arguably, under KM this is a good call. KD does need to move on to broaden his career. Again, sadly he wasn’t ready for this job and although we will never know, unlikely he would have done a good a job as KM.

Wish him well.
The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:25 - Mar 22 with 480 viewsFrimleyBlue

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:15 - Mar 22 by GlasgowBlue

As he reminded us in the interview, he was part of the golden generation. His white contemporaries such as Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and Neville have walked into high profile jobs despite having no managerial experience.

His black contemporaries have had to go down the route of being pundits. Black ex players are disproportionately underrepresented.

It's definately a problem overall I agree and one we all hope does move inline with exactly how this world we live in is getting better albeit slowly with it's diversity.

I do feel in this situation though there are warranted reasons that he wouldn't be considered. But hope once he's had his op etc he will go on and manage.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:27 - Mar 22 with 477 viewshype313

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:21 - Mar 22 by jas0999

Plenty to agree and disagree on. The reality is the new owners want to buy their way out of the league and have invested heavily in the squad at the expense of the youngsters. Arguably, under KM this is a good call. KD does need to move on to broaden his career. Again, sadly he wasn’t ready for this job and although we will never know, unlikely he would have done a good a job as KM.

Wish him well.

Yep, I actually think after digesting the Interview, that KD is right to leave, his love and passion for the club is without question, but I do wonder if he is too emotionally attached to the club which could cloud his judgment.

If he can find himself a role elsewhere once he's had his op, in an environment where he isn't a club legend could actually be a blessing in disguise for him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:28 - Mar 22 with 473 viewsjayessess

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 21:25 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

It's definately a problem overall I agree and one we all hope does move inline with exactly how this world we live in is getting better albeit slowly with it's diversity.

I do feel in this situation though there are warranted reasons that he wouldn't be considered. But hope once he's had his op etc he will go on and manage.

Thing is, there were good reasons not to give any of those other guys the jobs they got. Nevertheless...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The Dyer interview with Statman is fascinating on 22:31 - Mar 22 with 398 viewsitfcsuth

Great listen. Top bloke Dyer - clearly loves ITFC.

No major story here though, just has a difference in opinion regarding the academy structure it would seem.

It happens it work environments. Wish him all the very best and I have no doubt he will have a terrific coaching career.

Hope to see him back one day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024