Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? 19:18 - Feb 5 with 1694 viewsdominiciawful

6.1 vs Pigott's 5.0

I thought Chaplin was pretty terrible before he got the goal. Pigott put in some really good hold-up play with little service/assistance.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:23 - Feb 5 with 1647 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Maybe some voters thought him putting the ball in the net was a fairly important part of the match? Others seem to suggest there was too much of a gap between midfield and the strikers and that Pigott did not offer very good movement.

I didn't see the match so haven't voted and can't really say.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:24 - Feb 5 with 1641 viewsmonty_radio

Goals win you friends?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:25 - Feb 5 with 1633 viewsjayessess

You're kidding? Pigott probably put in the worst centre forward performance we've had all season. He can't have successfully retained possession for us under pressure more than once or twice all game.

Chaplin was Chaplin, he gave the ball away a lot with some daft flicks, but he scored, which is what he does.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:28 - Feb 5 with 1614 viewsScuzzer

I have yet to see what Piggott actually brings to the game. Woefully inadequate as a striker.

Established 1968

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:34 - Feb 5 with 1584 viewsclive_baker

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:25 - Feb 5 by jayessess

You're kidding? Pigott probably put in the worst centre forward performance we've had all season. He can't have successfully retained possession for us under pressure more than once or twice all game.

Chaplin was Chaplin, he gave the ball away a lot with some daft flicks, but he scored, which is what he does.

He’s the archetypal donkey ‘big man’ centre forward. He’s like a sh1t James Scowcroft. Looked way off the pace, perhaps forgivable given his lack of football of late but I can’t see that he suits our style at all tbh.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:45 - Feb 5 with 1533 viewsRegencyBlue

I thought Pigott was pretty poor. He looked off the pace and ring rusty, which is understandable given how little first team football he’s played I guess.

Having said that I didn’t rate Chaplin overall today either. He scored the goal but gave the ball away a lot otherwise.

Generally a bad day at the office. We dodged a bullet and no mistake!
How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:48 - Feb 5 with 1504 viewsborge

Piggott is Marmite. There's a very good player in there, but he needs a proper run of games in front of a creative midfield. Loads of people getting on his back today whilst others seem to think he had a good game. Thought he was generally poor, but really not helped by the ineptitude of most of the midfield.
How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:49 - Feb 5 with 1492 viewsCuffy81

I thought Chaplin was very poor, poor touch, turned into trouble, wanted too many touches. Only piece of quality was the finish for the goal. The number 10 is a key position in this formation

Piggott has absolutely zero service to his feet which is his strength, when we did get it to him he was surrounded by defenders, though he should have done better with his headed chance. Needs a run of games
Login to get fewer ads

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:51 - Feb 5 with 1480 viewsjayessess

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:34 - Feb 5 by clive_baker

He’s the archetypal donkey ‘big man’ centre forward. He’s like a sh1t James Scowcroft. Looked way off the pace, perhaps forgivable given his lack of football of late but I can’t see that he suits our style at all tbh.

Yeah, difference being that Scowcroft had a lovely first touch and an eye for a pass. Slow strikers really have to bring something else, be it strength and touch, link play, fantastic movement or consistent finishing. I can't see that he's got any of that.

It's all very well saying "he hasn't had a run of games" but you just aren't going to get 5 games to warm up. Being able to produce something when you get your opportunity is part of the gig.

Bonne back in asap, for me.

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:53 - Feb 5 with 1468 viewsITFC1977

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:34 - Feb 5 by clive_baker

He is a donkey that scored 20 goals last season, I agree he looked bad today but did James scowcroft ever score 20 in a season or anywhere close?
How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 20:01 - Feb 5 with 1442 viewsITFC_Forever

Impossible to judge Piggot & Norwood today as they had zero service.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 20:04 - Feb 5 with 1433 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair, a poor Scowcroft would be a cracking player to have at this level.

On the highlights, Pigott had one header that he put over. I suspect he needs more service but also a more direct style than we are currently adopting. I wonder if it is something we could have as a plan B if we are chasing a game.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 20:07 - Feb 5 with 1421 viewsDinDjarin

Chaplin had a stinker today apart from the goal and I thought Piggot had a decent game albeit with little to no service.
How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 20:18 - Feb 5 with 1381 viewsjayessess

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 20:01 - Feb 5 by ITFC_Forever

Impossible to judge Piggot & Norwood today as they had zero service.

We can judge that every time he did get the ball he tripped over himself, can't we?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 20:20]

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 21:33 - Feb 5 with 1246 viewsGarv

Chaplin isn't all that great to watch in general open play. He's not a Celina type despite playing in a similar position. He tries a lot of one touch stuff that doesn't work. As a creator Celina is streets ahead of him.

But he's got a very nice knack of coming alive in the box and twotting the ball into the goal. Based on that you can see why he plays.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 21:58 - Feb 5 with 1198 viewsSarge

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:53 - Feb 5 by ITFC1977

He is a donkey that scored 20 goals last season, I agree he looked bad today but did James scowcroft ever score 20 in a season or anywhere close?

I don’t know how anyone can have watched the game today and out of the two strikers picked Pigott to single out for criticism.
How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 22:05 - Feb 5 with 1182 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 21:58 - Feb 5 by Sarge

I don’t know how anyone can have watched the game today and out of the two strikers picked Pigott to single out for criticism.

He really struggled today but he always had two defenders on him. Lots of cynical shirt pulling etc that you get at this level. The service was awful too. That said it’s hard to see how he managed 20+ goals last season. Be surprised if he’s not shipped out in the summer.
How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 22:32 - Feb 5 with 1144 viewsLankHenners

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 19:25 - Feb 5 by jayessess

Bit OTT. Unfortunately don't think it's going to work out for him here which isn't all down to him but to come away from today and slag him off like some are in this thread is a bit bizarre imo.

Barely anyone was above a 5/10 today, just poor all round.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 22:35 - Feb 5 with 1132 viewsDavoIPB

Chaplin was really good for the first 20minutes of the game. He was our standout player. Pigott was awful
No touch. Lost the ball every time it went to him. Norwood was non existent. Evans passing was terrible. Carrol had some good moments but no forward momentum. Thompson is an average left back at this level and carries no threat going forward. Burns great in attack but cannot defend. Edmundson having a bad run. Thought wolfenden was mom by a mile. Donacian played well and Walton solid as usual.

Desperately need to start playing our best players which are

Celina, Aluko, Morsy, Bonne and Burns,

Edwards carried a threat going forward and Thompson seems happier with him in front.

Thought we adapted well to see the game out but not really liking MK's style of play.
How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 10:16 - Feb 6 with 896 viewsjayessess

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 22:32 - Feb 5 by LankHenners

Bit OTT. Unfortunately don't think it's going to work out for him here which isn't all down to him but to come away from today and slag him off like some are in this thread is a bit bizarre imo.

Barely anyone was above a 5/10 today, just poor all round.

Probably a bit OTT on reflection, yes. Just a bit frustrating that people decided to build him up in absentia and then ignore what actually happened in front of their eyes yesterday as a result. We've started Pigott on multiple occasions and he's never looked effective.

How is Chaplin the second-best outfield player on the ratings? on 10:27 - Feb 6 with 883 viewsBiGDonnie

Really?

That may have been the worst performance from an Ipswich striker I've ever seen from Piggot. Bonne back into the 11 on Tuesday.

Chaplin did have a bad game before the goal but won us the three points so deserves the higher rating.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024