Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed 16:47 - Dec 16 with 3913 viewsMaySixth

but I genuinely hope I am wrong and I wish Keiran McKenna the greatest success at Ipswich Town Football Club.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:51 - Dec 16 with 2964 viewsitfcsuth

Nobody can know whether he will succeed or not. Managers have gone to clubs with great records a failed, managers have gone with poorer and succeeded.

David Moyes is a great example, failed at his first attempt at West Ham, massively succeeded at his second attempt. Sometimes it's just the right fit, at the right time, with the right players.

He comes with a prestigious coaching background as an assistant, let's see if he can do it as a head coach.

I wish him the best of luck in the world, and of course has my full backing.
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:52 - Dec 16 with 2953 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No more risky than the previous Apts have proven to be.

All appointments have been risky. Grow some balls.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:53 - Dec 16 with 2940 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our 3 most successful managers had very little experience and no record of success...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:54 - Dec 16 with 2883 viewsBlueBlood90

I don't see it as a huge gamble at present really. What is there to lose between now and May? We're hardly in a great position to start from and I'm sure if he isn't cutting the mustard then he'll soon be shown the exit in the same way Cook was.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:55 - Dec 16 with 2881 viewsCokeIsKey

Better than the incompetent sh!tshow under Cook regardless.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:57 - Dec 16 with 2842 viewsitfcsuth

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:53 - Dec 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Our 3 most successful managers had very little experience and no record of success...

Saw a good stat that he will become our second youngest ever managerial appointment.

1st - Sir Alf
2nd - Kieran McKenna
3rd - Sir Bobby
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:57 - Dec 16 with 2841 viewsCoastalblue

Who would you propose that wouldn't be a risk?

I know little about him aside from what I've gleaned on here, but if he's a decent coach that alone is something we've being crying out for.

It may be that once he's in place and has his feet under the table, assuming it's going OK we'll get a DOF or similar in.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:58 - Dec 16 with 2826 viewsParisBlue

At least its something different. I like the idea of uncovering the next big thing, not relying on someone who was good 5 years ago.

Of course it's a risk but it always is.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:00 - Dec 16 with 2759 viewsRadioOrwell

Thanks for that chuckles and a happy christmas to you too x
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:01 - Dec 16 with 2747 viewsSwansea_Blue

Every appointment is risky. At least some thought appears to have gone into this one.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:03 - Dec 16 with 2704 viewsmarkchips

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:52 - Dec 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

No more risky than the previous Apts have proven to be.

All appointments have been risky. Grow some balls.

I don't think the large testicle debate is confined to the coaching staff, rather is more pertinent as to whether some of the players have any at all- Penney the fairy being a prime example.
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:04 - Dec 16 with 2677 viewsjayessess

What's the risk, relative to where we are now?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:05 - Dec 16 with 2674 viewsBlueBadger

As the last decade has shown, 'experienced' managers are often the biggest gamble of all, given that two of them conspired to get us relegated and a third marooned us in the thread division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:05 - Dec 16 with 2664 views_sanctimoanious_

More or less risky than that time Norwich appointed that Dortmund youth coach?
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:06 - Dec 16 with 2645 viewsWacko

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:05 - Dec 16 by _sanctimoanious_

More or less risky than that time Norwich appointed that Dortmund youth coach?

And I wonder what happened to that 28-year-old German manager?

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:12 - Dec 16 with 2595 viewsChurchman

Any business taking somebody on takes a risk. There are no guarantees. If the club knows what it wants (coach, manager, somebody to fit in a team, whatever) that’s half the battle.

Quite frankly, since possibly John Lyall just about all the appointments have carried an element of risk, to a greater or lesser extent. The majority catastrophic.

There is no certainty it will succeed, but whose to say it might not be the way to go? There’s only one way to find out. Plan for success, I say.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 17:14]
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:19 - Dec 16 with 2509 viewsLeoMuff

It is a risk but Neil Harris for me is just as much a risk, would have got far less slack from fans ala Cook, a bad few months and we could be looking again.

This is clearly a different route that will barring complete disaster need time, which fans will see and be accepting of.

My only concern is if we need players what does McKenna know of league 1/2/championship has spent his career in the prem, but maybe that is Ashtons role.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:20 - Dec 16 with 2497 viewsvanmunt

That’s the spirit
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:22 - Dec 16 with 2466 viewspointofblue

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 16:51 - Dec 16 by itfcsuth

Nobody can know whether he will succeed or not. Managers have gone to clubs with great records a failed, managers have gone with poorer and succeeded.

David Moyes is a great example, failed at his first attempt at West Ham, massively succeeded at his second attempt. Sometimes it's just the right fit, at the right time, with the right players.

He comes with a prestigious coaching background as an assistant, let's see if he can do it as a head coach.

I wish him the best of luck in the world, and of course has my full backing.

I don't think Moyes 'failed' at West Ham as such first time around - he was a bit Mick-like, doing the job required as dourly as possible which didn't go down well with the fans. But when they wanted someone like him to save them from their struggles (again) he decided to go for it and has built from there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:24 - Dec 16 with 2434 viewsRegencyBlue

‘Experienced’ managers haven’t been so good for us of late so why not!
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:31 - Dec 16 with 2367 viewsTexaco73

If he can get these players acting like a team and not soiling themselves on TV, then that will be a base to build on.
I think most fans will give the guy time to clean up Cook's mess.
Just need the players to respond and for us to see some cohesion and desire.
I prefer this appointment to the totally uninspiring list of candidates that have been bandied about so far.
Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:35 - Dec 16 with 2324 viewsHerbivore

I thought you made a big show of leaving? What a disappointment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:40 - Dec 16 with 2274 viewspositivity

i thought cook was sacked too early, but mckenna's no more risky than the alternatives.

all managerial appointments are risky, but this is much more exciting than a dinosaur coming in.

will it work? who knows, but he'll get my support!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:46 - Dec 16 with 2217 viewsMullet

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:35 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

I thought you made a big show of leaving? What a disappointment.

At least we know we will be in the Prem soon now

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Keiran McKenna is an incredibly risky appointment which I doubt will succeed on 17:53 - Dec 16 with 2164 viewsDubtractor

Nothing like nailing your colours to the mast early doors eh?

Anyone else going in the McKenna out camp before he has even been confirmed?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024