Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure 21:44 - Dec 15 with 3814 viewsArnieM

NOT GOOD ENOUGH
SORT IT OUT / OR SACK YOURSELF !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:46 - Dec 15 with 3128 viewsreusersfreekicks

O'Leary and Americans can sack him.
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:48 - Dec 15 with 3083 viewsKeaneish

Incredible really given all the credit he had in the bank after doing so well in the summer.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:48 - Dec 15 with 3077 viewsWD19

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:46 - Dec 15 by reusersfreekicks

Would be a bold move. If they did that then who would be available to high five the fans next time we win a game?
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:50 - Dec 15 with 3036 viewsZx1988

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:46 - Dec 15 by reusersfreekicks

I hope that, at the very least, Ashton will be asked some very difficult questions this weekend.

Folks like Detmer, Bakay, and Johnson haven't gotten to where they are by tolerating charlatans and failure.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:58 - Dec 15 with 2897 viewsChocorange

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:50 - Dec 15 by Zx1988

I hope that, at the very least, Ashton will be asked some very difficult questions this weekend.

Folks like Detmer, Bakay, and Johnson haven't gotten to where they are by tolerating charlatans and failure.

Ashton needs to go
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:58 - Dec 15 with 2891 viewsfredbarber

Totally agree

For me Ashton got a lot to answer for.
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:59 - Dec 15 with 2869 viewssidmouthblue

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:58 - Dec 15 by Chocorange

Ashton needs to go

I see now why the Bristol fans disliked him
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:08 - Dec 15 with 2798 viewsTooManyPauls

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:48 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

Incredible really given all the credit he had in the bank after doing so well in the summer.

Wasn't the main thing he did in the summer telling us how well he'd done in the summer?

Or do you still think he deserves credit for all the hard work he put into bringing this shower into the club?
Login to get fewer ads

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:09 - Dec 15 with 2757 viewspennblue

Terrible decision to sack cook

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:10 - Dec 15 with 2743 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 21:48 - Dec 15 by WD19

Would be a bold move. If they did that then who would be available to high five the fans next time we win a game?

Is Timmy Mallet available?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:11 - Dec 15 with 2710 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure you can give Ashton too much stick just days after saying McGreal should be given the job...
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 22:23]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:11 - Dec 15 with 2698 viewsKeaneish

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:08 - Dec 15 by TooManyPauls

Wasn't the main thing he did in the summer telling us how well he'd done in the summer?

Or do you still think he deserves credit for all the hard work he put into bringing this shower into the club?

I think anyone looking at that squad thinking it’s a poor and thinking Ashton did a bad job is one step away from needing heavy opioids.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:18 - Dec 15 with 2610 viewstractorboy2421

Got a lot of friends who are Bristol city supporters & everyone said the same thing, Ashton wont be any good for our club 🤔🤔
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:31 - Dec 15 with 2469 viewsTooManyPauls

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:11 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

I think anyone looking at that squad thinking it’s a poor and thinking Ashton did a bad job is one step away from needing heavy opioids.

The performances and results hardly support the case he did a good job do they?

Rebuilding in one window was going to be tough, but too many mistakes were made.

Why was so little experience brought in at the back? Why was the midfield recruitment so unbalanced that every single CM at the club wants to be paired with someone more defensively minded?

The takeover was a big opportunity for this football club, and 19 random signings mean it's in a worse place now than it's ever been.

What's next? More recruitment? A bigger squad? Or trying to offload players brought in less than 6 months ago?

Sorry...just don't know what I'm supposed to thank him for.
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:32 - Dec 15 with 2435 viewsFightingEssex

Americans sacked Cook.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:40 - Dec 15 with 2340 views44_not_out

He did get some nice stickers up.

Roof still needs a clean though
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:41 - Dec 15 with 2302 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some of us on here did tell a few of you to stop worshipping Mark Ashton as the messiah. There is a reason he is unilaterally loathed at every club he's been at.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:55 - Dec 15 with 2138 views44_not_out

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:31 - Dec 15 by TooManyPauls

The performances and results hardly support the case he did a good job do they?

Rebuilding in one window was going to be tough, but too many mistakes were made.

Why was so little experience brought in at the back? Why was the midfield recruitment so unbalanced that every single CM at the club wants to be paired with someone more defensively minded?

The takeover was a big opportunity for this football club, and 19 random signings mean it's in a worse place now than it's ever been.

What's next? More recruitment? A bigger squad? Or trying to offload players brought in less than 6 months ago?

Sorry...just don't know what I'm supposed to thank him for.

Agree!

He oversaw a huge cull and got rid of a number of average players. He then replaced them with a bunch of similarly average players.

The Lincoln celebrations still make me cringe

He’s a smarmy version of Clegg in reality
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 23:02 - Dec 15 with 2075 viewsBluedanW

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:55 - Dec 15 by 44_not_out

Agree!

He oversaw a huge cull and got rid of a number of average players. He then replaced them with a bunch of similarly average players.

I'm not sure how you can blame Ashton for the poor signings. The club backed out manager and helped bring in his hand picked team. We have missed before when the MD has stuck their nose into the team. The problem is the players cook chose are awful! Then again these same players were highly rated vefore coming here.
Piggot is a prime example, last season he scored 23 with a lower league team and comes here and looks so bad he wouldn't get in the haverhill rovers team.
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 23:44 - Dec 15 with 1907 viewsHARRY10

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 22:55 - Dec 15 by 44_not_out

Agree!

We had just won away at Lincoln City.

Let that sink in..............Lincoln Bloody City, that's who

And this clown was celebrating as if we have beaten Real Madrid away

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 23:49 - Dec 15 with 1878 viewsChurchman

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 23:02 - Dec 15 by BluedanW

I'm not sure how you can blame Ashton for the poor signings. The club backed out manager and helped bring in his hand picked team. We have missed before when the MD has stuck their nose into the team. The problem is the players cook chose are awful! Then again these same players were highly rated vefore coming here.
Piggot is a prime example, last season he scored 23 with a lower league team and comes here and looks so bad he wouldn't get in the haverhill rovers team.

Spot on. But Ashton makes a great new target, based on what a bunch of saddos from Bristol have spewed out. No actual evidence yet, just a new target. Wonderful.
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 23:53 - Dec 15 with 1857 viewsrickw

I hardly noticed Ashton on the pitch all game - he needs to work harder!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 23:53 - Dec 15 with 1852 viewswkj

O'Leary and the Americans - Decent folk band name that.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 00:02 - Dec 16 with 1767 viewsTooManyPauls

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 23:49 - Dec 15 by Churchman

Spot on. But Ashton makes a great new target, based on what a bunch of saddos from Bristol have spewed out. No actual evidence yet, just a new target. Wonderful.

He did one of two things. Either completely indulged PC's demolition man antics, put full faith in him to identify 19 players to fit his own style of play, than sacked him as soon as the going got tough.

Or he played a more significant role in the player turnover. Either way it's quite valid for questions to be asked.

You don't need to listen to anyone from Bristol to see it. But when you do see it you see worrying parallels with what they have said.
Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 00:12 - Dec 16 with 1709 viewsrickw

Well I hope to his Ashton’s feeling the pressure on 00:02 - Dec 16 by TooManyPauls

He did one of two things. Either completely indulged PC's demolition man antics, put full faith in him to identify 19 players to fit his own style of play, than sacked him as soon as the going got tough.

Or he played a more significant role in the player turnover. Either way it's quite valid for questions to be asked.

You don't need to listen to anyone from Bristol to see it. But when you do see it you see worrying parallels with what they have said.

Ashton has said he was one of several who work on identifying new players, you can guess the WBA players were perhaps those he pushed for and several ex Cook players were obviously Cook's, however the scouts also give their reports on them and data analysts do too - so it's lots of people at the club agree on the players - are we were all happy with them too!

Ashton also said all the owners agreed to get rid of Cook which made it sound like the decision was made above Ashton.

I don't understand the need for people on here to always have a scapegoat to blame for everything, last week it was Cook now Ashton, if Ashton leaves now who will it be next week - the tea lady???
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 0:13]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024