Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth 19:07 - Nov 27 with 5210 viewsIpswich24

Are so fantastic, how come other sides don't find it difficult to get results against them. Also Sunderland go to cambridge and win , MK Don's romp to another win, the gap just gets bigger and bigger. 10 points off the playoffs and we only in November.

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 09:33 - Nov 28 with 1204 viewstimothyeo

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 23:40 - Nov 27 by positivity

i didn't think plymouth looked *that* good, given that we'd lost our entire right hand side shortly before the game, they still only just edged past us at home

rotherham were much better, but any league one team can lose to another on any given day

There's very few players from the current top 6 id have in our starting eleven.

Which is a massive red flag 🚩 for how absolutely dreadful Cook has been for us.
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 09:35 - Nov 28 with 1193 viewsjayessess

By the looks of things Rotherham battered Oxford as badly as they did us, but just didn't bring their shooting boots.

Against us Rotherham managed 11 shots, 1.2 xG worth (0.5 of which a blocked shot dropping to their player for an open goal). Against Oxford they had 16 shots (xG 1.6), but only managed to get one of them on target.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 09:41 - Nov 28 with 1173 viewspatrickswell

And in the case of Wigan, because they possibly still have the brains of the partnership while we have the personality of it.
Errrrrrr on 09:43 - Nov 28 with 1160 viewsYallop

Errrrrrr on 09:29 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

Some don't blow in the wind game to game, mate. We could win 6-0 again today and it wouldn't mean Cook is doing a good job here. He needs to put together a sustained run, the like of which he's not managed in 35 games in charge. Crewe are awful, smashing them should be a par result given the resources at our disposal.

Too true and while we are still work in progress lets hope he gets chance to put the sustained run together
Errrrrrr on 09:48 - Nov 28 with 1146 viewspatrickswell

Errrrrrr on 08:22 - Nov 28 by Mullet

Rotherham were to be sneered at when we were at our most shameful ebb in the championship. A team to be utterly disrespected and lamented. Now we have fallen from such a shameful moment to the best football ever, they are Arsenal’s Invincibles and to be lauded.

Weird isn’t it?

Rotherham’s greatest legacy is that every time they come down from the Championship, their squad and their manager really do “go again”. There’s no moping, no hangover, no drawn out gelling process to implement new faces, no fear or allergy to winning football matches. They just get on with it.

The comparison to ourselves over these last 5 years is so stark and does not reflect at all well on owners, players. managers at ITFC.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 14:35]
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 09:49 - Nov 28 with 1141 viewsitfcjoe

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 09:35 - Nov 28 by jayessess

By the looks of things Rotherham battered Oxford as badly as they did us, but just didn't bring their shooting boots.

Against us Rotherham managed 11 shots, 1.2 xG worth (0.5 of which a blocked shot dropping to their player for an open goal). Against Oxford they had 16 shots (xG 1.6), but only managed to get one of them on target.

Oxford had about 9 absentees due to covid

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Errrrrrr on 09:50 - Nov 28 with 1138 viewsHerbivore

Errrrrrr on 09:43 - Nov 28 by Yallop

Too true and while we are still work in progress lets hope he gets chance to put the sustained run together

I'm not sure why I'd want to hope that Cook gets more of a chance based on his performance here to date. If he can show a very quick turnaround then fair enough but it needs to happen now really and needs to be sustained. All this talk of being a work in progress when we're nearly halfway through the season doesn't really cut it. A big win today would be nice but it doesn't change much, aside from giving us 3 more points and moving us up to 11th in the third division.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Errrrrrr on 10:31 - Nov 28 with 1104 viewspositivity

Errrrrrr on 08:22 - Nov 28 by Mullet

Rotherham were to be sneered at when we were at our most shameful ebb in the championship. A team to be utterly disrespected and lamented. Now we have fallen from such a shameful moment to the best football ever, they are Arsenal’s Invincibles and to be lauded.

Weird isn’t it?

to me, rotherham look a better team than the ones that beat us in the championship.

particularly the 2017 version, can't see this lost getting as low as 23 points in the championship

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 10:36 - Nov 28 with 1092 viewspositivity

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 09:33 - Nov 28 by timothyeo

There's very few players from the current top 6 id have in our starting eleven.

Which is a massive red flag 🚩 for how absolutely dreadful Cook has been for us.

i'd disagree with that, i'd take plenty of theirs.

but if we take your assertion as true, then it says cook has recruited incredibly well, and given the greater churn at our club than everyone else, we should be in a good place to improve in the 2nd half of the season.

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 10:37 - Nov 28 with 1079 viewschrismakin

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 10:36 - Nov 28 by positivity

i'd disagree with that, i'd take plenty of theirs.

but if we take your assertion as true, then it says cook has recruited incredibly well, and given the greater churn at our club than everyone else, we should be in a good place to improve in the 2nd half of the season.

Ashton has recruited half of them. Not in a million years did PC go for fraser or Harper. Let alone Edwards. Celina. Burgess.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Errrrrrr on 10:40 - Nov 28 with 1077 viewsYallop

Errrrrrr on 09:50 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

I'm not sure why I'd want to hope that Cook gets more of a chance based on his performance here to date. If he can show a very quick turnaround then fair enough but it needs to happen now really and needs to be sustained. All this talk of being a work in progress when we're nearly halfway through the season doesn't really cut it. A big win today would be nice but it doesn't change much, aside from giving us 3 more points and moving us up to 11th in the third division.

Cooks got a bit in the bank for me for his record elsewhere.

If we did get rid the new manager on that basis will get the same as Cook. 30 odd games, one transfer window and so end of season he could be off as well.

Ridiculous way to run a club in my opinion. Anyway let's all hope we do well today.
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 10:42 - Nov 28 with 1064 viewspositivity

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 10:37 - Nov 28 by chrismakin

Ashton has recruited half of them. Not in a million years did PC go for fraser or Harper. Let alone Edwards. Celina. Burgess.

true, cook's done well with the likes of morsey, chaplin, walton etc, the spine is strong

i'd also quibble with burgess and celina not being cook approved signings given ashton's interviews.

plus would mr. yeo put fraser or harper in his best 11, which is so much better than the top 6's? i know you wouldn't put edwards in yours!

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 10:47 - Nov 28 with 1036 viewschrismakin

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 10:42 - Nov 28 by positivity

true, cook's done well with the likes of morsey, chaplin, walton etc, the spine is strong

i'd also quibble with burgess and celina not being cook approved signings given ashton's interviews.

plus would mr. yeo put fraser or harper in his best 11, which is so much better than the top 6's? i know you wouldn't put edwards in yours!

I think all signings had PC approval.. he'd be daft to go against the ceo after his first targets failed.. ( a few various Wigan players for example, Jacobs was pushed away last minute)

Yeah u agree, Harper etc wouldn't be in anyone's first choice 11.

Scott twine is one I wished we went for. There was a winger for crewe last season too.. Dale? And David Johnson son... where's he ended up?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Errrrrrr on 10:51 - Nov 28 with 1038 viewsgazzer1999

Errrrrrr on 09:29 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

Some don't blow in the wind game to game, mate. We could win 6-0 again today and it wouldn't mean Cook is doing a good job here. He needs to put together a sustained run, the like of which he's not managed in 35 games in charge. Crewe are awful, smashing them should be a par result given the resources at our disposal.

So the problem is our resources are not as good as we think they are, the management team is not as good as he thinks they are, a combination of both. I think we all agree the players are an upgrade in some cases to last year but continue to perform worse than last year in relation to results and league position. The most common thing wrong with the team I see is maybe selection and tactics, which draws me to point the finger in one direction the Cookie crew.
What we don't know is how much influence that Ashton has over who we purchase, plays, tactics. If none then it is a very damming look at Cookie and what he brings to the table. If the answer is one or all of the above, maybe we need to look at Ashton. It is really all Chinese whispers if we only guess, however there is a big problem with the team as we do not look remotely like putting more than one win on the board at a time. Time to act!
Errrrrrr on 11:06 - Nov 28 with 1022 viewspositivity

Errrrrrr on 10:51 - Nov 28 by gazzer1999

So the problem is our resources are not as good as we think they are, the management team is not as good as he thinks they are, a combination of both. I think we all agree the players are an upgrade in some cases to last year but continue to perform worse than last year in relation to results and league position. The most common thing wrong with the team I see is maybe selection and tactics, which draws me to point the finger in one direction the Cookie crew.
What we don't know is how much influence that Ashton has over who we purchase, plays, tactics. If none then it is a very damming look at Cookie and what he brings to the table. If the answer is one or all of the above, maybe we need to look at Ashton. It is really all Chinese whispers if we only guess, however there is a big problem with the team as we do not look remotely like putting more than one win on the board at a time. Time to act!

the rest of your post is interesting, but i'd take issue with the last one "we do not look remotely like putting more than one win on the board at a time".

except we managed it as recently as the back end of last month... time to start stringing them together more often though!

Errrrrrr on 11:17 - Nov 28 with 1005 viewsgazzer1999

Errrrrrr on 11:06 - Nov 28 by positivity

the rest of your post is interesting, but i'd take issue with the last one "we do not look remotely like putting more than one win on the board at a time".

except we managed it as recently as the back end of last month... time to start stringing them together more often though!

And how many games did we win on the bounce and how many times in 30 odd games then?
Errrrrrr on 11:23 - Nov 28 with 1001 viewspositivity

Errrrrrr on 11:17 - Nov 28 by gazzer1999

And how many games did we win on the bounce and how many times in 30 odd games then?

2, so we do "look remotely like putting more than one win on the board at a time", as we've actually done it (5 games ago)!

as i said, we need to do it far more often!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 11:24]

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 11:41 - Nov 28 with 971 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 20:44 - Nov 27 by chrismakin

Genuine question. What is it you think will happen to enable us to finish in the playoffs.

We will need at least a run of 10 games on the bounce winning to have any chance... can you see that happening?

If we won 10 in a row, you think we’d only have a chance of the playoffs?

Incredible.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 11:46 - Nov 28 with 951 viewschrismakin

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 11:41 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

If we won 10 in a row, you think we’d only have a chance of the playoffs?

Incredible.

Yes because we are so far behind and there are sides above with games in hand.

For us to win 10 games in a row and be anywhere near top 2. Those at the top top have to lose at least 5 games each within that.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 11:50]

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 11:50 - Nov 28 with 949 viewsArnieM

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:29 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Indeed.

Although Oxford - Rotherham finishing 0-0 isn’t a great surprise having seen how well organised both were derisively in the year last few weeks.

And Oxford were no doubt masters once again of ultimate “ gamesmanship “, probably from the 5 th minute onwards . It’s almost a form of cheating…

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 11:58 - Nov 28 with 928 viewsistanblue

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:15 - Nov 27 by Keaneish

Another really insightful post with no substance. A TWTD hallmark, well done.

Must be hard as a Cook cultist seeing his flaws and failings getting exposed on the daily.
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 12:43 - Nov 28 with 887 viewspositivity

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 11:58 - Nov 28 by istanblue

Must be hard as a Cook cultist seeing his flaws and failings getting exposed on the daily.

on the daily? which cook failings were exposed yesterday?!

poor long range weather forecasting?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 12:48 - Nov 28 with 867 viewspositivity

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 11:46 - Nov 28 by chrismakin

Yes because we are so far behind and there are sides above with games in hand.

For us to win 10 games in a row and be anywhere near top 2. Those at the top top have to lose at least 5 games each within that.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 11:50]

that's nonsense again, i'm afraid chris

if we win 10 in a row we'll have 54 from 29.

for rotherham to get the same, they'd need 16 points (3 wins, 7 draws, 0 losses).

so those at the top 2 don't "need to lose at least 5 games"

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 13:14 - Nov 28 with 823 viewschrismakin

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 12:48 - Nov 28 by positivity

that's nonsense again, i'm afraid chris

if we win 10 in a row we'll have 54 from 29.

for rotherham to get the same, they'd need 16 points (3 wins, 7 draws, 0 losses).

so those at the top 2 don't "need to lose at least 5 games"

Can see you're trying your best to remain positive. But you've got 4 clubs in and around that top 2 slot. Wigan after today have 2 games on us.

Expecting that handful of teams to suddenly go backwards in such a way is nonsense imo.

If 1 slips up. The other will not. And that's why it's not as easy for us to just win 10 games and suddenly be top 2. It aint gonna happen.

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 13:14 - Nov 28 with 824 viewspointofblue

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 12:43 - Nov 28 by positivity

on the daily? which cook failings were exposed yesterday?!

poor long range weather forecasting?

I think I’d prefer to be at the ground today rather than yesterday, weather wise. Marginally.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024