Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I still don’t think we are very good 17:14 - Oct 9 with 3288 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Too slow for far too long in the game.

Too one dimensional, just give the ball to the wingers and hope for the best. Another poor side we have beat, but most teams in this league will beat us if we play like that.

Take the 3 points, but can’t say I’m that excited

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:16 - Oct 9 with 2417 viewspositivity

top goalscorers and almost top conceders in the league and you're not excited?

tough crowd!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:18 - Oct 9 with 2396 viewsurbanblue

Just give the ball to the wingers and hope for the best?

You must have watched a different game to me.
I still don’t think we are very good on 17:19 - Oct 9 with 2379 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:16 - Oct 9 by positivity

top goalscorers and almost top conceders in the league and you're not excited?

tough crowd!

Ha. I mean I’m excited by certain players. Bonne has been superb. I like Wes Burns.

But I’d rather just tighten up at the back a bit and we really need to get out 10 in the game more.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:19 - Oct 9 with 2371 viewsSkip_Intro

man falls into barrel of tits and comes up sucking his own thumb...move along please
I still don’t think we are very good on 17:20 - Oct 9 with 2342 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:18 - Oct 9 by urbanblue

Just give the ball to the wingers and hope for the best?

You must have watched a different game to me.

Our number 10 has been ignored almost all season in my opinion. Maybe except for Lincoln.

We don’t really create a lot of chances through the number 10.

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:20 - Oct 9 with 2330 viewspositivity

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:19 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

Ha. I mean I’m excited by certain players. Bonne has been superb. I like Wes Burns.

But I’d rather just tighten up at the back a bit and we really need to get out 10 in the game more.

it's a work in progress for sure, but feel like we're going in the right direction

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:21 - Oct 9 with 2324 viewschicoazul

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:19 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

We have tightened up, we’ve gone from regularly conceding at least 2 to rarely conceding more than 1, and hopefully we may be able to further improve if Walton and Coulson come back.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:22 - Oct 9 with 2307 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:19 - Oct 9 by Skip_Intro

man falls into barrel of tits and comes up sucking his own thumb...move along please

People are allowed to male fair assessments.

I think everyone is pleased that we are getting wins, but performance and pattern of play will also be important considerations when we are not playing bottom of the league.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:22 - Oct 9 with 2313 viewsMullet

We won. We just need to keep doing that. This is the lowest and worst we’ve ever known. But reversing the disaster post-MM is going to take a long time.

The only way Cook keeps his job is to be successful. That benefits all of us and is something we need to be invested in while he’s still here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:23 - Oct 9 with 2284 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:20 - Oct 9 by positivity

it's a work in progress for sure, but feel like we're going in the right direction

Hopefully so. I want to see us beat one of the better teams in the league and look good doing it. If we do that, think it will be massive for us.

Not saying it won’t work, but I’m currently not overly confident.

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:24 - Oct 9 with 2250 viewsSkip_Intro

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:22 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

People are allowed to male fair assessments.

I think everyone is pleased that we are getting wins, but performance and pattern of play will also be important considerations when we are not playing bottom of the league.

They clearly didn't see the game as they said that we just gave the ball to the wingers and hoped for the best.
So hardly a fair assessment just an excuse to whinge. We won. Move on.
COYB
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 17:24]
I still don’t think we are very good on 17:24 - Oct 9 with 2245 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:21 - Oct 9 by chicoazul

We have tightened up, we’ve gone from regularly conceding at least 2 to rarely conceding more than 1, and hopefully we may be able to further improve if Walton and Coulson come back.

I guess so. The manner of goals we concede aren’t ideal still. The two at Accrington were poor. Today’s was a good finish but very sloppy to give the ball away. Mistakes happen, just hopefully we stop making them so close to our goal.

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:26 - Oct 9 with 2221 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:24 - Oct 9 by Skip_Intro

They clearly didn't see the game as they said that we just gave the ball to the wingers and hoped for the best.
So hardly a fair assessment just an excuse to whinge. We won. Move on.
COYB
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 17:24]

Did see the game, like I have every other game this season.

We won, move on. Is a silly way to look at football, especially when we have won 3 all season and 2 of those teams are in the drop zone. How we play, matters. I personally don’t think we are playing well .

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:29 - Oct 9 with 2156 viewsSkip_Intro

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:26 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

Did see the game, like I have every other game this season.

We won, move on. Is a silly way to look at football, especially when we have won 3 all season and 2 of those teams are in the drop zone. How we play, matters. I personally don’t think we are playing well .

didn't a wise man once say that winning ganes playing badly is the sign of a great team? I'm not saying that we are a great team but we are winning games without hitting anywhere near top gear...isn't that a positive?
I still don’t think we are very good on 17:30 - Oct 9 with 2153 viewscrossyitfc

Thought I’d be safe visiting the forum after a win. Oh wait
I still don’t think we are very good on 17:31 - Oct 9 with 2140 viewsurbanblue

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:20 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

Our number 10 has been ignored almost all season in my opinion. Maybe except for Lincoln.

We don’t really create a lot of chances through the number 10.

Chaplin worked his socks off though. There were a few times we tried to play the ball through the middle and Morsey made a couple of runs.

If the number 10 keeps the opposition busy it creates the room on the flanks. I actually wonder whether the way we play will result in a particularly creative number 10.

Of course, Chaplin scored as well.
I still don’t think we are very good on 17:32 - Oct 9 with 2119 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:29 - Oct 9 by Skip_Intro

didn't a wise man once say that winning ganes playing badly is the sign of a great team? I'm not saying that we are a great team but we are winning games without hitting anywhere near top gear...isn't that a positive?

It’s ok to do that, if it’s underpinned by really good performances.

I don’t think we were awful btw, but I’m not sure I’m seeing enough to think that we will be a top 6 team this year. It an change and I hope it will. But I still think we aren’t quite there, and when will we get there?

Today was a banana skin…a win was all that mattered… end of (n/t) on 17:33 - Oct 9 with 2080 viewsunstableblue

[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 17:34]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:34 - Oct 9 with 2059 viewsquad

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:23 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

Hopefully so. I want to see us beat one of the better teams in the league and look good doing it. If we do that, think it will be massive for us.

Not saying it won’t work, but I’m currently not overly confident.

We've got Portsmouth and Plymouth away soon. If we can win one of those games I'll be relatively happy but I'm not confident we can. Draws are no good to us right now.
I still don’t think we are very good on 17:35 - Oct 9 with 2043 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Let’s just enjoy the win shall we? Rather than rant and moan.
Today was a banana skin…a win was all that mattered… end of (n/t) on 17:35 - Oct 9 with 2042 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Today was a banana skin…a win was all that mattered… end of (n/t) on 17:33 - Oct 9 by unstableblue

[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 17:34]

Not end of...

...end of.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:35 - Oct 9 with 2026 viewsSkip_Intro

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:32 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

It’s ok to do that, if it’s underpinned by really good performances.

I don’t think we were awful btw, but I’m not sure I’m seeing enough to think that we will be a top 6 team this year. It an change and I hope it will. But I still think we aren’t quite there, and when will we get there?

I think if we keep picking up 2 points per game we will get there. We will click more often like we did against Donny and the confidence will come.
We're just 6 points off the top 6 now - let's see where we are at the end of October...
I still don’t think we are very good on 17:36 - Oct 9 with 2021 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:35 - Oct 9 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Let’s just enjoy the win shall we? Rather than rant and moan.

When did discussion become such a bad thing?

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:37 - Oct 9 with 1998 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:29 - Oct 9 by Skip_Intro

It was a humble TV pundit, Alan Hanson I believe.

Doesn't make it gospel.

I still don’t think we are very good on 17:37 - Oct 9 with 1982 viewsclive_baker

Would agree, for the most part it wasn’t a great performance for me. Pretty one dimensional and predictable in possession. We’ll win games by virtue of having good, extensively assembled players relative to many opponents, but I don’t think we’re in our stride.

We deserved it, don’t get me wrong. I just think there’s a heck of a lot to improve on based on that.

Still, a win is a win. Need to get on a bit of a run now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024