Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? 18:37 - Aug 21 with 2362 viewsCopfordBlue

I thought that those who came back for the first game of the season might have stuck with it a bit longer than they have.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 18:38 - Aug 21 with 2344 viewsgtsb1966

Probably got covid
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 18:38 - Aug 21 with 2339 viewspointofblue

Possibly more than that as I think MK Dons brought more fans than Morecambe.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 18:41 - Aug 21 with 2295 viewslongtimefan

I think attendees might be a better description than fans!
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 18:46 - Aug 21 with 2251 viewsCopfordBlue

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 18:38 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

Possibly more than that as I think MK Dons brought more fans than Morecambe.

You’re right, I just couldn’t be bothered to look it up. Probably closer to 1,800. That’s a big drop after one home game.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 18:53 - Aug 21 with 2197 viewsHighgateBlue

Surely it's inevitable that the very start of a new era is going to bring increased interest from fans. Surely it's equally inevitable that those who intended to attend as a one off are not going to change their mind when we're conceding 2 goals every game and haven't won any of our first five games.
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:00 - Aug 21 with 2157 viewsHARRY10

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 18:46 - Aug 21 by CopfordBlue

You’re right, I just couldn’t be bothered to look it up. Probably closer to 1,800. That’s a big drop after one home game.

2560 to be exact

will it drop further v Wimbledon ?
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:09 - Aug 21 with 2097 viewsbilllm

Always have been fickle fans,
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:37 - Aug 21 with 1992 viewsbazza

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:09 - Aug 21 by billlm

Always have been fickle fans,

I hate it when people Say tripe like that, for one, not all Ipswich fans are fickle, and pay a lot
Of money supporting the club, and I don’t blame anyone for Not Wanting to pay that much money to watch us lose. You wouldn’t go To the cinema to Watch a film if You knew it was sh%t..
Login to get fewer ads

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:45 - Aug 21 with 1950 viewsDurovigutum

It's holiday season and this weekend going into next with the bank holiday Monday is peak time to go away. For example I squeezed today and Morecombe in, but can't go again until the end of September now.
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:46 - Aug 21 with 1936 viewschrismakin

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:37 - Aug 21 by bazza

I hate it when people Say tripe like that, for one, not all Ipswich fans are fickle, and pay a lot
Of money supporting the club, and I don’t blame anyone for Not Wanting to pay that much money to watch us lose. You wouldn’t go To the cinema to Watch a film if You knew it was sh%t..

We didn't lose. And even though we drew it was a very exciting game between 2 good league 1 sides.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:57 - Aug 21 with 1899 viewsHARRY10

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:45 - Aug 21 by Durovigutum

It's holiday season and this weekend going into next with the bank holiday Monday is peak time to go away. For example I squeezed today and Morecombe in, but can't go again until the end of September now.

really ?

I suspect had we been sat top going into this game, there would have been a bigger crowd than v Morecambe

folk cancelling their holidays, perhaps ?
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 20:10 - Aug 21 with 1839 viewsbazza

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:46 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

We didn't lose. And even though we drew it was a very exciting game between 2 good league 1 sides.

More the assumption of a loss due to the flat start.. just annoys me to label all town fans fickle..
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 20:17 - Aug 21 with 1811 viewsRobbie12345

Judging from other people posting and past seasons, I would suggest some people make a larger effort to make the first game of the season. Heard quite a few travel 6/7 hours to get there for the first game, others coming from abroad, as the American owners had planned. Others might have took holiday from work. Additionally, the first game may have attracted some more casual fans to come along/new fans who just pick and choose their games, so would have picked the first game of the season over today.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 22:59 - Aug 21 with 1581 viewsBlue_Moses

I was expecting a much bigger drop after the results and performances so far
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 23:04 - Aug 21 with 1565 viewsbilllm

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 19:37 - Aug 21 by bazza

One we didn't lose, and two we certainly wernt bad, grow up
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 23:11 - Aug 21 with 1538 viewsbazza

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 23:04 - Aug 21 by billlm

One we didn't lose, and two we certainly wernt bad, grow up

Ok bill.
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 23:15 - Aug 21 with 1524 viewsbritbiker

I was a season ticket holder for 20 plus years but due to health issues had to change jobs just before covid kicked in. I now have to work saturdays and get one Saturday in every eigth weeks off.

The first game luckily was my week off so not all of us can get to every match. Hopefully within another year I will negotiate more saturdays off or take early retirement and become a season ticket holder again.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 23:17]
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 08:46 - Aug 22 with 1261 viewswkj

Late August is always up and down. Even though season tickets always count in the attendance, there are usually a fair few that don't start showing up until September where I used to sit because of summer holidays.

Also, we're not really doing very well on the old points tally - this will always hamper non-season ticket sales.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 11:12 - Aug 22 with 1116 viewsTractorWood

I went to a lot of the games at the Euros. Amazing scenes.

I just need a few more weeks to try and get excited about us drawing with Fleetwood or whoever.

Maybe it's just me being a snob and don't get me wrong, I love Ipswich but I find league one is terrifically dull and lacking in quality.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 11:13]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 12:35 - Aug 22 with 1003 viewsWickets

Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 18:46 - Aug 21 by CopfordBlue

Think there was just under 600 away fans yesterday .
Where have 1,500 fans gone already? on 13:00 - Aug 22 with 955 viewsjayessess

This is the rather precarious position we're in, isn't it?

There's probably 15,000 or so who will come an watch us even if we're rubbish. More than that and we'll need convert them.

That's why the takeover is such an opportunity. Finally a moment where there's some excitement, something to snowball from. It's one of the reasons I'm so resolutely against the whole "oh, maybe, we need a transition season". It'd be flushing all that momentum down the toilet.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024