Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... 09:33 - Jun 1 with 5905 viewsBloots

....people that can't pronounce the word "ask/asked".

Highlighted by Darren Bent on TalkSport this morning.

When did "Arks" and "Arksed" become commonplace?

He's not even "youth".

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:26 - Jun 1 with 1298 viewsEpiphone

Grinding my gears:

Starting a sentence "So....." or "Look...."

At a bar or counter asking (or should that be aksing?!) the server "Can I get.....?"

Staycation used to describe a holiday in the UK, not day-trips from home.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 12:32]
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:29 - Jun 1 with 1268 viewslowhouseblue

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:03 - Jun 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

People who want to "reach out" in emails.

apologies i didn't see this - i replied only seeing the op.

but we agree!

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:37 - Jun 1 with 1263 viewsnoggin

Grammar/spelling police. You did arks.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:46 - Jun 1 with 1237 viewsMeadowlark

"got your back"
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:41 - Jun 1 with 1187 viewsjeera

People who want to do as they like with no consideration to others.

And who then blame everyone else for taking exception to their lack of consideration.

People who play Queen really loudly. By loudly I mean by anything other than headphones locked in their soundproof basement.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:51 - Jun 1 with 1165 viewsnoggin

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:41 - Jun 1 by jeera

People who want to do as they like with no consideration to others.

And who then blame everyone else for taking exception to their lack of consideration.

People who play Queen really loudly. By loudly I mean by anything other than headphones locked in their soundproof basement.

You mean brexit voters don't you?

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 14:02 - Jun 1 with 1144 viewsKropotkin123

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:26 - Jun 1 by Epiphone

Grinding my gears:

At a bar or counter asking (or should that be aksing?!) the server "Can I get.....?"

I find myself using "so" sometimes and delete them if I remember. I don't have that luxury when talking though

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 14:13 - Jun 1 with 1128 viewsthorpedo

'Super' replacing the word 'Very' among the youth. I find this super annoying, and super wrong.
Bring back 'Very'. It's a good word.

Thorpedo

Login to get fewer ads

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 15:13 - Jun 1 with 1096 viewsBlueandTruesince82

People who add an s on to words where there is none yous two a prime example.

Also people who pronounce H with a huh at the beginning so it becomes Hach rather than ach.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 17:22 - Jun 1 with 1054 viewsEpiphone

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 14:13 - Jun 1 by thorpedo

'Super' replacing the word 'Very' among the youth. I find this super annoying, and super wrong.
Bring back 'Very'. It's a good word.

Very?It’s a super good word!

Soz (there’s another one!)And you can add anyone who says nom nom!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 17:24]
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 17:48 - Jun 1 with 1040 viewsemergencylime

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:26 - Jun 1 by Epiphone

Grinding my gears:

I thought Holistay was more accurate than Staycation, but they are both unnecessary.

I think Scooby Doo is, like, the origin of like.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 17:50]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:25 - Jun 3 with 907 viewsMeadowlark

Did we do "in store" and "in branch?"
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:06 - Jun 22 with 762 viewsMeadowlark

"as per"
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:16 - Jun 22 with 743 viewsGeomorph

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:06 - Jun 22 by Meadowlark

"as per"

hmmm. the incorrect spelling and pronunciation of 'definitely' as 'definately'. Particularly a Scottish thing, whereby they even emphasise the incorrect 'a' (eg, Ally McCoist does this).

Silly yes I know.
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:21 - Jun 22 with 717 viewsGeomorph

also... the massive over-use of the word 'obviously' by footballers when being interviewed.
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:43 - Jun 22 with 688 viewsXYZ

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:16 - Jun 22 by Geomorph

hmmm. the incorrect spelling and pronunciation of 'definitely' as 'definately'. Particularly a Scottish thing, whereby they even emphasise the incorrect 'a' (eg, Ally McCoist does this).

Silly yes I know.

You should be more pacific.
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:58 - Jun 22 with 664 viewsclive_baker

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:21 - Jun 22 by Geomorph

also... the massive over-use of the word 'obviously' by footballers when being interviewed.

Ever noticed how Gareth Bale starts every answer with 'yeah, no'?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:13 - Jun 22 with 652 viewsjonnysuave

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 10:14 - Jun 1 by solemio

Two young women behind me on a bus - pre Covid - I counted 83 "like" usages in a fairly short journey, and one of them didn't say it at all.

That is like dreadful.

this is fantastic that you sat counting 'likes' throughout a bus journey... Though I am concerned only the ones from annoyance onwards,

Sorry I'm late
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:25 - Jun 22 with 630 viewsTractor_Buck

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 12:23 - Jun 1 by lowhouseblue

all use of the phrase "reaching out". urrrgghhhh.

Do the Four Tops get a free pass on that one?
Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:28 - Jun 22 with 620 viewsghostofescobar

People beginning sentences with "yer, no". Which is it? Example: "How are you". Answer: "Yer, no, been good actually".

GhostOfEscobar

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:34 - Jun 22 with 599 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:28 - Jun 22 by ghostofescobar

People beginning sentences with "yer, no". Which is it? Example: "How are you". Answer: "Yer, no, been good actually".

Also people who start sentences with "so". I hear it so (pardon the pun) much in meetings with young (25+) marketing types.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:38 - Jun 22 with 589 viewsfooters

A lot of linguistic peeves so Imma mix it up...

When eating out, at a restaurant you filthy beasts, why are staff so overly attentive at the start but by the end you're waiting to flag them down to pay?

In an ideal world you would be able to do me for another wine, coffee and cheese if it didn't take you 15 minutes to notice me looking for you, bring me a paper bill and then need to notice me and bring the card machine.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:51 - Jun 22 with 560 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 09:55 - Jun 1 by footers

While we're on it, I've a new girl in my team who, like, says like, you know, like every other, like, word and it's, like, well annoying.

So you could say that she's well liked.

It's OK, I already have my coat ...

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:52 - Jun 22 with 559 viewsEwan_Oozami

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:25 - Jun 22 by Tractor_Buck

Do the Four Tops get a free pass on that one?

Scuppers that Neil Diamond song as well....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Middle aged man pet peeves/annoyances..... on 13:52 - Jun 22 with 558 viewsBiGDonnie

But what if they're asking about an ark?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024