Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we really need a full kit change? 13:04 - May 20 with 1401 viewsBlueWorldOrder

There's nothing wrong with our home strip. Maybe change the badge to the current one and remove the UEFA participants wording and just use it again with the new sponsor? I just don't see the point of changing good, popular kits every year. We can have the same away ones year on year as proven by the Barca kit getting multiple seasons of use with both iterations, the last white one was also used two seasons as well. So we're not obligated to use a different strip each season, we're just choosing to.

The away ones, yes, change those as one clashes and one we've used to 2 seasons but the home strip is great. Just white shorts and a badge change needed. This kit changing stuff is madness. New owners should put a stop to this.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 13:04]

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:13 - May 20 with 1333 viewsWD19

I fear you might be missing the point of why kits are sold to fans.
Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:17 - May 20 with 1315 viewsJ2BLUE

Used to be every two years but the biggest clubs changed to every year and gradually everyone else had to as well.

The new kit will be just different enough that people 'need' to buy it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:19 - May 20 with 1303 viewsKieran_Knows

Home kit is similar to this seasons ... away kit is white.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:20 - May 20 with 1287 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:13 - May 20 by WD19

I fear you might be missing the point of why kits are sold to fans.

I am not making that point and you know it. But considering the club has to reduce the strips year on year just to clear them out, I doubt changing 2 a year will be making them a fortune. If you released 1 new one a year rather than 2 they would probably sell more because of the anticipation for something new will be greater, whereas now next to nobody cares because it's going to be a default kit in blue and another colour. Ipswich can do better than that post Evans. The 2012-13 strip sold so badly the club was trying to sell the remaining kits wholesale to local football teams. The smarter, greener, and more fan friendly thing to do is to revert back.

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:21 - May 20 with 1276 viewsitfcpaul

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:19 - May 20 by Kieran_Knows

Home kit is similar to this seasons ... away kit is white.

and you know this for definite?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:23 - May 20 with 1260 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:21 - May 20 by itfcpaul

and you know this for definite?

You can see what is on offer on the addidas catalogue for 2021.

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:26 - May 20 with 1229 viewsNazemariner

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:23 - May 20 by BlueWorldOrder

You can see what is on offer on the addidas catalogue for 2021.

Not always the case. Our current kit isn't lifted from the Adidas Teamwear collection.
Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:26 - May 20 with 1226 viewsWeirdFishes

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:20 - May 20 by BlueWorldOrder

I am not making that point and you know it. But considering the club has to reduce the strips year on year just to clear them out, I doubt changing 2 a year will be making them a fortune. If you released 1 new one a year rather than 2 they would probably sell more because of the anticipation for something new will be greater, whereas now next to nobody cares because it's going to be a default kit in blue and another colour. Ipswich can do better than that post Evans. The 2012-13 strip sold so badly the club was trying to sell the remaining kits wholesale to local football teams. The smarter, greener, and more fan friendly thing to do is to revert back.

It’s probably Adidas who say we need a new kit every year.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:29 - May 20 with 1214 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:26 - May 20 by WeirdFishes

It’s probably Adidas who say we need a new kit every year.

As explained, we have used the same addidas away kits for multiple seasons, and you can still order our older ones directly from them now and the cost is the same, so I don't understand what addidas gets from that?

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:29 - May 20 with 1213 viewsMy_Left_Foot

It's called income. Football is a business, it needs income.

We want new players in, but the club can only spend a fixed percentage of our income on them. Therefore the more income we generate, the more there is to spend.
Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:35 - May 20 with 1188 viewsEJP

Col U aren’t changing theirs this year and have stated having so many left in the club shop as one of the reasons.
Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:44 - May 20 with 1134 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes. We need to change the shorts to white at the very least.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:47 - May 20 with 1126 viewsitfcjoe

It is a bit ridiculous that the club made a vbig show about how enviromentally friendly the away kit is knowing that it will be binned off after a season having been worn 4-5 times.

I think kits should change every other year - new home kit one season,m new away the next......even that is a lot compared to some sports but feels about right and fair

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:53 - May 20 with 1076 viewsSpruceMoose

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:47 - May 20 by itfcjoe

It is a bit ridiculous that the club made a vbig show about how enviromentally friendly the away kit is knowing that it will be binned off after a season having been worn 4-5 times.

I think kits should change every other year - new home kit one season,m new away the next......even that is a lot compared to some sports but feels about right and fair

The only real reasons that I can think of to change the shirt at all are either a) to exploit a revenue stream or b) employ updated materials technology that may have developed since the last release or c) there's a new sponsor (and even this wouldn't require an entirely new kit design).

I don't get why the people who think they should change the shirt every other season don't just simply only buy one every other season. Perhaps many do. Nobody forces people to buy one every year. I'd be happy to see a new shirt every five to ten years, and that's probably as often as I buy one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Do we really need a full kit change? on 16:46 - May 20 with 839 viewsBlueBadger

Do we really need a full kit change? on 13:53 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

The only real reasons that I can think of to change the shirt at all are either a) to exploit a revenue stream or b) employ updated materials technology that may have developed since the last release or c) there's a new sponsor (and even this wouldn't require an entirely new kit design).

I don't get why the people who think they should change the shirt every other season don't just simply only buy one every other season. Perhaps many do. Nobody forces people to buy one every year. I'd be happy to see a new shirt every five to ten years, and that's probably as often as I buy one.

I buy one when we put out one that I like enough to want to shell out 40+ quid on it.

Plus, there is the whole thing of being over 40 and wearing clothes that are generally intended for people twenty years younger than me to wear.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do we really need a full kit change? on 17:00 - May 20 with 810 viewsSpruceMoose

Do we really need a full kit change? on 16:46 - May 20 by BlueBadger

I buy one when we put out one that I like enough to want to shell out 40+ quid on it.

Plus, there is the whole thing of being over 40 and wearing clothes that are generally intended for people twenty years younger than me to wear.

I'm getting to the point where I'll probably need to wear a sports bra if I don't want to be jiggling like Norwood as I walk down the street wearing a Town shirt.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024