Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan 20:01 - Apr 5 with 1622 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Lambert didn't get much right, but Dobra for me clearly isn't ready for League 1 football. Tidy player at present, yes, but he gets pushed off the ball far too easily and just isn't strong enough to be anything near a regular in the side. He's arguably no worse than some others, but just gets bullied out of it and could do with a run somewhere else. At present, I may be in the minority, but I've not seen much to suggest he's going to be anything other than another one of our so called "great youngsters" that doesn't amount to much.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:03 - Apr 5 with 1589 viewsDubtractor

I mean, if you ignore our single best moment of that match, which was entirely due to the run upfield from Dobra, then yeah he doesn't offer enough.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:04 - Apr 5 with 1567 viewschrismakin

Dobra is different because of 1 simple thing

He looks forward.

That for me is something to work with.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:06 - Apr 5 with 1543 viewskizaitfc

Dozzell has played almost every game this season and been just as ineffective.

I won't right a player off until they have been given a decent chance. I have seen enough of Dobra in U23 and few appearances to see there is something there.

He certainly is no worse than Judge and Edwards that is for sure

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:06 - Apr 5 with 1543 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:03 - Apr 5 by Dubtractor

I mean, if you ignore our single best moment of that match, which was entirely due to the run upfield from Dobra, then yeah he doesn't offer enough.

I get the feeling that was something Lambert did not like about him.

The rest of our midfield have all been trained to look sideways or backwards or, on the odd occasion they do go forward, to turn and look to see how far backwards they can then pass it afterwards. It is such negative tactics.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:09 - Apr 5 with 1496 viewsMB26

We can't expect one young player to suddenly turn everything around. Dobra still has plenty to learn particularly with his decision making but that's exactly what I expect. He's a young player who's development has been stunted by a bloated squad.

Do I think he should have gone out on loan? Yes, at least for the first half of the season. However, I respect the lads belief in his own ability and that's something that's rare in this squad. I've not watched us recently but I know the type of player Dobra is and he's someone we've not had for a very long time. If he's coached correctly then he will go far.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:19 - Apr 5 with 1401 viewsSomethingBlue

Dobra is raw but his urgency after coming on vs both Wigan and Rochdale put the others to shame.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:21 - Apr 5 with 1381 viewschrismakin

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:19 - Apr 5 by SomethingBlue

Dobra is raw but his urgency after coming on vs both Wigan and Rochdale put the others to shame.

His urgency over 90 minutes would lead to attacks. That's the difference between him and others.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:22 - Apr 5 with 1372 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:06 - Apr 5 by kizaitfc

Dozzell has played almost every game this season and been just as ineffective.

I won't right a player off until they have been given a decent chance. I have seen enough of Dobra in U23 and few appearances to see there is something there.

He certainly is no worse than Judge and Edwards that is for sure

That's what I'm saying though. You can't judge someone on an under 23 game. Its completely different and simply not competitive. He needs to play regular league football. Agree he's no worse than Edwards or Judge. Both of which I'd be astounded at if either are here next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:25 - Apr 5 with 1343 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:03 - Apr 5 by Dubtractor

I said he should have gone out on loan. Must have missed the best bit of today's match as can't recall anything of note.
lol on 20:27 - Apr 5 with 1331 viewsDyland

As opposed to all our other players who are ripping L1 up yeh?

Whenever Dobra comes on, he creates stuff for us.

Lambert got nothing right, except to insinuate MEG is the problem at ITFC. He earned his wage and that is it. He was fired a year too late. Jewell at least had some integrity, though I'm being unfair on Lambert cos football and ITFC have changed even in ten years.

Marcus Evans Group. Useless. Inept. Psychopathic. Just fook off, ffs.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 20:27]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

lol on 20:29 - Apr 5 with 1318 viewsmattyhollandsirish

lol on 20:27 - Apr 5 by Dyland

As opposed to all our other players who are ripping L1 up yeh?

Whenever Dobra comes on, he creates stuff for us.

Lambert got nothing right, except to insinuate MEG is the problem at ITFC. He earned his wage and that is it. He was fired a year too late. Jewell at least had some integrity, though I'm being unfair on Lambert cos football and ITFC have changed even in ten years.

Marcus Evans Group. Useless. Inept. Psychopathic. Just fook off, ffs.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 20:27]

No, the post was about Dobra. That's why I entitled it Dobra.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:32 - Apr 5 with 1289 viewsZXBlue

Absurd comment. He showed determination and confidence in sticking around. Then was kept out the team by the likes of Luke Thomas. Seriously.

Only real spark today, for the second game running.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:39 - Apr 5 with 1248 viewsITFC_96

The real shame here is that him and the other youngsters have not been allowed to develop. Now we're at the situation of almost certainly not getting promoted with a bunch of players who have underperformed and just stunted their development.

I don't agree that he gets pushed off the ball too easily, he gets tripped over all the time (would bet he's our most fouled player per minute played), and when he does lose the ball he looks to get it back straight away. Usually does a lot of the time too.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:49 - Apr 5 with 1190 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:32 - Apr 5 by ZXBlue

Absurd comment. He showed determination and confidence in sticking around. Then was kept out the team by the likes of Luke Thomas. Seriously.

Only real spark today, for the second game running.

Absurd comment or maybe just something you don't agree with. For clarity though. You don't think playing regular league football would have benefited him when it was clear and still is clear that he's not going to get that here? Or maybe Cook has got it wrong too and he should be playing 90 mins everyone week? As for any spark today, come on mate, there was none.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:50 - Apr 5 with 1185 viewsnshearman1

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:39 - Apr 5 by ITFC_96

The real shame here is that him and the other youngsters have not been allowed to develop. Now we're at the situation of almost certainly not getting promoted with a bunch of players who have underperformed and just stunted their development.

I don't agree that he gets pushed off the ball too easily, he gets tripped over all the time (would bet he's our most fouled player per minute played), and when he does lose the ball he looks to get it back straight away. Usually does a lot of the time too.

Exactly. IMHO he has more ball retention than Dozzell and should be given a run in place of Dozzell because of what's been said before, he has real attacking threat and wins free kicks in dangerous situations - instead of giving them away.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:53 - Apr 5 with 1163 viewsZXBlue

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:50 - Apr 5 by nshearman1

Exactly. IMHO he has more ball retention than Dozzell and should be given a run in place of Dozzell because of what's been said before, he has real attacking threat and wins free kicks in dangerous situations - instead of giving them away.

Completely different position. And Dozzell has barely given away a free kick since Cook arrived.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:53 - Apr 5 with 1153 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:49 - Apr 5 by mattyhollandsirish

Absurd comment or maybe just something you don't agree with. For clarity though. You don't think playing regular league football would have benefited him when it was clear and still is clear that he's not going to get that here? Or maybe Cook has got it wrong too and he should be playing 90 mins everyone week? As for any spark today, come on mate, there was none.

How many of our loanees have gone out only to not play regularly?

How much pitch time has Dobra had since staying?

The big issue is the massive collection of mediocre players that have kept like him and El Mizouni from being given pitch time. Would they really have offered us anything less than Harrop, Thomas and Parrott? If not, better they were getting that pitch time with us at this level instead of training at some lower side and hardly getting any pitch time.

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 21:17 - Apr 5 with 1039 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 21:29 - Apr 5 with 998 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:53 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

How many of our loanees have gone out only to not play regularly?

How much pitch time has Dobra had since staying?

The big issue is the massive collection of mediocre players that have kept like him and El Mizouni from being given pitch time. Would they really have offered us anything less than Harrop, Thomas and Parrott? If not, better they were getting that pitch time with us at this level instead of training at some lower side and hardly getting any pitch time.

But if the likes of McGavin and Miz can’t get game time at the likes of Ayr and Cambridge it hardly suggests that they are going to rip it up n this division.

My fear is that our academy is massively overhyped.

Poll: Our final position

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 21:35 - Apr 5 with 964 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 21:29 - Apr 5 by southnorfolkblue

But if the likes of McGavin and Miz can’t get game time at the likes of Ayr and Cambridge it hardly suggests that they are going to rip it up n this division.

Kind of where I was coming at it from too. There is hopefully a player in Dobra and I agree with the comments that he is positive and goes forward, carries the ball etc. But truth is, he's done nothing of note for us yet and we all seem to expect him to be a key player next season.
Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 22:04 - Apr 5 with 886 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 21:29 - Apr 5 by southnorfolkblue

Either that or the clubs that took them on loan wanted cover for someone who is playing well for them. Maybe the manager doesn't want to develop another club's talent but wanted the depth to their squad. The point is that we might well be able to develop these players ourselves instead. McGavin did fine when he had to cover here. If we still had him, he could be giving Dozzell a rest and he would be the natural replacement for the missing Downes and Skuse. Of course, if both Downes and Skuse had stayed fit and available we would then be bemoaning not having sent McGavin on loan had he been here.

Ultimately this is all about having far too big a squad. Players of the age being discussed either should be covering for our squad at this level or not here as they are unlikely to be good enough.

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 23:35 - Apr 5 with 734 viewsreusersfreekicks

Dobra- Lambert was spot on when annoyed that he didn't want to go out on loan on 20:50 - Apr 5 by nshearman1

Nonsense, completely different players with different team roles
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024