Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE 20:38 - Apr 3 with 119107 viewsgreyhound

Happy Easter one and all.

Hold on to your hats and refresh every 5 minutes throughout Wednesday and Thursday, the deals been done and completion confirmed.

As Paul Cook hinted we are in for a very exciting summer. Its dragged on but now we can focus onwards and upwards.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:01 - Apr 4 with 2860 viewsCheltenham_Blue

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:57 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

If people are allowed to start these threads and agree with them then I'm allowed to post the other side. People are getting carried away. Should that be just left unchecked while there is no evidence from greyhound?

Phil is also saying nothing's currently happening. Why aren't you having a go at him?

Because Dollars. Phil isn't belittling posters or correcting their spelling is he?
Lots of posters not agreeing with Greyhound quite reasonably, but only one acting the way you are.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:02 - Apr 4 with 2842 viewsCheltenham_Blue

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:57 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

Cook wasn't responsible for hiring (or retaining) any of them.

Nor was Lambert when he came in, but.

Actually forget Lambert, I'm not sure he's an actual football manager.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:03 - Apr 4 with 2828 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:01 - Apr 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Because Dollars. Phil isn't belittling posters or correcting their spelling is he?
Lots of posters not agreeing with Greyhound quite reasonably, but only one acting the way you are.

Well said Dad.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:04 - Apr 4 with 2816 viewsGuthrum

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:56 - Apr 4 by Ace_High1

We need a massive clear out with almost all (I would keep Bishop) out of contract players and loans going.

But we don't need 15 in Phil as that is what caused this issue in the first place.

We have plenty of young players to make up the numbers/bench, likes of McGavin, El Miz, Dobra, Baggot, we just need 4 or 5 QUALITY signings to address the issues in the first 11.

This is L1, we will be in L1 next year (no chance of winning the playoffs even if we make it) your bench should mostly be kids.

New GK

KVY
Wolf
Chambers/Baggot/new CB
New LB

Downes
Doz
Bish

Lankester
New CF
New LW

Thats it.

Targeted, specific, well thought out recruitment, not just signing a load of squad filler dross to make up a 30 man squad.

But we will still need L1-ready cover in case of injury or loss of form. Not a bunch of completely raw Youths. Unless we aren't bothered with getting out of this division in any direction but down.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:05 - Apr 4 with 2796 viewsRyorry

Is your calendar 3 days out? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:06 - Apr 4 with 2782 viewsMetal_Hacker

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:04 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

But we will still need L1-ready cover in case of injury or loss of form. Not a bunch of completely raw Youths. Unless we aren't bothered with getting out of this division in any direction but down.

And that midfield again !? Definition of insanity

We need to freshen it up

Poll: If it were one or the other

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:06 - Apr 4 with 2779 viewsBryanPlug

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:53 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hahaha, as I've been told myself, you can't prove a negative!

Ok, so we've established I didn't believe him before - you just threw that in in desperation. Now how about the other link - you said he was first with takeover news, you can surely link that right?

I haven't said the deal's not happening at all. I've said nothing greyhound has posted has any evidence behind it and you're all getting hung up over nothing.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:07 - Apr 4 with 2779 viewsN2_Blue

Nothing has changed from my last contribution on this but no deal is likely anytime soon.

If and that is a big if, from what I hear if Evans makes the decision to sell it will not be until it is confirmed what division Town are in. And even then MEs valuation is miles away from what I have been told has actually been offered so it will really come down to whether ME wants to sell....unlikely based on his current evaluation and Gamechangers offer.

Things are going on in background and people are picking up snippets which makes them think a deal is about to be done but people getting there hopes up for anything happening in the next month are going to be very disappointed.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:09 - Apr 4 with 2740 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:48 - Apr 4 by Funge

Go for a nice walk, and stop arguing for no reason.

If people believing this codswallop are going to have their say I'm entitled to mine.

Just disagree with me if you like. No need to get upset.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:10 - Apr 4 with 2739 viewsCheltenham_Blue

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:07 - Apr 4 by N2_Blue

Nothing has changed from my last contribution on this but no deal is likely anytime soon.

If and that is a big if, from what I hear if Evans makes the decision to sell it will not be until it is confirmed what division Town are in. And even then MEs valuation is miles away from what I have been told has actually been offered so it will really come down to whether ME wants to sell....unlikely based on his current evaluation and Gamechangers offer.

Things are going on in background and people are picking up snippets which makes them think a deal is about to be done but people getting there hopes up for anything happening in the next month are going to be very disappointed.

Have you heard what ME's valuation actually is?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:12 - Apr 4 with 2716 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:51 - Apr 4 by bluejacko

On this thread you are voicing your doubts! Yet on the game changer thread you are going along with the fun.

The game changerthread is entirely different. Muncher has posted facts.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:13 - Apr 4 with 2712 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:09 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

If people believing this codswallop are going to have their say I'm entitled to mine.

Just disagree with me if you like. No need to get upset.

Kettle ....pot....pot.....kettle...

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:14 - Apr 4 with 2696 viewsCheltenham_Blue

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:06 - Apr 4 by Metal_Hacker

And that midfield again !? Definition of insanity

We need to freshen it up

Personally, I'd keep all three, but send Doz out on a season long loan. I think that those three, (Doz, Bish and Downes), have spent too long together and need splitting up for a bit.

I'd like to see us sign a Ryan Shawcross type to sit in the midfield too, a big shi thouse that can get at opponents and break up the play. Then Bish can drive forward with the ball as much as he likes.

You can't have Doz and Bish in the same side, it's too light weight.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 10:16]

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:15 - Apr 4 with 2681 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:06 - Apr 4 by BryanPlug

Pahahahaha.

Still no links then Bryan?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:17 - Apr 4 with 2649 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:13 - Apr 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Kettle ....pot....pot.....kettle...

You're doing a lot of following me around these days. Do you want a kiss?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:18 - Apr 4 with 2640 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:17 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're doing a lot of following me around these days. Do you want a kiss?

Always!
What is your next new name going to be xx

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:19 - Apr 4 with 2639 viewsPhilTWTD

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:56 - Apr 4 by Ace_High1

We need a massive clear out with almost all (I would keep Bishop) out of contract players and loans going.

But we don't need 15 in Phil as that is what caused this issue in the first place.

We have plenty of young players to make up the numbers/bench, likes of McGavin, El Miz, Dobra, Baggot, we just need 4 or 5 QUALITY signings to address the issues in the first 11.

This is L1, we will be in L1 next year (no chance of winning the playoffs even if we make it) your bench should mostly be kids.

New GK

KVY
Wolf
Chambers/Baggot/new CB
New LB

Downes
Doz
Bish

Lankester
New CF
New LW

Thats it.

Targeted, specific, well thought out recruitment, not just signing a load of squad filler dross to make up a 30 man squad.

Fifteen was just a number off the top of my head, but there will be a lot coming in, more than just four or five, I think, as there will be a lot leaving.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:22 - Apr 4 with 2585 viewsRyorry

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:32 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

I can't face this again. If this doesn't happen by 5pm Friday I am off for at least a month.

Well, that'd be one good thing to come out of it anyway

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:23 - Apr 4 with 2572 viewsnodge_blue

Surely the valuations cant be that far apart or the searches wouldn't have been carried out.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:29 - Apr 4 with 2503 viewsSitfcB

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:46 - Apr 4 by BryanPlug

Doubt he’s had any for a while, well since his lover Paul Lambert left

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:29 - Apr 4 with 2492 viewsRyorry

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:04 - Apr 4 by CokeIsKey

Is this really necessary Phil the day before Easter?

Perhaps he's getting his own back for all those Squabble Sundays where he's had to stay up till 3am on Mondays to separate our fighting toddlers? 🤔

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:33 - Apr 4 with 2469 viewsbluejacko

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:23 - Apr 4 by nodge_blue

Surely the valuations cant be that far apart or the searches wouldn't have been carried out.

It seems that people are picking up on this and that! On/off who knows,we can all agree or disagree on who we believe or not.
The fact is though near or not there is something in the wind as these searches would not be there for the sake of it.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:42 - Apr 4 with 2385 viewschicoazul

Evans has decided to sell. He decided that ages ago.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:49 - Apr 4 with 2321 viewsRonFearonsHair

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:19 - Apr 4 by PhilTWTD

Fifteen was just a number off the top of my head, but there will be a lot coming in, more than just four or five, I think, as there will be a lot leaving.

Please could you put each departure in its own story so I can enjoy them all individually? I promise I will click on every ad in every story.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:50 - Apr 4 with 2298 viewsRyorry

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:18 - Apr 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Always!
What is your next new name going to be xx

National Theatre Live are screening 'Romeo and Juliet' on Sky Arts (Freeview ch 11) at 9pm tonight just for you two :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024