Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE 20:38 - Apr 3 with 119120 viewsgreyhound

Happy Easter one and all.

Hold on to your hats and refresh every 5 minutes throughout Wednesday and Thursday, the deals been done and completion confirmed.

As Paul Cook hinted we are in for a very exciting summer. Its dragged on but now we can focus onwards and upwards.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:12 - Apr 4 with 4611 viewsketton_itfc

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:00 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

The 50% being sold is the crucial bit. There's nothing else in the thread you linked that Phil has since confirmed. I've shown where he was wrong about Lambert not going as well.

I'm done (everyone will be pleased to know). People are obviously going to just believe this no matter what.

Greyhound and Le2blue first mentioned news of a takeover before anyone else. Phil, the athletic and the Guardian subsequently had articles relating to a takeover. Add Muncher’s thread to it all and I think Greyhound has shown at the very least that he had some decent info whatever the specifics. If he’s heard something else and shared it with us he at least deserves to have our ear.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:18 - Apr 4 with 4553 viewsChurchman

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:04 - Apr 4 by Ryorry

"It appears that I would of been granted more credibility if at the time of. The original post I could of predicted the utter shambles of lamberts final few games, his treatment of players and subsequent departure"

Tbh, I think many people on here did predict "the utter shambles of lamberts final few games, his treatment of players and subsequent departure".

"which obviously cost Marcus more money and likely lead to the deal negotiations changing."

And if ME couldn't foresee or predict that himself, then he's an even poorer owner of ITFC & worse businessman than I'd thought!

Lambert and shambles were two words glued together. However, I predicted ME would cling to PL like brown stuff to a cows rear end because of Evans not wanting to pay up his contract.

One minute after posting, it was announced he was out of the door. So having shot myself to bits on that, I’m well on the sidelines with this just crossing fingers and toes that the OP has got it right!
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:24 - Apr 4 with 4506 viewsRyorry

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:18 - Apr 4 by Churchman

Lambert and shambles were two words glued together. However, I predicted ME would cling to PL like brown stuff to a cows rear end because of Evans not wanting to pay up his contract.

One minute after posting, it was announced he was out of the door. So having shot myself to bits on that, I’m well on the sidelines with this just crossing fingers and toes that the OP has got it right!

"ME would cling to PL like brown stuff to a cows rear end ..."

What a beautiful phrase (which I've bookmarked for future use if that's OK?) - uppied for that & honesty :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:32 - Apr 4 with 4418 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 12:50 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

How am I being a twit? You're repeating what you've said... but again, no links. I'm perfectly relaxed. Just had a lovely couple of soft-boiled Burford Browns with soldiers. All I want is some evidence of this guy "clearly having access to people" rather than people just saying it!

Love you Dolly...not just eggs but Burford Browns...thanks for the chuckle as I sit in the sun eating my locally sourced eggy bread.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:36 - Apr 4 with 4397 viewsjeera

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:00 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

The 50% being sold is the crucial bit. There's nothing else in the thread you linked that Phil has since confirmed. I've shown where he was wrong about Lambert not going as well.

I'm done (everyone will be pleased to know). People are obviously going to just believe this no matter what.

"The 50% being sold is the crucial bit"

What's crucial about it? It is to you because you've latched onto to it like you do when you start obsessing.

You're exactly the same every time someone comes up with a bit of info, be it Joe or anyone else; you won't have it and will argue over nothing until you're blue and everyone else is tired of it. You cannot stand that someone may know something you don't.

Every single time it's a replica of the same routine.

As for the land, the thread on the searches confirmed it is potentially in 2 parts which is apparently common knowledge to many people anyway. Not to me, but it's clear that plenty already knew the training facilities and the rest may be able to be separated. Why is that a big deal? He was right that something was occuring there, if not precise at the time he first mentioned it.

As he says, he can only go by what he is told. You make an absolute fuss over nothing.

As for correcting his grammar, really? You make those mistakes quite often yourself: their, there, they're...

Edit: Sorry for going in heavy. I shan't edit the rest of the post because that would be hiding from my own take on things, but I acknowledge going in too strong myself here.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 15:49]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:46 - Apr 4 with 4330 viewsJackSted

Statman seems to think otherwise. Not sure who to believe now :(

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:58 - Apr 4 with 4174 viewschrismakin

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:46 - Apr 4 by JackSted

Makes no sense

Dont support the club financially. Then moan about lack of investment.

Whilst M.E doesnt have the money to make us a prem team he is financially sound for this league and lower championship. Support and get back to championship rather than all this M.E out bol ox.

Some owners barely have interest in their clubs. M.e alone has kept us solvent and in the past 18 months has ploughed in so much money to keep it running. Some owners may have thought sod it. Fold it. Which a new owner possibly might. Hes already said in the past.. 2 offers he turned down they went to two clubs. Both clubs they left after 2/3 years leaving them rotten.
This is what happens when the fans demand to much in a modern football landscape that has changed since we were successful. It's a money rich requirement yet people weren't happy with midtable championship under Mick

So keep protesting. Just hope you all bookmark your posts and desires when a new owner takes over and we end up like Bury ( I.e fked) all because we once were successful over 20 years ago.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 14:31]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:05 - Apr 4 with 4136 viewsRyorry

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:32 - Apr 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Love you Dolly...not just eggs but Burford Browns...thanks for the chuckle as I sit in the sun eating my locally sourced eggy bread.

Are those the Burford Brown Very Large?

They really are the best eggs in the UK - love em! One of the reasons I tend to stick mostly with Waitrose for my supermarket shops nowadays is that they stock those, & the whole range, incl. duck eggs sometimes which are also superb :)

Login to get fewer ads

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:08 - Apr 4 with 4104 viewsJ2BLUE

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:58 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

Makes no sense

Dont support the club financially. Then moan about lack of investment.

Whilst M.E doesnt have the money to make us a prem team he is financially sound for this league and lower championship. Support and get back to championship rather than all this M.E out bol ox.

Some owners barely have interest in their clubs. M.e alone has kept us solvent and in the past 18 months has ploughed in so much money to keep it running. Some owners may have thought sod it. Fold it. Which a new owner possibly might. Hes already said in the past.. 2 offers he turned down they went to two clubs. Both clubs they left after 2/3 years leaving them rotten.
This is what happens when the fans demand to much in a modern football landscape that has changed since we were successful. It's a money rich requirement yet people weren't happy with midtable championship under Mick

So keep protesting. Just hope you all bookmark your posts and desires when a new owner takes over and we end up like Bury ( I.e fked) all because we once were successful over 20 years ago.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 14:31]

How many new owners end up like Bury? You keep mentioning them. It's happened once in how many takeovers?

Classic example of you picking a stance and then bending the evidence to fit that stance rather than considering the evidence and forming an opinion based on that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:16 - Apr 4 with 4011 viewschrismakin

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:08 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

How many new owners end up like Bury? You keep mentioning them. It's happened once in how many takeovers?

Classic example of you picking a stance and then bending the evidence to fit that stance rather than considering the evidence and forming an opinion based on that.

It's all about opinions. Define what a bury situation is and it differs to people depending on the level of the club. I just mean the club gets fked.

But other take overs that went wrong.. wigan. Theres one. Owner promised the earth then pulled the plug resulting in administration and the points deduction.

Carson Yeung - Birmingham

Venkys - Blackburn

Alexandre Gaydamak - Portsmouth

Massimo Cellino - Leeds

Roland Duchâtelet - Charlton

Do you want anymore.. does that allow me to have a different opinion to you?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 14:18]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:20 - Apr 4 with 3990 viewsJackSted

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:16 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

It's all about opinions. Define what a bury situation is and it differs to people depending on the level of the club. I just mean the club gets fked.

But other take overs that went wrong.. wigan. Theres one. Owner promised the earth then pulled the plug resulting in administration and the points deduction.

Venkys - Blackburn

Massimo Cellino - Leeds

I think the difference with us is that the potential new owners have ownership of multiple different clubs, and look how well they’ve done since taking them over

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:23 - Apr 4 with 3956 viewsKieran_Knows

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 13:46 - Apr 4 by JackSted

Statman doesn't know sh*t.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:24 - Apr 4 with 3927 viewschrismakin

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:20 - Apr 4 by JackSted

I think the difference with us is that the potential new owners have ownership of multiple different clubs, and look how well they’ve done since taking them over

This is the issue tho. No one knows what the set up will be or who exactly is involved.
A few names banded about. But Phoenix have 13 co owners. Will we have 13 owners. Or just 1 or 2.
Phil mentioned that this Brett Fella wouldnt be heavily involved ( or something like that)

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:31 - Apr 4 with 3871 viewsJ2BLUE

Venkys - Blackburn

Massimo Cellino - Leeds

Bury were expelled from the league. You can't say other clubs are in a Bury situation. Leeds are in the Premier League...

Who said you can't have a different opinion? I just wanted some examples. Almost all of those were short term issues which quickly changed with another sale. That's the problem with those of you who say it could (somehow..) be worse than this. Most problems get fixed pretty soon. Look at Wigan. They are finding a new owner very quickly.

Yesterday you said you wanted the takeover. Today you're telling us to bookmark our posts because we're going to end up like Bury.

Sorry if pointing out your contradictions offends you.

I just don't get those of you so scared of change. Evans has taken us from challenging for the Prem to league one. His reign has been a disaster. It's funny you point to twenty years ago. Most of that time Evans has been here tying a hand behind our back. You're supporting Evans who has overseen our collapse and yet most clubs who get bad owners quickly get resold and everything improves quickly. We've had 1.5 decades of Evans. The club has been neglected. You still keep pushing this myth that it's all about money despite it being explained to you repeatedly.

You are incredibly disingenuous and dishonest. Don't bother PMing me again, you reverted to type almost instantly.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 14:32]

Truly impaired.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:40 - Apr 4 with 3772 viewsblueprint

Venkys - Blackburn

Massimo Cellino - Leeds

The Venkys are still at Blackburn.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:42 - Apr 4 with 3753 viewschrismakin

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:31 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

Bury were expelled from the league. You can't say other clubs are in a Bury situation. Leeds are in the Premier League...

Who said you can't have a different opinion? I just wanted some examples. Almost all of those were short term issues which quickly changed with another sale. That's the problem with those of you who say it could (somehow..) be worse than this. Most problems get fixed pretty soon. Look at Wigan. They are finding a new owner very quickly.

Yesterday you said you wanted the takeover. Today you're telling us to bookmark our posts because we're going to end up like Bury.

Sorry if pointing out your contradictions offends you.

I just don't get those of you so scared of change. Evans has taken us from challenging for the Prem to league one. His reign has been a disaster. It's funny you point to twenty years ago. Most of that time Evans has been here tying a hand behind our back. You're supporting Evans who has overseen our collapse and yet most clubs who get bad owners quickly get resold and everything improves quickly. We've had 1.5 decades of Evans. The club has been neglected. You still keep pushing this myth that it's all about money despite it being explained to you repeatedly.

You are incredibly disingenuous and dishonest. Don't bother PMing me again, you reverted to type almost instantly.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 14:32]

Lol. I dmed to apologise as I was quite personal to you and jeers that evening.

I have nothing to apologise for with this.

You dont appreciate it when someone isnt as passionate as you about the take over.

I've agreed all the way through I'm not against a take over. That doesnt mean I would protest for it. Demand it etc that's the difference as where we are isnt as bad as you and some make out. And in think M.E is solid enough to get us back to the championship.

So list ignore the take overs that went wrong then.. just go by where one is now... so should we be hoping for a bad take over and then a good one?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:43 - Apr 4 with 3738 viewschrismakin

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:40 - Apr 4 by blueprint

The Venkys are still at Blackburn.

In that case then. If they're now turning it around. Theres nothing to say M.E cant :)

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:48 - Apr 4 with 3716 viewsJ2BLUE

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:42 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

Lol. I dmed to apologise as I was quite personal to you and jeers that evening.

I have nothing to apologise for with this.

You dont appreciate it when someone isnt as passionate as you about the take over.

I've agreed all the way through I'm not against a take over. That doesnt mean I would protest for it. Demand it etc that's the difference as where we are isnt as bad as you and some make out. And in think M.E is solid enough to get us back to the championship.

So list ignore the take overs that went wrong then.. just go by where one is now... so should we be hoping for a bad take over and then a good one?

Wrong. I don't understand why some of you are so risk averse when the evidence shows that most takeovers that go wrong very quickly get corrected with another sale. I don't understand how anyone can be happy with Evans who has seen a slow and steady decline since he came in.

Again you're moving the goalposts with protests and demands. Read your post back. You said bookmark our posts when we're taken over and end up like Bury. So the takeover would have been completed and you still suggest we'll end up like Bury. Oh and Evans is solid enough to get us back into the league we were in when he arrived? Brilliant. That's real progress isn't it? You said it yourself, the ceiling for Evans here is lower Championship. The ceiling is now lower than where we were when he came in and that's acceptable to you...

Are you really that thick or are you yet again deliberately missing the point because you can't argue with it?

Truly impaired.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:53 - Apr 4 with 3667 viewsblueprint

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:43 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

In that case then. If they're now turning it around. Theres nothing to say M.E cant :)

They never resorted to any cost cutting measures year after year like Evans. And the roofs and steelwork at Ewood park aren’t manky .
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:53 - Apr 4 with 3662 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Venkys - Blackburn

Massimo Cellino - Leeds

It is indeed all about opinions.

I have no problem with people presenting different opinions it is, after all, the soul of a forum.

Where it gets a little tiresome and "I won the internet" is here in my opinion,

"Just hope you all bookmark your posts and desires when a new owner takes over and we end up like Bury ( I.e fked) all because we once were successful over 20 years ago."

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 15:01 - Apr 4 with 3577 viewschrismakin

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:48 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

Wrong. I don't understand why some of you are so risk averse when the evidence shows that most takeovers that go wrong very quickly get corrected with another sale. I don't understand how anyone can be happy with Evans who has seen a slow and steady decline since he came in.

Again you're moving the goalposts with protests and demands. Read your post back. You said bookmark our posts when we're taken over and end up like Bury. So the takeover would have been completed and you still suggest we'll end up like Bury. Oh and Evans is solid enough to get us back into the league we were in when he arrived? Brilliant. That's real progress isn't it? You said it yourself, the ceiling for Evans here is lower Championship. The ceiling is now lower than where we were when he came in and that's acceptable to you...

Are you really that thick or are you yet again deliberately missing the point because you can't argue with it?

The ceiling is lower because we can only deal with the current situation and that is at this moment in time being a league 1 side hoping to get back into the championship. And I think we will do it and M.E is a good enough owner for this. What's happened in the past is currently irrelevant because it's done with and until we are a championship side again at least.. the way the club needs to be run is different. I.e you dont need a full on structure at league 1 level.

And yeah I said bookmark it because I find it absolutely awful that people are protesting and people are telling others to stop supporting the club.. at least we 'know' what we have to support. By protesting and stopping to support the club we are actually just being part of the problem and supporting potential new owners that we know nothing of and who 'could' be worse.

To keep saying we were just outside the prem etc doesnt matter football has changed. It pretty much changed within 2 years of him taking on the club. The fian ces of football changed so quickly. Imo m.e cant be blamed for town not getting promotion at that time. Since then hes just been keeping it afloat the best he can. Whilst keeping with the traditions of itfc... supporting managers long term. In Hurst I was shocked.. but he tried his best to keep us up by getting rid quickly. And then with Lambert.. the supporters showed he had support so you cant even blame M.E for supporting him too.

You base all your replies asking for evidence... how can I have any about a specific take over.. I cant and you know that

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 15:15 - Apr 4 with 3501 viewsJ2BLUE

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 15:01 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

The ceiling is lower because we can only deal with the current situation and that is at this moment in time being a league 1 side hoping to get back into the championship. And I think we will do it and M.E is a good enough owner for this. What's happened in the past is currently irrelevant because it's done with and until we are a championship side again at least.. the way the club needs to be run is different. I.e you dont need a full on structure at league 1 level.

And yeah I said bookmark it because I find it absolutely awful that people are protesting and people are telling others to stop supporting the club.. at least we 'know' what we have to support. By protesting and stopping to support the club we are actually just being part of the problem and supporting potential new owners that we know nothing of and who 'could' be worse.

To keep saying we were just outside the prem etc doesnt matter football has changed. It pretty much changed within 2 years of him taking on the club. The fian ces of football changed so quickly. Imo m.e cant be blamed for town not getting promotion at that time. Since then hes just been keeping it afloat the best he can. Whilst keeping with the traditions of itfc... supporting managers long term. In Hurst I was shocked.. but he tried his best to keep us up by getting rid quickly. And then with Lambert.. the supporters showed he had support so you cant even blame M.E for supporting him too.

You base all your replies asking for evidence... how can I have any about a specific take over.. I cant and you know that

Your first two paragraphs are opinion I don't agree with but your argument actually makes a bit of sense! That's all I ask for. Oh and for you to stop misrepresenting what i've said.

I completely disagree with your first paragraph. I believe we are where we are due to gross mismanagement. The structure of the club has been criticised by the last three managers. We are set up in a way which blocks success.

No one is telling anyone to stop supporting the club. Each to their own. Some people are making the choice to stop supporting Evans. No one is trying to force anyone else to do it. If people renew their STs etc I won't look down on them or judge them, it's just that for me I can't watch Evans destroy this club anymore. My loyalty is to the club, not the owner and I refuse to help him dismantle the club I love.

You keep mentioning the finances of football. I will say one last time this is not about money. This is about Evans refusing to delegate power to someone who knows how to run a club successfully. This is about Evans hiring yes men like Clegg, Milne and LON who have no power. This is about Evans not giving the club the attention it needs. If Evans suddenly this summer announces that he's appointing a decent CEO who knows how to run a club and he's providing a budget and then stepping back from day to day running of the club that is a completely different situation to the last 1.5 decades. It's not going to happen though is it? Phil says he doesn't want to delegate power and he wants to succeed himself. He's proven over a very long time that he can't do it. I agree Cook will get us up but long term we will be back in this league to stay under Evans' ownership. I can't understand why anyone can support a man who has failed in a system which has failed.

I don't ask for evidence which isn't available, I simply ask you to look at other clubs and look at things logically. The chances of being the next Bury are miniscule. Clubs who get taken over by bad owners usually get resold quickly and that team rises again. We have an owner who has dismantled the club so slowly and under the radar that the wider football world can't see it. I'm amazed our own fans can't see it though.

Truly impaired.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 15:33 - Apr 4 with 3377 viewsRyorry

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 15:15 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

Your first two paragraphs are opinion I don't agree with but your argument actually makes a bit of sense! That's all I ask for. Oh and for you to stop misrepresenting what i've said.

I completely disagree with your first paragraph. I believe we are where we are due to gross mismanagement. The structure of the club has been criticised by the last three managers. We are set up in a way which blocks success.

No one is telling anyone to stop supporting the club. Each to their own. Some people are making the choice to stop supporting Evans. No one is trying to force anyone else to do it. If people renew their STs etc I won't look down on them or judge them, it's just that for me I can't watch Evans destroy this club anymore. My loyalty is to the club, not the owner and I refuse to help him dismantle the club I love.

You keep mentioning the finances of football. I will say one last time this is not about money. This is about Evans refusing to delegate power to someone who knows how to run a club successfully. This is about Evans hiring yes men like Clegg, Milne and LON who have no power. This is about Evans not giving the club the attention it needs. If Evans suddenly this summer announces that he's appointing a decent CEO who knows how to run a club and he's providing a budget and then stepping back from day to day running of the club that is a completely different situation to the last 1.5 decades. It's not going to happen though is it? Phil says he doesn't want to delegate power and he wants to succeed himself. He's proven over a very long time that he can't do it. I agree Cook will get us up but long term we will be back in this league to stay under Evans' ownership. I can't understand why anyone can support a man who has failed in a system which has failed.

I don't ask for evidence which isn't available, I simply ask you to look at other clubs and look at things logically. The chances of being the next Bury are miniscule. Clubs who get taken over by bad owners usually get resold quickly and that team rises again. We have an owner who has dismantled the club so slowly and under the radar that the wider football world can't see it. I'm amazed our own fans can't see it though.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say J2, I think you're ovrlooking the personal factor in this - some people are just risk averse by nature & would rather stick with the devil they know than twist - they worry about becoming a Bury or Maidstone, and that's deep in people's psyches. It's fear of the unknown, & you're not going to change that, however hard you try.

You're a gambler who's prepared to take risks with sensible sums of money that you can afford to lose, as well as doing the matched betting. I'm a gambler who bets tiny amounts of money for the fun & excitement. You're full-on in favour of a take-over, I'm slightly in favour (meaning I'd like one if an obviously solid buyer who passes all 'fit & proper person' checks that most reasonable people would agree on, came along). I think that's a demonstration of how in-line with people's personalities their views of a takeover of our Club is.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 15:36 - Apr 4 with 3349 viewsChurchman

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 14:43 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

After 13 years it doesn’t matter if he is incapable or unwilling. Just look at where the club was and where it is. Just look at the abject state of it. Look at the clubs who have overtaken us in those years. How many have fallen further and how many have had so little to cheer?

All the evidence is there to say ME can’t or won’t or both.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 15:38 - Apr 4 with 3330 viewsJ2BLUE

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 15:33 - Apr 4 by Ryorry

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say J2, I think you're ovrlooking the personal factor in this - some people are just risk averse by nature & would rather stick with the devil they know than twist - they worry about becoming a Bury or Maidstone, and that's deep in people's psyches. It's fear of the unknown, & you're not going to change that, however hard you try.

You're a gambler who's prepared to take risks with sensible sums of money that you can afford to lose, as well as doing the matched betting. I'm a gambler who bets tiny amounts of money for the fun & excitement. You're full-on in favour of a take-over, I'm slightly in favour (meaning I'd like one if an obviously solid buyer who passes all 'fit & proper person' checks that most reasonable people would agree on, came along). I think that's a demonstration of how in-line with people's personalities their views of a takeover of our Club is.

That's not true though. They've created this myth that I would happily risk the future of the club on a whim. It's not true. I have looked at the details we know, the people involved, Phoenix Rising and decided that it's a risk worth taking. As I said to CM, many clubs who get a bad takeover quickly get resold. You could argue we would have been better to get a bad owner, go into admin and get re-sold than have this period under Evans of slow and gradual decline. The club is in a right mess.

Even the most risk averse should look at the Evans reign and see it can't continue surely?

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024