Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I will still be posting as irregularly as before 20:48 - Apr 1 with 1993 viewsTheSelkirk

Just so everyone is aware.

I would also add that a cheese and beetroot sandwich is the King of Sandwiches.

Thank you.
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:50 - Apr 1 with 1811 viewsJ2BLUE

Right well that's me done then.

See ya everyone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:54 - Apr 1 with 1790 viewsPinewoodblue

You will need to edit that you need to be more specific surely not just any old cheese?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:56 - Apr 1 with 1784 viewsfabian_illness

Anything containing beetroot belongs in the bin
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:56 - Apr 1 with 1781 viewsTheSelkirk

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:54 - Apr 1 by Pinewoodblue

You will need to edit that you need to be more specific surely not just any old cheese?

Apologies for the oversight. A mature cheddar best suits.

I can't remember there being any interest in cheese or here before ...
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:56 - Apr 1 with 1779 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:57 - Apr 1 with 1769 viewsTheSelkirk

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:56 - Apr 1 by fabian_illness

Given the right support, and used in the right position, beetroot can be world class.

It has no equal as a sarnie combo.
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:58 - Apr 1 with 1767 viewsStokieBlue

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:56 - Apr 1 by fabian_illness

Madness.

Beetroot is superb and very versatile.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:00 - Apr 1 with 1749 viewsjeera

I love beetroot.

But in a sandwich?

It makes the bread all soggy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:01 - Apr 1 with 1742 viewsTheSelkirk

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:00 - Apr 1 by jeera

I love beetroot.

But in a sandwich?

It makes the bread all soggy.

Probably wise that I didn't mention that my second favourite was pickled onions Jeera! There are soggy ramifications there perhaps.
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:15 - Apr 1 with 1711 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

With salad cream I hope.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:16 - Apr 1 with 1715 viewsfabian_illness

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:58 - Apr 1 by StokieBlue

Madness.

SB

I’ve never even tried beetroot, but, I still get nightmares of it bubbling on my mans stove, the nightmare ends with her, less her teeth, chomping away on slices of beetroot with all the juice running down her hairy chin.
It makes me heave.
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:18 - Apr 1 with 1704 viewsjeera

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:01 - Apr 1 by TheSelkirk

Probably wise that I didn't mention that my second favourite was pickled onions Jeera! There are soggy ramifications there perhaps.

Love pickled onions too. Mostly the silverskin type.

But again, in a sandwich?

Strong cheddar and onion sandwich, for me, has to be the white onion so fresh it make you cry when you slice it and your mouth and nostrils burn a bit when you eat it!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 21:18]

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:19 - Apr 1 with 1696 viewsjeera

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:16 - Apr 1 by fabian_illness

I’ve never even tried beetroot, but, I still get nightmares of it bubbling on my mans stove, the nightmare ends with her, less her teeth, chomping away on slices of beetroot with all the juice running down her hairy chin.
It makes me heave.

To be fair, I think that would do it for most living creatures!

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:45 - Apr 1 with 1651 viewsTheSelkirk

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:15 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

With salad cream I hope.

No, sir.

Wasn't salad cream originally produced to disguise other flavours?
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:51 - Apr 1 with 1641 viewsjeera

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:45 - Apr 1 by TheSelkirk

No, sir.

Wasn't salad cream originally produced to disguise other flavours?

Ha.

A funny one salad cream, it's a real Marmite similarity isn't it?

I really like it in a proper doorstep type ham salad sandwich.

In fact, in honesty, a real ham and crispy salad with salad cream sandwich is probably my favourite sandwich of all time. Certainly in the summer anyway.

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 22:19 - Apr 1 with 1604 viewsJ2BLUE

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:15 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

With salad cream I hope.

Dirty bastard.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:24 - Apr 2 with 1430 viewsjontysnut

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:51 - Apr 1 by jeera

Ha.

In fact, in honesty, a real ham and crispy salad with salad cream sandwich is probably my favourite sandwich of all time. Certainly in the summer anyway.

When I was a kid we used to have salad cream sandwiches. Or brown sauce. We only had beetroot when people came for tea, along with a tin of salmon and hard boiled eggs.
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:32 - Apr 2 with 1423 viewsBluebell

Cheese and beetroot sandwiches have always been a favourite of mine but the beetroot has to be hot. It makes the cheese melt and is amazing!
I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:36 - Apr 2 with 1417 viewsPinewoodblue

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:32 - Apr 2 by Bluebell

Cheese and beetroot sandwiches have always been a favourite of mine but the beetroot has to be hot. It makes the cheese melt and is amazing!

Had hot beetroot, as a side, with Lasagne, for lunch yesterday.

Love Tyrells beetroot crisps.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:36 - Apr 2 with 1416 viewsWeWereZombies

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 20:58 - Apr 1 by StokieBlue

Madness.

SB

Bear in mind that some will only have experienced beetroot from a jar, ready sliced and in liquid, or skinned and in shrink wrap packaging. No comparison to buying, or growing your own, beetroot fresh out of the ground. And a slice of that lightly roasted does sound like a sandwich addition that would not make bread soggy but would imbue the bread and cheese with a good contrast of taste.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:38 - Apr 2 with 1413 viewsGeoffSentence

It reallyis the devil's vegetable. Probably responsible for a lot of cancer scares too.

And ot put it in a sandwich for that purple hue to soak in and spread is just ghastly.

Then to put it on top of decent cheese, swamping it with that muddy flavour it has, is a form of sacrilege.

Everything about that sandwich is wrong.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:52 - Apr 2 with 1397 viewsStokieBlue

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:36 - Apr 2 by WeWereZombies

Bear in mind that some will only have experienced beetroot from a jar, ready sliced and in liquid, or skinned and in shrink wrap packaging. No comparison to buying, or growing your own, beetroot fresh out of the ground. And a slice of that lightly roasted does sound like a sandwich addition that would not make bread soggy but would imbue the bread and cheese with a good contrast of taste.

Indeed, those shrink wrapped pre-cooked ones are awful. Has to be fresh and prepared yourself.

I use it a lot. It's lovely roasted, pureed or pickled.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 08:59 - Apr 2 with 1386 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 21:51 - Apr 1 by jeera

Ha.

It is the original mayonnaise and far superior...pwoper British stuff!

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 09:02 - Apr 2 with 1375 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Freshly picked and grated beetroot in a salad is a game changer, salad cream optional.

I will still be posting as irregularly as before on 09:53 - Apr 2 with 1346 viewsGuthrum

Always liked beetroot, reminds me of childhood.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024