Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If somebody out there 13:07 - Mar 30 with 1823 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Set up a “Phoenix club” say for example “AFC Ipswich which obviously started at the lowest level, if it started to rise through the divisions could you ever imagine following them?

If Ipswich Town continue the way they are then I think I for one could easily be convinced without me thinking like I am cheating on my club!!!
If somebody out there on 13:13 - Mar 30 with 1781 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Reckon I'd just start supporting Ipswich Wanderers, to be honest...
If somebody out there on 13:19 - Mar 30 with 1748 viewsJ2BLUE

I would brand you all traitors and hate you more than Norwich.

If you walk away from this club and let one deluded fool kill it rather than fighting for it I would think of you as lower than a full kit w@nkering, half and half scarf wearing, face painted, yellow wig wearing, tv blubbing ginger Norwich fan.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 13:23]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If somebody out there on 13:22 - Mar 30 with 1725 viewsWicklowBlue

If somebody out there on 13:19 - Mar 30 by J2BLUE

If you walk away from this club and let one deluded fool kill it rather than fighting for it I would think of you as lower than a full kit w@nkering, half and half scarf wearing, face painted, yellow wig wearing, tv blubbing ginger Norwich fan.

Sitting on the fence so J2?
If somebody out there on 13:23 - Mar 30 with 1711 viewsJ2BLUE

If somebody out there on 13:22 - Mar 30 by WicklowBlue

Sitting on the fence so J2?

They must be told of the consequences.

Truly impaired.

If somebody out there on 13:33 - Mar 30 with 1679 viewsElephantintheRoom

It' has already happened hasn't it? Ther club now bears no relation whatsoever to the somewhat Corinthian values instilled by the Cobbolds. Sheepshanks was little more than a grasping old-Etonian spiv, using the club to promote himself up the FA ladder and handed over to a mystery offshore spiv using the club as a lottery ticket.

In that time a huge number of people have chosen not to support what might now be the most unappealing club in the league..- maybe not supporting a newborn club - but something else in local football if not a more rewarding hobby. I followed Cambridge for a while and found the football more enjoyable than Town were playing with players I no longer identified with, even when they were not in the league. Leiston too held my interest for a while..

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If somebody out there on 15:11 - Mar 30 with 1547 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If somebody out there on 13:19 - Mar 30 by J2BLUE

Depends are we talking about United Manchester who were proven right but largely mocked as traitors of AFC Wimbledon who had their team stolen by a millionaire to begin with. Our team was also stolen by a millionaire he just hasn't moved it yet!

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

If somebody out there on 15:12 - Mar 30 with 1542 viewsJ2BLUE

If somebody out there on 15:11 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

Depends are we talking about United Manchester who were proven right but largely mocked as traitors of AFC Wimbledon who had their team stolen by a millionaire to begin with. Our team was also stolen by a millionaire he just hasn't moved it yet!

I'm sorry, what?

Truly impaired.

If somebody out there on 15:15 - Mar 30 with 1529 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If somebody out there on 15:12 - Mar 30 by J2BLUE

I'm sorry, what?

United Manchester who were set up as a result of the Glazers and were proven right as Manchester United have declined under them. They were viewed as traitors to begin with but history has treated them more kindly. Milton Keyes Dons used to be Wimbledon and their owner stole the club and moved it there which is why the AFC exists. Do you qualify those as traitors?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Login to get fewer ads

If somebody out there on 15:38 - Mar 30 with 1486 viewsitfcjoe

No.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If somebody out there on 15:48 - Mar 30 with 1438 viewsJ2BLUE

If somebody out there on 15:15 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

United Manchester who were set up as a result of the Glazers and were proven right as Manchester United have declined under them. They were viewed as traitors to begin with but history has treated them more kindly. Milton Keyes Dons used to be Wimbledon and their owner stole the club and moved it there which is why the AFC exists. Do you qualify those as traitors?

That is much clearer than your first post which seemed to suggest FC United were traitors to Wimbledon!

FC United, kind of. United are a global club so it's much harder for their fans to make a point and probably harder to set up any sort of movement to force the Glazers out. For us we have one man at the helm, we have fan clubs around the world but it's not like we have tourists waiting to take our place if we try and make a point. I think our situation is a lot simpler and we're much more likely to succeed.

Wimbledon, no. Clearly that is a completely different scenario.

Truly impaired.

If somebody out there on 15:50 - Mar 30 with 1432 viewsclive_baker

If somebody out there on 13:33 - Mar 30 by ElephantintheRoom

It' has already happened hasn't it? Ther club now bears no relation whatsoever to the somewhat Corinthian values instilled by the Cobbolds. Sheepshanks was little more than a grasping old-Etonian spiv, using the club to promote himself up the FA ladder and handed over to a mystery offshore spiv using the club as a lottery ticket.

In that time a huge number of people have chosen not to support what might now be the most unappealing club in the league..- maybe not supporting a newborn club - but something else in local football if not a more rewarding hobby. I followed Cambridge for a while and found the football more enjoyable than Town were playing with players I no longer identified with, even when they were not in the league. Leiston too held my interest for a while..

What a load of b0llocks

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If somebody out there on 23:32 - Mar 30 with 1241 viewsZXBlue

If somebody out there on 15:50 - Mar 30 by clive_baker

What a load of b0llocks

Nothing new there...
If somebody out there on 08:16 - Mar 31 with 1098 viewsPositivelyPortman

If somebody out there on 13:23 - Mar 30 by J2BLUE

They must be told of the consequences.

Bovvered?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

If somebody out there on 08:23 - Mar 31 with 1067 viewsSuffolktractor

Sounds like it’s time for you to go proper plastic fan and start supporting the scum up the road.
Unless of course you are already doing that.
If somebody out there on 09:01 - Mar 31 with 1022 viewsSeablu

Well, that’s my gaster utterly flabbered.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024