Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebay sellers of TWTD: 17:56 - Mar 29 with 2765 viewsBlueBadger

Thinking of using Ebay to flog off some old records. Us it going to be wirth it in terms of return? Any recommendation for reasonably priced packaging?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:04 - Mar 29 with 2572 viewsLord_Lucan

We use these for packaging, they are very good and excellent prices.

For records you will probably be best putting in bubble pouch and then mailing bags.

https://www.kitepackaging.co.uk/

However - unless you have some valuable records you may be better off either dumping them or selling as a job lot.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:07 - Mar 29 with 2559 viewsBlueBadger

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:04 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

For records you will probably be best putting in bubble pouch and then mailing bags.

However - unless you have some valuable records you may be better off either dumping them or selling as a job lot.

Gonna be doing some sifting tomorrow. Theres going to be two piles-'worth a punt' and 'charity shop's.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:08 - Mar 29 with 2558 viewsjeera

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:04 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

Are you saying my old Abba albums aren't worth anything?!

Actually funny things are records, you think you have one that's a bit special and you look it up and there are three thousand other people with the same record.

I gave a batch to a charity shop last year once I'd looked them up and found they had a collective worth of about a fiver.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:10 - Mar 29 with 2546 viewsGaryCooper

Sold a great many records on Ebay, pizza boxes and bubble wrap are perfect.
Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:13 - Mar 29 with 2540 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:07 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Gonna be doing some sifting tomorrow. Theres going to be two piles-'worth a punt' and 'charity shop's.

I got rid of my entire CD collection on Music Magpie as I'd transferred everything digitally and simply didn't play them anymore.

I would have got more from selling them on ebay but that would have entailed listing each CD separately and then having to post the all out when and if sold.

Music magpie give you buttons for them but it's quick and easy by scanning the bar code of each CD and you get an instant price.

Got rid of something like 5000 CD's that way.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:16 - Mar 29 with 2536 viewsLancsBlue

Condition is hugely important to the price, as is the pressing. First and early pressings go for much more than later re-issues. UK pressings tend to go for more than foreign pressings. Although some records can fetch good prices, the vast majority are worth little or nothing.

I regularly trade vinyl on Ebay. You can PM me if you want more help or advice.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:25 - Mar 29 with 2510 viewsitfcjoe

You'd be best of trying to sell them locally in first instance via Facebook or similar.

If you can achieve decent prices that way is much more hassle free - plus without the eBay and PayPal fees that stack up quickly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:30 - Mar 29 with 2505 viewsBarcaBlue

I've bought and sold here https://www.discogs.com/

May not get quick sales but will help you get the pricing right and you can always list them elsewhere at the same time.
Login to get fewer ads

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:32 - Mar 29 with 2501 viewsmojo

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:25 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

You'd be best of trying to sell them locally in first instance via Facebook or similar.

If you can achieve decent prices that way is much more hassle free - plus without the eBay and PayPal fees that stack up quickly

Joe from this week PayPal fees no longer apply I don't think. I prefer EBay to Marketplace. Always a chance things will go for more at an auction whereas you set the price on Facebook. You can also make some of the eBay charges back on postage. Horses for courses.
Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:38 - Mar 29 with 2479 viewsitfcjoe

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:32 - Mar 29 by mojo

Joe from this week PayPal fees no longer apply I don't think. I prefer EBay to Marketplace. Always a chance things will go for more at an auction whereas you set the price on Facebook. You can also make some of the eBay charges back on postage. Horses for courses.

eBay take a bigger chunk now though don't they? My wife tried to explain it to me but I switched off.....!

I think for more standard, low cost items Facebook works well - but agree for the things that could go more it is different

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 19:07 - Mar 29 with 2442 viewsmojo

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:38 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

eBay take a bigger chunk now though don't they? My wife tried to explain it to me but I switched off.....!

I think for more standard, low cost items Facebook works well - but agree for the things that could go more it is different

I dont think so, thought it was just the standard 10% but you might be right. I am having a large declutter at the moment. EBay has been better for me as I have been selling a lot more collectible items, toys from childhood etc and you hit a wider audience with eBay for sure.
Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 19:10 - Mar 29 with 2434 viewsDebsyAngel

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:30 - Mar 29 by BarcaBlue

I've bought and sold here https://www.discogs.com/

May not get quick sales but will help you get the pricing right and you can always list them elsewhere at the same time.

Was going to suggest them too - brilliant site, and made me very happy with the stuff that I have received from sellers on there from all over Europe!
Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 19:16 - Mar 29 with 2422 viewsmojo

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:38 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Just checked and you are right. Before eBay took 10% fee, Paypal 2.9% plus 30p. New arrangement 12.8% eBay fee plus 30p charge so a slight saving for the seller.
Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 19:26 - Mar 29 with 2411 viewsBlueBadger

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:13 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

I got rid of my entire CD collection on Music Magpie as I'd transferred everything digitally and simply didn't play them anymore.

I would have got more from selling them on ebay but that would have entailed listing each CD separately and then having to post the all out when and if sold.

Music magpie give you buttons for them but it's quick and easy by scanning the bar code of each CD and you get an instant price.

Yeah, I've done Music Magpie on CDs as well.

As you say, a lot less dicking about if you've got a LOT.

I don't have a massive amount of records and they're mostly from my youth, so it's potentially worth losing an afternoon doing some price searching to see what's worth putting up.

As an aside to this... on 19:33 - Mar 29 with 2396 viewsBlueBadger

...most of the records are 90's grunge, metal and indie, if that's your bag....

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 19:40 - Mar 29 with 2375 viewsBent_double

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 19:16 - Mar 29 by mojo

Just checked and you are right. Before eBay took 10% fee, Paypal 2.9% plus 30p. New arrangement 12.8% eBay fee plus 30p charge so a slight saving for the seller.

I was about to post the same - sold a few bits recently and it worked out to 12ish%

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

As an aside to this... on 19:41 - Mar 29 with 2372 viewshype313

As an aside to this... on 19:33 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

...most of the records are 90's grunge, metal and indie, if that's your bag....

As others have mentioned, if you want to sell vinyl then use discdogs, it's the best side for all genres

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

As an aside to this... on 19:52 - Mar 29 with 2348 viewsBlueBadger

As an aside to this... on 19:41 - Mar 29 by hype313

As others have mentioned, if you want to sell vinyl then use discdogs, it's the best side for all genres

Been browsing through there and it looks like it's the way to go. Cheers all.

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 20:24 - Mar 29 with 2311 viewsBellevueblue

I know people who use Ebay for a fast sale (lesser value vinyl in job lots) and then Discogs for getting maximum value from better records but have them sitting around for a year or more.

On Discogs you get plenty of picky collectors so grade conservatively to avoid hassle. Do you have a list/photos of what you're selling?
Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 20:33 - Mar 29 with 2290 viewsBlueBadger

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 20:24 - Mar 29 by Bellevueblue

I know people who use Ebay for a fast sale (lesser value vinyl in job lots) and then Discogs for getting maximum value from better records but have them sitting around for a year or more.

On Discogs you get plenty of picky collectors so grade conservatively to avoid hassle. Do you have a list/photos of what you're selling?

Not right now, that's a job for tomorrow's day off!

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 21:10 - Mar 29 with 2256 viewsSkip_Intro

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 20:33 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Not right now, that's a job for tomorrow's day off!

If you're local I'd be interested in what you've got and happy to pay cash if you've got anything I want - feel free to PM me if you want to.
Cheers
D
Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 12:26 - Mar 30 with 2119 viewsmonytowbray

DM me that list before it goes up so I can take my picks ;)

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 17:12 - Mar 30 with 2044 viewsChondzoresk

Go to any supermarket and help yourself to the large old fruit boxes....very sturdy cardboard. You can then cut to size. We always do that. Bubble wrap can be bought cheaply off eBay too.
Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 17:14 - Mar 30 with 2041 viewsjeera

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 17:12 - Mar 30 by Chondzoresk

Go to any supermarket and help yourself to the large old fruit boxes....very sturdy cardboard. You can then cut to size. We always do that. Bubble wrap can be bought cheaply off eBay too.

Although of course try to avoid plastic as much as you can don't forget kids!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 07:51 - Mar 31 with 1943 viewsfergalsharkey

Ebay sellers of TWTD: on 18:13 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

what did you get for all your effort £11.80

Poll: Cook out?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024