Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooks comments on squad size 18:11 - Mar 8 with 2242 viewsITFCMonk

My immediate reaction is it would make sense to end 1 loanee earlier than the end of the season. I know injuries can play a part but with only 5 allowed in a match squad I personally don't like having 6 or more on the books. I know he might not, but who would you get rid of? Thomas has probably played the least but i probably still prefer him to Bennetts and would choose Bennetts and / or mcguinness to leave.
Cooks comments on squad size on 18:14 - Mar 8 with 2195 viewswkj

The way I feel with Town right now I would say get rid of them all and make what we have work for their contracts.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cooks comments on squad size on 18:19 - Mar 8 with 2161 viewsAce_High1

Keep Parrott, send the other lot back.

Look at our history, whenever we have had a large squad we have been rubbish as it confuses the manager and makes them chop and change every game. See GB in second year in the PL. See also JR team in the play offs in 03/04/05 - we barely had 16 senior players but we had a style and some quality.

This is L1, not the Champions League.

You need a senior squad of 15-18 players and then a few kids to make up the numbers. Only acceptable loans are high quality players who can make a difference (those we could never afford to buy) and problem positions (if we are desperate with injuries in one area). Other than that loans are just squad filler.

Poor old Marcus spending ££££ on dross, when we could gut the squad to half what it is and then sign a few quality players.

One goalscorer on £10k a week is better than 4 x squad filler on £2.5k like Thomas, Harrop, Matheson, Mcguiness.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 18:21]
Cooks comments on squad size on 18:25 - Mar 8 with 2119 viewsJ2BLUE

Cooks comments on squad size on 18:19 - Mar 8 by Ace_High1

Keep Parrott, send the other lot back.

Look at our history, whenever we have had a large squad we have been rubbish as it confuses the manager and makes them chop and change every game. See GB in second year in the PL. See also JR team in the play offs in 03/04/05 - we barely had 16 senior players but we had a style and some quality.

This is L1, not the Champions League.

You need a senior squad of 15-18 players and then a few kids to make up the numbers. Only acceptable loans are high quality players who can make a difference (those we could never afford to buy) and problem positions (if we are desperate with injuries in one area). Other than that loans are just squad filler.

Poor old Marcus spending ££££ on dross, when we could gut the squad to half what it is and then sign a few quality players.

One goalscorer on £10k a week is better than 4 x squad filler on £2.5k like Thomas, Harrop, Matheson, Mcguiness.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 18:21]

Poor Marcus has no one to blame but himself. He should have pulled he trigger earlier rather than allow Lambert to sign four players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cooks comments on squad size on 18:47 - Mar 8 with 1996 viewsrickw

Keep Parrott - he looks decent, keep Mathesson as we don't have many options at right back

I'm yet to be convinced any of the others are better than what we already have

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Cooks comments on squad size on 18:50 - Mar 8 with 1990 viewsjayessess

One day people will finally absorb the idea that loanees can't be recalled or returned between transfer windows.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cooks comments on squad size on 18:59 - Mar 8 with 1952 viewsKieran_Knows

Thomas wants to go back to Barnsley anyway. He’d rather play in their 23’s than here...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cooks comments on squad size on 19:01 - Mar 8 with 1919 viewsdavblue

Cooks comments on squad size on 18:25 - Mar 8 by J2BLUE

Poor Marcus has no one to blame but himself. He should have pulled he trigger earlier rather than allow Lambert to sign four players.

Without getting rid of any as well. Poor, poor management all over the place from the top down.
Cooks comments on squad size on 19:06 - Mar 8 with 1881 viewsjayessess

Cooks comments on squad size on 19:01 - Mar 8 by davblue

Without getting rid of any as well. Poor, poor management all over the place from the top down.

Having done it, we're on the hook both for the money and for the players, sadly.
And whilst I'm sure the club won't particularly mind if Borussia Moenchengladbach, Barnsley and Preston don't ever fancy loaning us a player ever again, probably not a great idea to convince Arsenal, Spurs or even Wolves that we can't be trusted with their youngsters.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Cooks comments on squad size on 19:26 - Mar 8 with 1800 viewsSitfcB

Cooks comments on squad size on 18:59 - Mar 8 by Kieran_Knows

Thomas wants to go back to Barnsley anyway. He’d rather play in their 23’s than here...

Really? Bin him off then. Why was he so desperate to come here?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cooks comments on squad size on 19:42 - Mar 8 with 1756 viewsKieran_Knows

Cooks comments on squad size on 19:26 - Mar 8 by SitfcB

Really? Bin him off then. Why was he so desperate to come here?

That is #definfo.

Way off the pace here apparently (although I heard that was under previous management). So things may have changed since Cook came in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cooks comments on squad size on 08:10 - Mar 9 with 1312 viewsGuthrum

Cooks comments on squad size on 18:50 - Mar 8 by jayessess

One day people will finally absorb the idea that loanees can't be recalled or returned between transfer windows.

Or, at least, it doesn't save any money by doing so.

Tho it can happen in the case of Youth loans, which may be what confuses people.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cooks comments on squad size on 12:49 - Mar 9 with 1042 viewsJoHnNnY

I’d get rid of Harrop and Thomas right now.. hardly stand out when on the pitch.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024