Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe 07:05 - Jan 29 with 2156 viewslambchoppywaters

Too many teams on good runs of form of late and it will simply be too much for the squad to make up a bigger points deficit than already exists.
Lose or draw we need to up the Lambert Out Campaigning
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:41 - Jan 29 with 606 viewsChrisd

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:42 - Jan 29 by jayessess

Sure, but equally there's another group of 6 teams for whom a couple of wins put them on course for 80+ as well.

I don't know if there's a general tendency for teams in the top half to score fewer points in the second half of the season? Maybe this is just going to be one of those weird seasons where points are unevenly distributed to the top half...
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 9:43]

Keep an eye out for Oxford, they're charging up the league like a train, probably not a lot of people considering them after their slow start. 7 wins from the their last 7 in all competitions.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 12:51]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:35 - Jan 29 with 555 viewsMonkeyAlan

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 08:50 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

HOpefully the season begins tomorrow if we lose, with a new gaffer in charge.

If we do we'll have 35 points after 23 games - new guy would need 40 to get us in the play offs, 50 to push for automatic......not a Herculean task

I don't think he is going anywhere. He is looking for new recruits, Evans seems to be behind him. Evans isnt seeming to want to listen to the fans this time after the Mick business. Regardless of who he upsets Evans seems hell bent in keeping Lambert. Obviously he doesn't seem to care about STs, or revenue. He doesn't want to listen to the fans opinions anymore. I think we are stuffed.
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:36 - Jan 29 with 554 viewshype313

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:35 - Jan 29 by MonkeyAlan

I don't think he is going anywhere. He is looking for new recruits, Evans seems to be behind him. Evans isnt seeming to want to listen to the fans this time after the Mick business. Regardless of who he upsets Evans seems hell bent in keeping Lambert. Obviously he doesn't seem to care about STs, or revenue. He doesn't want to listen to the fans opinions anymore. I think we are stuffed.

But Joe's clearly stated in other threads, it's not Lambert doing the recruiting.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:39 - Jan 29 with 545 viewsitfcjoe

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:36 - Jan 29 by hype313

But Joe's clearly stated in other threads, it's not Lambert doing the recruiting.

I'm sure he plays a part, or does so in normal times - but there is a big blurring of lines between who takes overall responsibility for it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:40 - Jan 29 with 543 viewsMonkeyAlan

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:36 - Jan 29 by hype313

So Evans is choosing the players we sign too now? Lambert must have put a list together that Evans works to? Because Evans sure as hell knows nothing about footballers.
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:42 - Jan 29 with 536 viewshype313

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:40 - Jan 29 by MonkeyAlan

So Evans is choosing the players we sign too now? Lambert must have put a list together that Evans works to? Because Evans sure as hell knows nothing about footballers.

It's not Evans either.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:52 - Jan 29 with 511 viewsMrTown

Season is done already, more due to the fact the manager isn’t going anywhere.

Probably solidified with the fact he is still being supported in the transfer market.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 14:42 - Jan 29 with 487 viewstextbackup

Even if we make the PO under PL it’s pointless, we can’t beat teams in the top 10

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 14:53 - Jan 29 with 471 viewsRadlett_blue

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 13:39 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

I'm sure he plays a part, or does so in normal times - but there is a big blurring of lines between who takes overall responsibility for it

Who else would be involved in the process? You would expect Evans or O'Neill, his mouthpiece, to exercise some control over contracts, wages & transfer fees so on that basis Lambert could have his signings vetoed, but if anyone else is choosing Town's signings, please tell me who it is.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 14:57 - Jan 29 with 471 viewsitfcjoe

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 14:53 - Jan 29 by Radlett_blue

Who else would be involved in the process? You would expect Evans or O'Neill, his mouthpiece, to exercise some control over contracts, wages & transfer fees so on that basis Lambert could have his signings vetoed, but if anyone else is choosing Town's signings, please tell me who it is.

As you's expect O'Neill and Evans alongside the manager

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 15:41 - Jan 29 with 438 viewswkj

Lambert will be here for the first game of next season, we're currently writing a narrative that gives ourselves hope where there is nope to be had

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 15:44 - Jan 29 with 433 viewsSwansea_Blue

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:41 - Jan 29 by Chrisd

Keep an eye out for Oxford, they're charging up the league like a train, probably not a lot of people considering them after their slow start. 7 wins from the their last 7 in all competitions.

Indeed and they'll likely be the next to pass us.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:6/type:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 15:46 - Jan 29 with 422 viewsMrTown

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:41 - Jan 29 by Chrisd

We don’t need to worry about Oxford.

I’m pretty sure they won’t be in a relegation fight with us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 15:49 - Jan 29 with 411 viewsRadlett_blue

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 15:41 - Jan 29 by wkj

Lambert will be here for the first game of next season, we're currently writing a narrative that gives ourselves hope where there is nope to be had

Once we can't reach the play offs, I hope the break clause won't be too expensive for Evans to fire Lambert so that we can get hopefully a better manager to do the painful rebuild in the summer, with so many players out of contract.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 15:57 - Jan 29 with 399 viewswkj

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 15:49 - Jan 29 by Radlett_blue

Once we can't reach the play offs, I hope the break clause won't be too expensive for Evans to fire Lambert so that we can get hopefully a better manager to do the painful rebuild in the summer, with so many players out of contract.

I hope so too. I really have no clue why they renewed his contract so heavily - I really do question whether it just came down to Evans not having the time or desire to look for a new manager with Lambert signalling "now or never" for a new deal.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024