Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are a negative football club. 00:27 - Dec 16 with 3349 viewsIpswichlove

Our fan base moan a lot . We’re two points off top. Granted we shouldn’t be in this piss league and haven’t played great football but we have had a loads of injuries and attempted to play good football along the ground even if it is lacking end product. we do have to do start beating big teams and if we start to do that here and get a few of our key players back then we could quite easily get promoted cos this league is poor.

Not sure the lambert out abuse is warranted. We did it with Mick and look where that got us. When we finished 15th in the championship. We would love to be there now. Whatever we have we just arnt happy with. Evans has said he is gonna back lambert so why not leave the negativity until end of the season atleast and if we don’t go up then he has to go. It can’t help the players cos they obviously read it due to the celebrations this season.

Poll: Season ticket
Blog: The Next Three - Part Two

We are a negative football club. on 00:32 - Dec 16 with 3000 viewsBlueBadger

'Not sure the lambert out abuse is warranted. We did it with Mick and look where that got us. When we finished 15th in the championship. We would love to be there now.'

It's because finishing 15th in the Championship under Lambert is a crazy, crazy dream. He got us relegated without a fight, failed to achieve promotion when NOT going up seemed a more difficult feat at one one point and is making even being flat-track bullies look like hard work.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 10:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We are a negative football club. on 00:36 - Dec 16 with 2985 viewsmattyhollandsirish

The club is in its worst position for over 50 years managed by a guy who has proven in his 2 year tenure that he is completely incompetent. There's probably a good argument that not moaning now (in the pursuit of change) is doing more damage than good.
We are a negative football club. on 00:39 - Dec 16 with 2971 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We are a negative football club. on 00:32 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

'Not sure the lambert out abuse is warranted. We did it with Mick and look where that got us. When we finished 15th in the championship. We would love to be there now.'

It's because finishing 15th in the Championship under Lambert is a crazy, crazy dream. He got us relegated without a fight, failed to achieve promotion when NOT going up seemed a more difficult feat at one one point and is making even being flat-track bullies look like hard work.

'He got us relegated without a fight'

Yet the entire SBR stand clapped and cheered Chambers, Skuse and co. following the limp relegation. That was followed by the big eurphoria after the exceptional skipper got a new deal.

Yes, I know I know that cOlE sKuSe wIlL Be a cRacKiNg cOaCh.

That doesn't change the fact that the different rules did apply to to the players and Lambert during the relegation season. Proper blokes are the proper blokes and they are untouchable aren't they?
We are a negative football club. on 00:40 - Dec 16 with 2966 viewsMrTown

Couple of things:

- Why shouldn’t we be in this piss league? - We finished 11th, scraping wins against bottom of the league sides, can’t beat by decent side, and the quality of football we produce is very much towards the bottom of League 1 standard. I would say this is very much where we should be.

- We are two points off the top, but slightly falsified and will be adjusted accordingly when other teams play their games in hand you would think.

If we can stay in touching distance around start of Feb, and get some key bloody players fit again - Downes, Bishop, KVY, Norwood, Edwards, Wilson that is quality that would add to this side right now, and really good individual players at this level. Doesn’t mean Lambert could mould them into a team though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We are a negative football club. on 00:49 - Dec 16 with 2931 viewsIpswichlove

We are a negative football club. on 00:32 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

I agree with your comment especially about relegation without a fight. But the abuse dosent help half way through a season when we are playing with youngsters and missing key players (KVY, Downes, Bishop, Sears, Norwood, Edwards, Wilson, Nolan, Skuse) probs missing some but we are still only 2 points off top.

Season is up and down. Might as well just stick with him properly until end of the season cos we have been too 6 pretty much most of the season. Granted last season he f@cked it up but Evans is gonna stick with him so the negativity is pointless, atleast till end of season

We are a negative football club. on 00:53 - Dec 16 with 2926 viewsIpswichlove

We are a negative football club. on 00:40 - Dec 16 by MrTown

Couple of things:

- Why shouldn’t we be in this piss league? - We finished 11th, scraping wins against bottom of the league sides, can’t beat by decent side, and the quality of football we produce is very much towards the bottom of League 1 standard. I would say this is very much where we should be.

- We are two points off the top, but slightly falsified and will be adjusted accordingly when other teams play their games in hand you would think.

If we can stay in touching distance around start of Feb, and get some key bloody players fit again - Downes, Bishop, KVY, Norwood, Edwards, Wilson that is quality that would add to this side right now, and really good individual players at this level. Doesn’t mean Lambert could mould them into a team though.

Look at the size of our club.

Agreed but if any team in the top 6 wins 3 games in a week then they will be top 2 so we arnt exactly in a bad position.

Yeah but Lambert is working with the squad he has. At the start of the season when we had more players available (still key injuries) we saw better football. When players come back we will be so much stronger

We are a negative football club. on 00:58 - Dec 16 with 2908 viewsbournemouthblue

As fans go, we are certainly not moaners in the same way some clubs are

We all remember the Norwich fan who lobbed their season ticket at the manager for example

Some clubs have even had sit down protests on their pitch

We are a fairly placid bunch, it takes a lot for us to truly signal our discontent

I know Lambert has his issues but they run far deeper than him himself

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We are a negative football club. on 08:34 - Dec 16 with 2680 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Finishing 11th was enough to get the sack on its own.

Our recent form and form for the calendar year is awful.

The football is poor.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

We are a negative football club. on 08:39 - Dec 16 with 2667 viewsDanTheMan

I am actually quite surprised how well the "we've got lots of injuries" propaganda is working.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We are a negative football club. on 08:40 - Dec 16 with 2659 viewsHerbivore

We are a negative football club. on 00:39 - Dec 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yet the entire SBR stand clapped and cheered Chambers, Skuse and co. following the limp relegation. That was followed by the big eurphoria after the exceptional skipper got a new deal.

That doesn't change the fact that the different rules did apply to to the players and Lambert during the relegation season. Proper blokes are the proper blokes and they are untouchable aren't they?

Lambert was well backed during the relegation season too, but let's not let the facts get in the way of your predictable Chambers and Skuse rant. Seek help, ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We are a negative football club. on 08:44 - Dec 16 with 2636 viewsTieDyedIn95

Last season we beaten Burton with ease at home, and then lost every subsequent game of any meaning.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

We are a negative football club. on 08:46 - Dec 16 with 2629 viewsMonkeyAlan

Are you for real? Hasn't been much to cheer about for 10 years and you say we are negative. We beat the bottom team, just, with an awful display and everything is Rosey, are you really PL? If so, nice try.
We are a negative football club. on 09:16 - Dec 16 with 2583 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We supported all the players (and Lambert). Not sure why you single out Chambers and Skuse.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We are a negative football club. on 09:19 - Dec 16 with 2579 viewsN2_Blue

We are a negative football club. on 00:53 - Dec 16 by Ipswichlove

Look at the size of our club.

Agreed but if any team in the top 6 wins 3 games in a week then they will be top 2 so we arnt exactly in a bad position.

Yeah but Lambert is working with the squad he has. At the start of the season when we had more players available (still key injuries) we saw better football. When players come back we will be so much stronger

When have we ever won 2 games in a week, let alone 3 under Lambert!?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

We are a negative football club. on 09:23 - Dec 16 with 2569 viewsWD19

Lambert gets surprisingly little ‘abuse’. We are all too tired and socially distanced for that. He just needs to be gone.
We are a negative football club. on 09:23 - Dec 16 with 2565 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We are a negative football club. on 08:40 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

Lambert was well backed during the relegation season too, but let's not let the facts get in the way of your predictable Chambers and Skuse rant. Seek help, ffs.

Well backed so what? The entire SBR stand clapped and cheered those wasters.

Read what Bialkowski said as according to what he did the players had given up on staying up on October/November.
We are a negative football club. on 09:31 - Dec 16 with 2542 viewsDyland

Some facts...

I didn't abuse McCarthy. The abuse was absolutely disgraceful. The football was boring me but that's no reason to abuse them. I didn't even shout for his dismissal, though it felt like his time was up.

McCarthy is a much better manager than Lambert.

No one is abusing Lambert in the same way they did McCarthy. Lambert is being criticised for his inability to look competitive against any half decent side in div3. This was happening before the current crop of injuries. He is not a particularly good manager. Sorry if that comes across as abuse?!

If we don't go up this season we will be further hampered by the new salary cap. Are you aware of this?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We are a negative football club. on 09:38 - Dec 16 with 2492 viewsHighgateBlue

We are a negative football club. on 09:19 - Dec 16 by N2_Blue

When have we ever won 2 games in a week, let alone 3 under Lambert!?

Less than two months ago...
We are a negative football club. on 09:41 - Dec 16 with 2478 viewsHerbivore

We are a negative football club. on 09:23 - Dec 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Well backed so what? The entire SBR stand clapped and cheered those wasters.

Read what Bialkowski said as according to what he did the players had given up on staying up on October/November.

Righto.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We are a negative football club. on 09:44 - Dec 16 with 2469 viewsclive_baker

This 2 points off top is a load of b0llocks. We've played more games than most around us and we're utterly incapable of laying a glove on anyone half decent. Not just getting a result, but 3-0, 2-0, 2-0 at home in recent games against playoff opposition. We're a 7th - 10th side at this level currently masquerading as a playoff contender. Lets not kid ourselves because we've scraped over the line at home to Shrewsbury and Burton.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We are a negative football club. on 09:45 - Dec 16 with 2467 viewsjayessess

Our fan base are easily the most patient in English football.

Lambert got us relegated without the barest whisper of a fight and we clapped him off the pitch on the final day.

Lambert took us to our lowest league finish since 1953, somehow didn't get sacked for it and lots of people were still prepared to give him a chance in the Summer.

Lambert now has the 28th longest tenure of all the managers in the football league. Every single manager above him on the list has achieved something. Yet there are still people like yourself prepared to come on here and defend him after our now increasingly rare league victories.

If Lambert wants more patience than that he needs to go work in a library or something.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We are a negative football club. on 10:01 - Dec 16 with 2420 viewsOlly

I'm not quite sure you grasp how disastrous not getting up this season would be for the football club. I don't think it's simply a case of, "hey ho let it play out and if we don't get up, we don't get up". Staying in this league with the salary cap coming in, our evident complete lack of nous at owner/chairman level on how to run a football side of things.

Also, I think we're decidedly more patient as a fanbase than many others. We're only negative because we don't have anything to pissing cheer for! Only us and Oldham in the last twenty years in the EFL haven't achieved a promotion or some sort of cup win (even the Papa Johns!).
We are a negative football club. on 10:07 - Dec 16 with 2411 viewsBlueBadger

You should probably speak to somebody professional about this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We are a negative football club. on 10:19 - Dec 16 with 2371 viewsTJS

We are a negative football club. on 00:58 - Dec 16 by bournemouthblue

As fans go, we are certainly not moaners in the same way some clubs are

We all remember the Norwich fan who lobbed their season ticket at the manager for example

Some clubs have even had sit down protests on their pitch

We are a fairly placid bunch, it takes a lot for us to truly signal our discontent

I know Lambert has his issues but they run far deeper than him himself

I sometimes think back to that Norwich fan who chucked his season ticket at the manager.
Wasn't Lambert appointed within a week or two and they have never looked back since.
A pretty good argument in favour of fan protests if you ask me.
We are a negative football club. on 10:22 - Dec 16 with 2361 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Town fans have been hugely supportive despite years of decline... look at PR when we went down... you wouldn't have seen that at any other club.

It's gone too far, we've reached the limit of our tolerance, enough is enough. We pay our money, we have every right to complain about the unabated decline of our club.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024