Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are a negative football club. 00:27 - Dec 16 with 3370 viewsIpswichlove

Our fan base moan a lot . We’re two points off top. Granted we shouldn’t be in this piss league and haven’t played great football but we have had a loads of injuries and attempted to play good football along the ground even if it is lacking end product. we do have to do start beating big teams and if we start to do that here and get a few of our key players back then we could quite easily get promoted cos this league is poor.

Not sure the lambert out abuse is warranted. We did it with Mick and look where that got us. When we finished 15th in the championship. We would love to be there now. Whatever we have we just arnt happy with. Evans has said he is gonna back lambert so why not leave the negativity until end of the season atleast and if we don’t go up then he has to go. It can’t help the players cos they obviously read it due to the celebrations this season.

Poll: Season ticket
Blog: The Next Three - Part Two

We are a negative football club. on 10:33 - Dec 16 with 319 viewsstantheman

I can sympathise with the negativity around the club because, at the end of the day, the hierarchy should never have got club into this situation. However I still think you can support the team on the pitch, whether you think some shouldn't be on it, whilst having a go at the management team, maybe before or after the game. Most of the guys out there might not cut the mustard but give them encouragement during the game, it will help.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 11:50]
We are a negative football club. on 11:06 - Dec 16 with 296 viewsTractorWood

We are a negative football club. on 00:40 - Dec 16 by MrTown

Couple of things:

- Why shouldn’t we be in this piss league? - We finished 11th, scraping wins against bottom of the league sides, can’t beat by decent side, and the quality of football we produce is very much towards the bottom of League 1 standard. I would say this is very much where we should be.

- We are two points off the top, but slightly falsified and will be adjusted accordingly when other teams play their games in hand you would think.

If we can stay in touching distance around start of Feb, and get some key bloody players fit again - Downes, Bishop, KVY, Norwood, Edwards, Wilson that is quality that would add to this side right now, and really good individual players at this level. Doesn’t mean Lambert could mould them into a team though.

It's 2033, Ivanka Trump is president and Joe Wicks is prime minister.

Ipswich fans are still being reticent about voicing concerns as Paul Lambert guides them to a hard fought draw against Haverhill Rovers. One fan, when asked about Ipswich's long term decline replied:

'I've been following Ipswich for 46 years, this reminds me of the time Micky Stockwell gave away a penalty against Yeovil in the first half at home in 1994, painted the changing rooms at half time and then scored 3 headers in the last ten minutes to draw 4-4. Sorry what was the question?'

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

We are a negative football club. on 11:17 - Dec 16 with 285 viewsMrTown

We are a negative football club. on 00:53 - Dec 16 by Ipswichlove

Look at the size of our club.

Agreed but if any team in the top 6 wins 3 games in a week then they will be top 2 so we arnt exactly in a bad position.

Yeah but Lambert is working with the squad he has. At the start of the season when we had more players available (still key injuries) we saw better football. When players come back we will be so much stronger

I don’t know what that means ‘look at the size of the club’, I need to know what that means.

Agreed, any team that can string a set of wins rockets up there. However, we can string results together, and Saturday will be prime example of that - win v lower league, stumble v better team.

Like I said, if Lambert can keep us in touching distance until Jan/Feb then he has done rather well, because I do agree we are missing key players, who like you said would equate to better football you feel.

Because the football at the moment is turgid.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We are a negative football club. on 12:03 - Dec 16 with 270 viewsChurchman

We are a negative football club. on 10:22 - Dec 16 by BlueandTruesince82

Town fans have been hugely supportive despite years of decline... look at PR when we went down... you wouldn't have seen that at any other club.

It's gone too far, we've reached the limit of our tolerance, enough is enough. We pay our money, we have every right to complain about the unabated decline of our club.

Too right. Year in year out of dross with only further decline on the horizon. An owner who couldn’t care a less, yet another manager (MM aside) who is utterly abject. I think the supporters have been amazingly patient over the years. I include the end of McCarthy’s time where in those heady days, we were treated to the delights of Skuse, Hyam and the utterly hapless Douglas in midfield, stumbling around hoping for a draw at home with one up front. No I don’t agree with the personal abuse directed at McCarthy, or anybody else for that matter, but there is nothing wrong criticism by paying supporters, especially ones as tolerant as ITFCs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024