Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolley and Watson 09:39 - Dec 5 with 6189 viewsVeryStableGenius

The banning of Phil from the pressers is easily the most un-Ipswich action the club has taken in my lifetime. Putting aside our recent dismal results, this fundamentally damages the values that we hold dear as Town fans.

Shouldn’t the likes of Stuart Watson and Brennan Woolley be doing more to stand up for the local press freedom by boycotting Lambert?

A stronger, more united approach is essential. Their silence is deafening.
Woolley and Watson on 13:50 - Dec 5 with 965 viewsGavTWTD

Woolley and Watson on 13:45 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Is that 174k unique visitors?

Yep

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Woolley and Watson on 13:53 - Dec 5 with 947 viewsDyland

Woolley and Watson on 13:10 - Dec 5 by Keno

Most of the Anti-Jim protest seem to come from Deckchair Derek

And Telly Hunt innit.

Evans being ignorant and plain incorrect about ITFC stuff? Who'd have thought it :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Woolley and Watson on 13:57 - Dec 5 with 923 viewsParisBlue

Woolley and Watson on 13:43 - Dec 5 by CrayonKing

I bet the official site would kill for figures like that

The most worrying thing about HamGate is that if this is how the club manage a simple situation, how the heck do they manage something even slightly complicated.

I guess we've seen the answer based on the last 10 years.

In my job if I continually blamed my clients, didn't reply to their emails and treated them with total disdain to a point where it was costing revenue I wouldn't last long (not to mention disappointing level of quality in delivery)

Seems like the tipping point for a lot of people.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Woolley and Watson on 13:59 - Dec 5 with 911 viewsDyland

Woolley and Watson on 13:21 - Dec 5 by PJH

The club, or some within it, are badly misreading so many things at the moment.

The situation with you has gone beyond ridiculous and unnecessary and now seems to be vindictive.

They seem to be hugely underestimating the anti Paul Lambert feeling and the recent utterings from the club have probably strengthened those feelings.

At some point soon it should dawn on somebody there just what a mess they are making of public relations at the moment.

I think that we have now gone more than full circle since the arrival of PL and the apathy that he said existed (he was right) because now it is not apathy it is getting more and more anti ITFC.

PL did work off field wonders I think in getting the bulk of the fans solidly behind him but I think that now he has lost all but a handful of those gains.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 14:23]

Indeed, and for the first time the ground swell of opinion is turning against the organ grinder rather than his monkey.

Evans is a bit Emperor's New Clothes, to Lambert's King Canute.

arf

Woolley and Watson on 14:00 - Dec 5 with 896 viewsKeno

Woolley and Watson on 13:59 - Dec 5 by Dyland

Indeed, and for the first time the ground swell of opinion is turning against the organ grinder rather than his monkey.

Evans is a bit Emperor's New Clothes, to Lambert's King Canute.

arf

Have you spelt Canute right?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

naughty x (n/t) on 14:03 - Dec 5 with 880 viewsDyland

Woolley and Watson on 14:00 - Dec 5 by Keno

Have you spelt Canute right?

Woolley and Watson on 14:05 - Dec 5 with 869 viewsHullblue

Woolley and Watson on 12:56 - Dec 5 by VeryStableGenius

I am saddened that you have completely misrepresented my post and attempted to personalise it. Frankly, it was very clear that I wasn’t drawing the moral equivalence you suggest. Based on my original thread about the nature of Phil’s banning, and the subsequent posts, there is are clearly something very unjust going on.

Completely agree that something very unjust is going on, but I think in this case the language you chose undermined your point.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Woolley and Watson on 14:21 - Dec 5 with 823 viewshadleighboyblue

Woolley and Watson on 12:36 - Dec 5 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I've spoken to ex-chief execs, former media staff, other journalists among others over recent days and none of them can understand the approach that's been taken.

The aim may be to impact upon me and perhaps some vocal fans they see as overly negative, but ultimately the club will be the loser.

Not seen people talking about Town in the way they have over the last few days, long-term season ticket holders, sponsors, people who spent much of their time talking about Town on here and on social media.

Surely enough is enough and the club should see reason now and readmit Phil .

Don't they realise how much interest in the club TWTD generates , he can't be held responsible for every post on there .

It's no different to Radio Suffolk and their phone ins , they can't be responsible for what fans phoning in say . They are not banning Brenner because of what's broadcast .

The point about the leak is surely that it came from within the club , that's what Evans should be focussing on , it didn't come from Phil and he didn't make the post .

From a PR point , this has been a massive mistake by the club , showing how out of touch they have become , not allowing Phil back in is just making things worse and looks very vindictive . Whatever happened to the friendly , family club we once were .

PHIL we are all grateful for what you do for the fans , we are all behind you
Login to get fewer ads

Woolley and Watson on 14:25 - Dec 5 with 802 viewsSpruceMoose

Woolley and Watson on 11:48 - Dec 5 by PhilTWTD

Yes, banned from all pressers. Currently post-match pressers are outside, hence I'm not permitted to join the 'socially distanced huddle'.

Have to say, I anticipated the week going very differently. I imagined the club would look at making some conciliatory steps in the early part of the week, whether that meant me returning or otherwise, but instead they opted to double down and make it a wider fight with the local media in general and fans at a time when they need everyone onside. From what I'm told I'm even further away from being readmitted due to the furore which erupted.

Not going to be long before they come up with a scheme for giving recompense to season ticket holders, presumably along the lines of vouchers, the money going towards 2021/22 season tickets etc and then new season ticket sales. Seems incredible to me that they would seek to stoke a row with supporters and the local media at such a time.

This post has been edited by an administrator

F*** 'em.

I'll be finding something else to do this morning rather than tune in to watch their dross.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Woolley and Watson on 14:38 - Dec 5 with 755 viewseireblue

Woolley and Watson on 12:39 - Dec 5 by footers

They say they have a special relationship with the forum which is complete balls. If they even scratched the surface they'd be able to see you moderate this place fairly, write supportive, non-divisive pieces and offer a great place for Town fans (and Ullaa) to chat about the club.

You're hardly some Che Guevara type.

Hmmmm, some interesting T-Shirt, poster and banner potential there.

Plus would give Phil a reason to wear some rather snazzy headwear.

On another note I can’t imagine how this feels for Phil. Must be horrible.

This is just spiteful treatment.
Woolley and Watson on 14:43 - Dec 5 with 739 viewsjas0999

EADT have actually done a pretty good job of highlighting this. Most blogs and articles have rightly condemned the decision.
Woolley and Watson on 14:44 - Dec 5 with 730 viewsfooters

Woolley and Watson on 14:38 - Dec 5 by eireblue

Hmmmm, some interesting T-Shirt, poster and banner potential there.

Plus would give Phil a reason to wear some rather snazzy headwear.

On another note I can’t imagine how this feels for Phil. Must be horrible.

This is just spiteful treatment.

A las barricadas!

Free the baldy one!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Woolley and Watson on 15:27 - Dec 5 with 656 viewsLofotBlue

Gutted. I feel I have to do something. It's just a drop in the ocean, but at least it's something. Sending this e-mail to the club;
Dear club,
I'm a supporter from Norway. Been a fan since 1978.

When the club goes to war against its loyal supporters like it has done against Phil Ham of TWTD, I feel angry and disappointed. The club has chosen a dangerous path. Therefore I unsubscribed from Ifollow yesterday;

"Dear Espen

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support

We’re sorry to see you go.

We have opted you out of the renewal on your monthly subscription and you will not be charged again.

Your account will allow access until December 10, 2020.

Thank you for using iFollow, and we hope to have you back in the future.

Regards,
Kimberly iFollow Support"

I will be back once the club reconciles with Phil Ham and readmits him to press conferences.

Angry and disappointed
LofotBlue,
Norway
Woolley and Watson on 15:34 - Dec 5 with 622 viewsfooters

Woolley and Watson on 15:27 - Dec 5 by LofotBlue

Gutted. I feel I have to do something. It's just a drop in the ocean, but at least it's something. Sending this e-mail to the club;
Dear club,
I'm a supporter from Norway. Been a fan since 1978.

When the club goes to war against its loyal supporters like it has done against Phil Ham of TWTD, I feel angry and disappointed. The club has chosen a dangerous path. Therefore I unsubscribed from Ifollow yesterday;

"Dear Espen

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support

We’re sorry to see you go.

We have opted you out of the renewal on your monthly subscription and you will not be charged again.

Your account will allow access until December 10, 2020.

Thank you for using iFollow, and we hope to have you back in the future.

Regards,
Kimberly iFollow Support"

I will be back once the club reconciles with Phil Ham and readmits him to press conferences.

Angry and disappointed
LofotBlue,
Norway

Takk for støtten! Det er ille nok å være en Ipswich-fan i England, gud vet hvordan det er for våre fans over hele verden!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024