Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why all the negativity leading into Hull? 12:51 - Nov 23 with 3261 viewsJackPITFC

Everyone seems to think we will lose, get behind the team, they haven't beaten a team in the top 9, we are at home.

Yes the performances have been worrying as late, and was disrupted against Shrewsbury with an early penalty and 2 Injuries to our midfield, but there is no reason we can't put in a good performance and win the game 18 points from 18 at home..

2-1 Town COYB
Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 13:05 - Nov 23 with 2561 viewsN2_Blue

same as I predicted on another thread, i'm optimistic for Hull, just hope line up isn't too weak based on injuries

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 13:10 - Nov 23 with 2546 viewsMetal_Hacker

Your second paragraph did make me chuckle...then you ask why the negativity

Poll: If it were one or the other

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 13:13 - Nov 23 with 2544 viewsBasuco

Because we are only 3rd and some posters seem to think that by constantly moaning other posters who are not anti Paul Lambert will suddenly become anti Lambert. In reality posters who constantly snipe at Paul Lambert come across as tedious bores. Constructive criticism is fine, but it has now gone way past that on here recently. It's now time to accept where we are as a club and get behind the team. Just a thought.
Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 13:43 - Nov 23 with 2492 viewshoppy

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 13:13 - Nov 23 by Basuco

Because we are only 3rd and some posters seem to think that by constantly moaning other posters who are not anti Paul Lambert will suddenly become anti Lambert. In reality posters who constantly snipe at Paul Lambert come across as tedious bores. Constructive criticism is fine, but it has now gone way past that on here recently. It's now time to accept where we are as a club and get behind the team. Just a thought.

Keep your sensible thoughts out of here please. You know the drill.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 13:47 - Nov 23 with 2482 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I am not anti-lambert nor pro-lambert really, just a realisation of where we are as a team.

I won't be suprised if Hull sting us tomorrow, nor will it teach us anything new that we don't already know about this squad, they generally don't compete with top 6 sides.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 13:47 - Nov 23 with 2484 viewsjayessess

If I was in the stadium, during the 90 I'd try and be the most positive I could possibly be. On here? What am I supposed to be doing exactly? Are happy thoughts going to power us to victory?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

BANG ON! on 13:57 - Nov 23 with 2470 viewsunstableblue

I'm am very sceptical that Lambert is the long term solution for ITFC, he's perhaps not progressive and attacking enough on the pitch, and he's not that warm off the pitch for a family club. But there has been some progress, we are trying to embed a system that links far far far better to our academy ethos, and at least we're getting high possession - man our low possession even against lower teams used to do my head in. Time will tell, doesn't good rosy especially with the injuries.

But your point about the bores.... its just so juvenile and anti what this board is for. I left the board for 3 months, enjoyed being away, popped in for a view, and its the same 4 or 5 bores, as you say "that by constantly moaning at other posters who are not anti Paul Lambert will suddenly become anti Lambert". There's two today who are just unable to be civil, its their view or nothing. I'm just feeling again is to worth being on here? you wouldn't choose to spend time with these people in the pub after a game. Its just sad.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

BANG ON! on 14:41 - Nov 23 with 2413 viewsJackPITFC

BANG ON! on 13:57 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

I'm am very sceptical that Lambert is the long term solution for ITFC, he's perhaps not progressive and attacking enough on the pitch, and he's not that warm off the pitch for a family club. But there has been some progress, we are trying to embed a system that links far far far better to our academy ethos, and at least we're getting high possession - man our low possession even against lower teams used to do my head in. Time will tell, doesn't good rosy especially with the injuries.

But your point about the bores.... its just so juvenile and anti what this board is for. I left the board for 3 months, enjoyed being away, popped in for a view, and its the same 4 or 5 bores, as you say "that by constantly moaning at other posters who are not anti Paul Lambert will suddenly become anti Lambert". There's two today who are just unable to be civil, its their view or nothing. I'm just feeling again is to worth being on here? you wouldn't choose to spend time with these people in the pub after a game. Its just sad.

Great Piece here, i'm with you on Lambert if a change was made i wouldn't be against it, but in reality a team that's 3rd with 6 wins from 6 at home, with over 2 points a game aren't going to sack their manager, it's a very good return so far.

Has it been frustrating? Yes, but let's remember we have picked up these points not playing well so hopefully 'if' / when the performances get better, we continue to pick up the points also.

Realistically nothing short of promotion this season would be a catastrophic failure and would leave us in a heap of trouble in regards to player contracts and wages, whether Lambert is the long term man, i have my doubts, but here and now he is thus far delivering results on the pitch and long may it continue.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 14:42]
Login to get fewer ads

BANG ON! on 14:48 - Nov 23 with 2392 viewsBeckets

BANG ON! on 14:41 - Nov 23 by JackPITFC

Great Piece here, i'm with you on Lambert if a change was made i wouldn't be against it, but in reality a team that's 3rd with 6 wins from 6 at home, with over 2 points a game aren't going to sack their manager, it's a very good return so far.

Has it been frustrating? Yes, but let's remember we have picked up these points not playing well so hopefully 'if' / when the performances get better, we continue to pick up the points also.

Realistically nothing short of promotion this season would be a catastrophic failure and would leave us in a heap of trouble in regards to player contracts and wages, whether Lambert is the long term man, i have my doubts, but here and now he is thus far delivering results on the pitch and long may it continue.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 14:42]

I would say performances are deteriorating generally as the season has progressed. I have little faith that Lambert is capable of turning that trend around as I’ve seen little evidence of his ability to do that in over 2 years here.
BANG ON! on 14:50 - Nov 23 with 2376 viewsHerbivore

BANG ON! on 13:57 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

Possession is really not worth all that much when 90% of it is triangles involving your two CBs and your goalie though. We aren't really creating chances for all the possession we have and that's a big worry. I don't honestly see that we are making progress, in fact as the season is moving forward our performances seem to be going backwards. And that's very much in keeping with Lambert's last two seasons here too where early promise gives way to turgid football and poor results.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 14:53 - Nov 23 with 2374 viewsMullet

Some stunning irony on this thread eh?

I guess the moaning and moaning about moaning accentuate the razor sharp football analysis? It's surely more telling that any praise for the current run is always heavily caveated and laden with emotive accusations no?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 14:59 - Nov 23 with 2349 viewsHerbivore

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 14:53 - Nov 23 by Mullet

Some stunning irony on this thread eh?

I guess the moaning and moaning about moaning accentuate the razor sharp football analysis? It's surely more telling that any praise for the current run is always heavily caveated and laden with emotive accusations no?

There's something of a parallel between those supporting Lambert and those supporting the Tories and Brexit. Those who look at what's actually happening and point out that it's not great aren't met with counter arguments, we're just accused of being negative and told to get behind the team.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 15:16]

BANG ON! on 15:06 - Nov 23 with 2338 viewsblueislander

BANG ON! on 14:50 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Possession is really not worth all that much when 90% of it is triangles involving your two CBs and your goalie though. We aren't really creating chances for all the possession we have and that's a big worry. I don't honestly see that we are making progress, in fact as the season is moving forward our performances seem to be going backwards. And that's very much in keeping with Lambert's last two seasons here too where early promise gives way to turgid football and poor results.

IN fact in the games we lost against Lincoln and Sunderland our performance was not that bad imo, much better than last Saturday for sure. We were unlucky not to get something out of those games. Unfortunately it looks like we will have a rather cobbled together team for tomorrow night , and it is difficult to see who of the fit and available players can fit into the system that the manager insists on playing.
Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 15:06 - Nov 23 with 2335 viewsMullet

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 14:59 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

There's something of a parallel between those supporting Lambert and those supporting the Tories and Brexit. Those who look at what's actually happening and point out that it's not great aren't met with counter arguments, we're just accused of being negative and told to get behind the team.

Maybe. I only go off what I see, but it seems odd dipping in and out to see there's a very clear trend of attacking the messengers as much as the message. See also, making up criticisms and negativity to frame their own ideas.

Wonder how many were doing the same with the Ireland team recently?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 15:07 - Nov 23 with 2331 viewsclive_baker

Cause we're sh1t, probably. In their defence, they've had maybe 1 opportunity to beat a team in the top 8, they've not played most of them. We've demonstrated for ages we're not capable, despite many attempts. It's a bit different.

But you're right, anyone can beat anyone at this level and we certainly shouldn't fear any side. They should be fearing coming to play us. Mad how expectations can drop so quickly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 15:12 - Nov 23 with 2317 viewsMullet

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 15:07 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Cause we're sh1t, probably. In their defence, they've had maybe 1 opportunity to beat a team in the top 8, they've not played most of them. We've demonstrated for ages we're not capable, despite many attempts. It's a bit different.

But you're right, anyone can beat anyone at this level and we certainly shouldn't fear any side. They should be fearing coming to play us. Mad how expectations can drop so quickly.

The problem then becomes that expecting us to beat teams, especially when we have got off so lightly during COVID compared to many others (how many have we played with 6-10 new signings? etc) it makes this piety all the odder and delusional doesn't it?

This is the worst football I've ever seen ITFC play, it's the worst pretty much 99% of our fanbase will of seen. Maybe that's why they refuse to countenance it? All we really have is faith in our youngsters and we are the oldest team in this sh1thole division too aren't we?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 15:22 - Nov 23 with 2288 viewsTieDyedIn95

Getting behind a team on a forum will not change the result. People are right to be cautious and criticize what's going on at the club.

The "disruption" as you call it was one of the worse games Town have played in living memory after we threw two cup ties to "rest" our first team so that the team would be fit and ready for the league. They were not. We got lucky against one of the worse teams in the bottom two tiers in English football right now. Hull are significantly better than that. The support is right to call out how bad things are at the club, we cannot bury our heads in the sand, Ipswich shouldn't be in this division and we should have, given the size of the club and the budget compared to our rivals, at least 15 players in the squad able to win this league easily. We do not. That is what we should be upset about.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull ? on 02:55 - Nov 24 with 2150 viewseddiespearitt03

The negativity runs far deeper than that.

[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 6:30]
Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 09:38 - Nov 24 with 2018 viewsSouperJim

The day I accept where we currently are as a club is the day I stop being an Ipswich fan.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 09:42 - Nov 24 with 2013 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

"There's something of a parallel between those supporting Lambert and those supporting the Tories and Brexit."

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 09:49 - Nov 24 with 1990 viewsBarneycurley

Hahahahaha

That's the funniest most spurious parallel I've seen since Paz suggested that the twin towers were demolished by a very grumpy wolf.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 09:52 - Nov 24 with 1981 viewsHerbivore

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 09:49 - Nov 24 by Barneycurley

Hahahahaha

That's the funniest most spurious parallel I've seen since Paz suggested that the twin towers were demolished by a very grumpy wolf.

It's entirely valid, but I'm not surprised you don't get it.

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 09:56 - Nov 24 with 1969 viewsBarneycurley

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 09:52 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

It's entirely valid, but I'm not surprised you don't get it.

Oh don't be like that. I can't help i am so thick

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 10:20 - Nov 24 with 1936 viewsHerbivore

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 09:56 - Nov 24 by Barneycurley

Oh don't be like that. I can't help i am so thick

I'm not laying any blame, friend.

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 11:31 - Nov 24 with 1853 viewsKeaneish

A combination of cynicism and experience I guess.

For me, it’s simple. Pick the right side to play at tempo from the off, we’ll win. Pick the wrong side, play ponderous football and squander the lead, we’ll lose.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 12:30]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024